Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #151
prydey
Rob

Default Re: A Badge Engineered XR8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son

I'm surprised FPV didnt learn any lessons from Holden's SV8 - poor man's SS, but people didnt exactly rush out to get one.
... so holden rebadged the sv8 as ss, and now sell plenty. the ssv is now what used to be the ss, which is also similarly priced to fpv gs.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #152
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
... so holden rebadged the sv8 as ss, and now sell plenty. the ssv is now what used to be the ss, which is also similarly priced to fpv gs.
In saying that however the SS got an upgrade... the SV8 was like an XT V8 pretty much... SSV equipment and kit blows the GS away, leather, dual zone, satnav etc all standard.... and its cheaper!

The GS would do better if it had premium sound and a different seat trim to that of XR and took a price hit of a few grand so retail they were under the LCTL...

XR8 should have been what it was before, 18 inch wheels, standard trim, GS should have been 4 - 5 kay dearer with bigger wheels, a better tune, dual zone / premium sound, stripes and a brembo options, and GT should have been the top of the tree with 2 option packs, (no E or P crap!).

They would do better with both cars then what they are doing now with just the GS and where its currently positioned, as I've said earlier in the thread, theres a bigger market for XR8 then there is for GS, but its gotta be priced accordingly.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 05-04-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #153
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
the ssv is now what used to be the ss, which is also similarly priced to fpv gs.
The SSV is far better value than the GS as an overall package. The GS stands for Gouging Supercharger because for the price, thats about all you're getting.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #154
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Would the GS be a better package in most eyes if it simply had the FPV bodykit?

You mean the one that gets constantly bagged on here?
Old 06-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #155
jixel 78

[QUOTE=b0son]Makes me wonder why they bothered. People simply dont aspire to own an FPV enough to fork out the premium for what is basically an overpriced XR8.

You cant sell on badge alone - people look at the total package. Its one reason why HSV continues to sell in the volumes it does, because HSV understands its buyers want more than just a drivetrain.

I'm surprised FPV didnt learn any lessons from Holden's SV8 - poor man's SS, but people didnt exactly rush out to get one.[/QU

Base model V8`s. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Silly silly silly. Why wouldnt ya get the good one? Oh let me guess you want to tow a horse float. Neeeeiiiiiiiigggghhhh!!!!!! Silly sleepers. Theyre rare because nobody wanted a stupidly thirsty taxi.
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #156
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
You mean the one that gets constantly bagged on here?
I guess people at least wouldnt feel like theyre getting charged for the FPV badge at least.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #157
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
I guess people at least wouldnt feel like theyre getting charged for the FPV badge at least.

I'd say the interior is the area that needs concentration. The outside is good that its different to the GT as it gives differentiation.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #158
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
In saying that however the SS got an upgrade... the SV8 was like an XT V8 pretty much... SSV equipment and kit blows the GS away, leather, dual zone, satnav etc all standard.... and its cheaper!

The GS would do better if it had premium sound and a different seat trim to that of XR and took a price hit of a few grand so retail they were under the LCTL...

XR8 should have been what it was before, 18 inch wheels, standard trim, GS should have been 4 - 5 kay dearer with bigger wheels, a better tune, dual zone / premium sound, stripes and a brembo options, and GT should have been the top of the tree with 2 option packs, (no E or P crap!).

They would do better with both cars then what they are doing now with just the GS and where its currently positioned, as I've said earlier in the thread, theres a bigger market for XR8 then there is for GS, but its gotta be priced accordingly.
Does Series II come standard with satnav, or is it part of the Redline pack? Series 1 didn't have satnav standard.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #159
KuRT12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Does Series II come standard with satnav, or is it part of the Redline pack? Series 1 didn't have satnav standard.
Only Series II SSV.

I think the Calais V might have it as standard too.
KuRT12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post