Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
dylancox

Default Interstate VIV

Hi all, if one was to buy an interstate flood damage vehicle, it would obviously be on that state's REVS database. What if the said vehicle was moved interstate and then safety slipped/registered there.. wouldn't there be nothing ever heard about the fact it was listed as a repairable writeoff and the VIV check bypassed?

dylancox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Interstate VIV

I thought it was flagged on NEVDIS

Would not slip through mate

This angle has been covered off

Anyway, when the PPSR comes in (October 2011) there will be one source of checking it assets are listed as stolen, Written off, repairable write off or encumbered

When I say PPSR, I mean Personal Properties Securities Register - this will replace all the various government departmenst that currently exist ie REVS, VSR, Dept of Transport in WA, etc etc
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Andy777

Default Re: Interstate VIV

this was about 1 year ago, we bought a 02 corolla from victoria as a repairable write off (from pickles) to repair my mother in laws corolla

we are in NSW, the one we got from interstate, had less km, less damage, and was in a better condition overall, so we got it fixed up, blue slipped it and regoed, on when doing a revs check it has no mentions of it being a repairable write off
Andy777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post