Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
StrokedXT
Banned

Default Car scene, workshops etc in coffs

Hi I'm moving to coffs in a week or so and was wondering if any locals could let me know if there is much of a car/ford scene up that way.

Any workshops you would recommend?

Just trying to decide wether to leave my xt on the coast till it's finished or take it with me and find people to do the workup that way.

Any help is appreciated

StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
6t6m

Default Re: Car scene, workshops etc in coffs

I know the Ford dealer there is very expensive and have heard of many people heading to Nambucca when in need of a dealer. However if you're just looking for an honest workshop then the guys at Dealer Direct are brilliant and I wouldnt go past them. Have went out of their way to help me on numerous occasions.
6t6m is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
StrokedXT
Banned

Yeah I will need someone to do logbook services on the fiesta.
A performance oriented shop to maintain the turbo and bits and pieces on the xt. And also looking for a good trimmer.

Thanks
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
6t6m

I wouldnt say that Dealer Direct is a performance shop but the owners are car enthusiasts and I'm sure would be able to point you in the right direction for all things motor related.
6t6m is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you want someone honest ,reliable and doesn't charge way more than the job is really worth, then yes Kenwal Ford in Nambucca is way ahead of other dealers in the area for servicing.

I even still take my XR down there for most services even though I moved to the Gold Coast 5 years ago. (Im originally from Macksville - 5 mins south of Nambucca)

The best panel shop in Coffs is Edge Panel and Paint... Grant did an awesome job when I decided to put the TS50 kit on my Au and words cannot describe how good the fitment and paint finish was. His service especially after the original sale, is also second to none for the area.

In terms of clubs, theres the Mid Coast Ford Owners Club, which is actually on this site as well. Sadly they started just as I was getting ready to move so I missed out on all the fun.

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post