Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default wedding anniversary what to do

gday all

I have a dilemma on the 26th of feb is my 11th wedding anniversary and i would like to take the wife out for the night ie hotel in melb city

now we are on a budget and need to be out at the fpv day early in the morning

I would like to treat here to a great night with a nice place to stay a good meal and some other stuff to do

thanks

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Sorry Jason, can't help you, my missus shot through twelve years ago; haven't spoken to her since, so she's no help either............

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

what has wotif got on it?

always some good places generally, but sometimes the places want more than 1 night stay. congrats and good luck, whatever you do....
Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
dags41v
Black 2006 XR8

Crowne has a good range of accom at various prices and lots to do nearby. Good/expensive tucker if you want it.

Bppk ahead and go somewhere like Movida, awesome food & great service, all good stuff to get one in the mood before an all FPV day !!!!

Good luck
dags41v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #5
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
gday all

I have a dilemma on the 26th of feb is my 11th wedding anniversary and i would like to take the wife out for the night ie hotel in melb city

now we are on a budget and need to be out at the fpv day early in the morning

I would like to treat here to a great night with a nice place to stay a good meal and some other stuff to do

thanks

Jason
Hey Jason,

I did this just last weekend for Valentines day / birthday for the Mrs.

I booked a hotel on lastminute.com.au In the search, they have a tab under some of the results "bonus" or "Special Offer" or something like that.

Look out for these hotels.

In Sydney, some bonuses were free parking, late check-out, Romance package, breakfast etc.

Anyway, I booked Friday Morning for a Friday evening check in.

Scored a 4.5 star hotel (well known chain) in the CBD, their 'bonus' was full buffet breakfast for 2 (priced at $35 each), "Romance Package"-Bottle of sparkling wine and choc-dipped strawberries on arrival as well as 2pm late check-out the following day.

For all this, I paid only $215 total (regular price is $4XX). After all the bonuses and extras I figured I got the room for under $100. (and price was for one night only)

I then joined their 'club' on check in and got free bottles of water and free internet lol.

So, I would hit the net a few days prior to the night and see how you go. Or, take a look tonight, and get familiar with the site and see what deals are available in the next few days (as an idea to see last minute availability / pricing). Many hotels seemed to regularly offer the same 'bonuses' week to week.

You may find a deal with breakfast and parking.

Good luck!
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post