Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #91
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Revenue Raising at its best

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
Revenue raising, NO. Voluntary tax, YES. dont speed and you wont pay any fines, simple logic.
Perth has just adapted speed cameras at traffic lights, where it catches you going through red lights and also speeding through red lights. A bogan called in to a 6PR radio station question and answer radio show and asked "is there any signage so we know the camera is there? as it is obviously revenue raising", and the radio host shut him up with this answer, "Yes there is, theres a pole with 3 lights on it, Red, Orange and Green"
Volunatry tax, dont speed, and dont pay it. I would rather the government make money this way, through catching idiots speeding and not obeying road rules then taxing us some other way.
We all signed an agreement when we got our licence that we will obey road rules. I have not sped since 2004 after i was sick of getting speeding fines, and guess what, i havent had a speeding fine since! if you cant control the throttle of your car and keep it driving at a constant speed within the speed limits then get off the road, until then im happy for the government to take money from IDIOTS.
not quite right actually, they are red light and speed cameras, the light doesn't have to be red for you to be done for speeding, it can still get you on a green light (i have been done a couple of times by them).

as for the tolerances, i don't know about other states, but in wa they have a 3km/h tolerance, whatever your "stated" speed is on the fine, they take 3km/h off it for the fine. so if you're doing 3 over you won't get done.

oh, and wa police have a full list of the fixed speed cameras on their website, as well as a couple of weeks worth of locations where mobile cameras will be (road and suburb) although, obviously it doesn't have times on there...
http://police.wa.gov.au/Traffic/Came...5/Default.aspx
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #92
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Left yourself a bit open there Ben.

Given that you have described having limited awareness of how fast you are really going then there are 4 possible options:

check the speedo occasionally(yes we have heard how you are going to crash and burn if your eyes leave the roadway for less than half a sec)

enable your speed alert device(yes we have heard how irritating you think they are)

travel at a speed where if you do start going 10km/h faster then you are still within the speed limit.
hand in your licence.

Option 5: every Ben,man and his dog deciding they dont need to contemplate any of the above....no thanks.
Not everyone is as rich as sudszy with his fancy speed alert devices.
Doing 10 over and not realizing was because everyone else around me was going same speed. I was just following the flow.

I aim to do a minimum speed of 10 over the limit. Then increase up to 30 over the limit when possible.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #93
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
i have been done a couple of times by them
Did not learn after the first time??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Not everyone is as rich as sudszy with his fancy speed alert devices.
Doing 10 over and not realizing was because everyone else around me was going same speed. I was just following the flow.

I aim to do a minimum speed of 10 over the limit. Then increase up to 30 over the limit when possible.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #94
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
Did not learn after the first time??
yep, but i didn't realise either time i had been done until about 2 weeks afterwards, cameras both took pictures from behind the car. i didn't even know perth had any fixed speed cameras until i got the fines in the mail. that's why i haven't been done since, now that i know we have them, speeding isn't worth the cost of paying fines, oh and they were both less than 10km/h over, so it was a $75 fine and no points...
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #95
bingoTE50
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said, years ago I got plenty of speeding fines, as I used to speed all the time, got a warning letter send to my house by the RTA saying if you get another fine your license will be suspended.

Since I need my license for work, and will not have a job if I lose my license, and I have two kids to feed and a mortgage to pay, I made a conscious decision to not speed any more. Have not had a single speeding ticket since (about six years), even wave to the boys in blue when they have one of their radar traps set up in one of the usual spots on my way to work.

By the way I also 100% support a zero alcohol limit for ALL drivers, if you are going to drive a car, there is no need to drink, full stop

I am so surprise you are not running our country, you seem to have all the answers, and seem to know more than all our politicians and law makers put together.........NOT.......(for explanation of NOT jokes watch Borat )
Ah -ha , so you used to speed a bit eh...in fact ALL THE TIME - no buses out your way ,why are you still driving ,surely you should have been removed from the roads as you suggested i should .

Reformed alcoholics - one drink from being an alcoholic again.
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post