Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 
Default should i or shouldnt i???

im thinking about & keen to buy back my EB S XR8 that i had. Some of you may remember it, Was a series 1, 5 speed & black.

Reason im asking if i should or shouldnt is i have a Mitsubishi challenger 4x4 now, and as much as i love that car too, me and the mrs havent used it that much for 4x4 work, its a lot heavier on fuel than the XR8 was too plus i miss having a manual V8!

When i sold it the firewall had cracked, the gearbox had gone in it plus a few other issues i never got around to fixing and id gotten the ***** with it and sold it to one of my best mates.
After i sold it, my mate fixed all the firewall, strengthened it, rebuilt and strengthed the pedelbox, rebuilt the brakes, new exhaust, fixed the rooflining, fixed all the wiring issues and put in new wheel bearings plus rebuilt the gearbox too.... he then sold it not long after doing all that work (his mrs wasnt happy at all!) and they, like me, miss that car BIG TIME!!

Anyway, long story short, the guy my mate sold the car to is his workmates son in law and has talked about selling it again, to which im keen to buy it back... my mate sold it for $3500 (with 12months rego), so i said to my mate to get hold of the bloke again and let him know id look at paying the same, maybe 3K cash without rego (registered in NSW, has to be cancelled anyway).

I know its a bloody good car, its like new now after all the work done to it), i wish id kept it and would love to have it back, but is 3k a good price, or what would you pay for it if you were to make an offer?

cheers

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
EFJay

Default Re: should i or shouldnt i???

Buy it back if you can they are a great car!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Kryton

Ive recently been in the same boat as you are right now.
How would you feel if it was sold to someone else and you never had the chance again to buy it back - could you live with that?

I sold a motorcycle 8 years ago that was given to me before my dad moved overseas.
I had no use for it and ended up selling it (didnt have a license so it sat there going to waste).
I always regretted selling that bike, sentimental reasons and the fact it is now becoming collectable and was just a cool bike.
Seen it about 4 years later in a repair shop getting a service and told the mechanic to tell the owner that if he ever wanted to sell it to get in touch.
Never heard anything back so just put it down to one of those 'regret it till you die' incidents that life brings.
Anyway, the start of this year i decided to start looking for the bike, now i have a full licence, but couldnt remember the guys name that i sold it to.
A couple of months later (March this year) i get a letter in the mail, from the guy i sold it to originally, saying that his riding adys are coming to an end, had heard from the mechanic (now 4 years ago) that i wanted to buy it back at the time and wanted to know if did still want to buy it back.
klong story (not so) short, its now parked back in the garage.
Funny how things work out in the end.
Id say buy it back
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

thanks guys, right now my face is my mrs is which will mean to fully convince the boss or finances i will have to do a bit of this

was a really good car, now its a better car, and with the paintwork fixed on it and some new rims it would be a beautiful car.... i so want it back... now to play the waiting game til i get the call back....

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
Old 27-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Did you buy it back?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

i got word back tonight.... he originally said to my mate $5500.... but my mate said he was jokin, so then old mate said ok $4500... but my mate and I both think if i offered $3500-4k CASH he'd prob take it.

reason he wanting that much is he's installed a big stereo in it and brought some new parts (lights etc).... i said i wasnt interested in the stezza but it comes with the car so.... still deciding and cant really do a lot til i sell my other house and free up finances.... but he isnt in a rush to sell so its still the waiting game.... and the decision weather i wanna sell my forby or have/keep both, then it will mean once my XA is on the road its 2 V8 QLD regos, mrs rego and the forby's....

this could send a man insane!!! Damn the want for lots of toys!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
Craney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With the work your mate did to it and the big stereo etc, sell the fourby, offer $3500 and let the screaming begin! Settle at $4k, halfway, and grin.

Similar to davway, my wife and I bought a bike when we first married and sold it some time later when Lynny developed a little arthritis in her neck. It was a bit unique amongst its peers and we are now looking for it again.
Craney is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post