Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #31
Auturbo6
The only thing u'll see!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
You have got to be joking.

The other day I saw a Bus driver hanging his arm out the bus window. I couldn't believe he was hooning around in a school bus. He even beeped at a car that cut him off. What a drain on society this guy is, someone shoudl report him for hooning.
ROFLMAO!
Old 30-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #32
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Cant wait for my first phone call.

Spotted late model Aurion with decals all over it, was lurking in bushes holding some sort of dangerous microwave emitting device, when suddenly tore of and tail gated another motorist flashing lights at them.

What will you do about this menace.
Old 30-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #33
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt47569
i was driving down a side street and my turbo spooled/fluttered and a lady on the side of the road shouted at me to slow down.. i was doing the limit of 50
If that was me I would turn around stop next to her and ask her how fast I was going.
I hate people who accuse people of stuff with no proof/reason.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #34
krawczuk

Default Re: QLD Hoon Hotline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Chaser
http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifest...-1225962030560

I thought this failed in NSW?

QUEENSLANDERS will be able to report car hoons through a special police hotline next month under plans to combat the thousands of revheads terrorising neighbourhoods across the state.
Police Minister Neil Roberts will on Sunday reveal December 13 as the launch day for a new phone line - 13HOON - aimed at providing a memorable contact point and reducing the burden on triple-0.
On Saturday Mr Roberts said people would be able to provide details including the hoon's car registration, vehicle description and location of the hooning when they called.
"Queenslanders told us that they were fed up with hoons taking to our streets doing burn-outs, engaging in illegal drag racing and generally driving in an unsafe manner," he told The Sunday Mail.
Incidents with no immediate danger will be forwarded to a police operations centre to have units respond when available, but triple-0 should still be called for urgent hoon cases.
More than 23,000 vehicles have been impounded for 48 hours since anti-hooning laws were introduced in 2002.
RACQ spokesman Paul Turner on Saturday welcomed the move but raised concerns car lovers may be wrongly targeted if the hotline was misused.
"We would encourage any initiative that makes it safer for motorists," he said.
Brisbane Districts Street Car Club president James Rigg on Saturday said his group was often mistaken for hoons when they gathered to appreciate each others' cars.
"Within our club we promote safety and driving responsibly for all our members to do the right thing, so this is a good move," Mr Rigg said. "The more they crack down on it the better because if it gets worse the Government might not let older cars or cars with modifications on the roads at all."
Mr Roberts said the new hotline gave an easy-to-remember central contact point to report hoons.
"The Queensland Police Service emphasises that community members should not place themselves at risk to report this antisocial behaviour," he said.
"For incidents which have occurred, the information phoned through to 13HOON will be detailed to police for follow-up and further investigation."

hi, what about if someone falsely says you where doing burnouts etc... and provided the cops with ya rego etc.. ( wouldnt be hard to do..)

even though you where not ? can you still get in trouble ?

mark
krawczuk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #35
Benjamin Smith

I had a person from around my area dob me into the cops for drifting once, cop came to my place and said that I was spinning my back wheels and going around corners sideways with smoke coming from my back wheels. Only problem with that is that I was spotted doing this in a excel, told the cop if you can go do that in that car I will hand over my license there and then, worked out I got let off and the guy that reported me got a $500 fine for falsely making a report to the police.
Benjamin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #36
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I didnt think a cop could charge you on heresay, but saw this in the news today:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226030882122

Quote:
AN Elizabeth Park teenager has been dobbed into police for alleged hoon driving.

Residents in Craigmore and Elizabeth Park rang police about a car doing burnouts and driving dangerously in those two suburbs.
A police spokesman said the information provided was enough for police to track the car and its occupants to a house at Elizabeth Park.
The driver, 19, was reported for misuse of a motor vehicle, driving while suspended, driving contrary to a defect and driving an unregistered and uninsured motor vehicle.
His car was seized and impounded for 28 days.
Officer in charge of Elizabeth Police, Superintendent David O'Donovan, said it was a "fantastic result and a great example of the community and the police working together".
"It shows the community has had enough of this reckless and dangerous behaviour on our roads and the prompt action of police should also reassure the community that we will act on the information that they provide," Supt O'Donovan said.
"To those people who called us I say thank you for helping to make our roads a safer place."
Anyone who wants to report reckless driving or hooning should provide as much detail as possible, including the location and time of the driving incident and the vehicle details including registration number and description of the vehicle.
Report traffic complaints at police stations or ring the police assistance line on 131 444.

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #37
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
I didnt think a cop could charge you on heresay, but saw this in the news today:

I guess if enough people rang up, they probably can...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #38
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:

Its not hearsay. Hearsay would be if I rang the cops, and told them what you told me, I never actually saw anything myself.

and at a guess, Id say the coppers were clever enough to get the person to admit to, or make a statement that they were able to establish was false.

In other words, Id say he admitted to an offence when questioned, or explained himself in a manner that can be established is a lie.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post