Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
SS Eater

Default Moving to Melbourne

Gday guys, after some advise
im moving to s.e. melbourne in the next 6 weeks and looking for a Ford dealer that can be trusted to service my rides.
Someone you know that actually cares in what they do.
Thanks

Old 17-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Moving to Melbourne

If you end up in the East or South then my personal experiences with Strapp Ford have been excellent and I'd happily recommend them.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Dave3911

How south east are we talking??

Freeway Ford in Cranbourne have serviced by G6E and my fiance's BF Futura and have been excellent and I'd happily recommend them.

The G6E was bought up the road at Coffey Ford Dandenong & I wouldn't recommend them in the slightest - first service saw damage done to the interior trim spears, as well as dirty oily handprints all up both A pillars and the headliner. Not to mention some broken drivers seat plastic trim. In their defense, they fixed everything up pronto and gave me a free car when they did - but it shouldn't have happened in the first place and I swore never to go back.
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
n0ngie

yeah im in dandenong and strapp is the go and freeway have been more than helpful to me in the past

stay as far away from coffey ford as u can.
n0ngie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
SS Eater

Thanks for that, looking at lynhurst, lynbrook, langwarrin, Frankston....around there anyway.
not sure yet.
Any advise on areas to buy would be usefull aswell, or areas to stay away from.
Thanks
Old 17-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Bought 3 new cars from Freeway in C'bourne and they have also serviced and been helpful ..... until I needed a radio code and wanted to charge me $20.00 for the privilege. Not bad after spending over $120,000 in a few years. Coffey I wouldn't recommend and Strapp I have only heard good things and will be my next point of call.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Eater
Thanks for that, looking at lynhurst, lynbrook, langwarrin, Frankston....around there anyway.
not sure yet.
Any advise on areas to buy would be usefull aswell, or areas to stay away from.
Thanks
I'm pretty much slap bang where your looking at buying (Langwarrin South/Baxter) & have lived my entire life in the area (Frankston, Mt Eliza, Langwarrin)..... It really depends on what your looking for and how much your budget is. I'd personally be steering clear of anything inner-Frankston cbd or Frankston north, also wouldn't touch the older parts of Cranbourne or Hampton Park. Lyndhurst/Lynbrook are obviously newer estates and will have newer more modern homes, if that's what your after.

Where will you be working?? If distance to work is a problem, Don't discount further down the peninsula as the westernport highway/south gippy fwy gives pretty good access into the major arterial roads and obviously the city. Also with peninsula link opening up in 18-24 months, that will vastly shorten travel times from rosebud/mt martha/moorooduc.

Dave
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
SS Eater

Thanks Dave,
ill be working in Cheltenham and the wife either in Frankston hospital or Dandanong hospital,
Those areas you mentioned are pretty much what we have heared, nice to here extra feedback, the wife and i are really interested in a couple of homes in Lyndbrook.
Am really looking forward to some of the sandbelt golf courses....
Joe
Old 17-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #9
yakcam
I drank what?

We sold in Donvale a couple of years ago and looked everywhere from the north east to the south east, down Frankston way. We found that Frankston was pretty eclectic and not something we were used to. You could find a really nice house that was a couple of doors away (or maybe next to) a dump of a house (uncut grass, husks of what were cars etc) Although, looks can be deceiving, it just wasn't worth the risk with a young daughter and all.

We ended up looking outside the norm and ended up deep in the Dandenong ranges. 15 min to Pakenham, 30 to Fertree Gully and along Wellington road and east link, it's 45 min to Ringwood. My wife works in Ringwood and my Daughter goes to Emaus college in Vermont (next to Forest Hill). I was (still am) stunned that they travel that far, but they said that coming home to what we have is well worth the small trip. Thinking about it now, I know people who live in the northern and western 'burbs who work in the east and they have longer travel times. We bought our joint for $380k (10.5 acres of bush, 2.5 acres cleared where the house is, 13 all up
), but up here, the tourists in "Sunday drive mode" drive you mad... But most days through the hills its You'll love it if you have a quick car.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Kraig
Old 21-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #10
nickd
Passionate Ford XD XE nut

Strapp Ford Burwood highly recommend, they have helped me in many many ways from when the car was brand new.

No complaints, and another I have herd good is David Nutter Ford Berwick.

(Admin of ESPGhia.com)

http://espghia.com/forum.php
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ngie
yeah im in dandenong and strapp is the go and freeway have been more than helpful to me in the past

stay as far away from coffey ford as u can.
I've used Coffey before and have always done a good job.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
IMDJAT4U
Starter Motor

Have had some good dealings with Etheridge in ringwood.
IMDJAT4U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #13
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you're on the peninsula, stay away from Jeff Wignall, nothing but bad experiences from them.
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post