Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #31
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
At the risk of being accused of hypocracy though, I have no problem with anyone who wants to park in the "parents with prams"parks.
The kid's in a stroller for Christs' sake!! It doesn't bother them how far away the park is from the shop!!.
I had 3 kids and never thought I was special enough to have my own car park!!
"Parents with Prams" spots are generally wider than others, to make it easier for parents to unbuckle their kids without the doors hitting adjacent vehicles. Ever tried doing that in a narrower space with a 2-door car (whose doors are longer) where you have to fold the front seats to get the kids out?
Also, most parents would prefer to avoid walking longer distances through crowded car parks with their children.
Yeah, I have two small kids, and I gladly use these parent parking spots if they're available. It's a shorter walk for us, and the people parked next to me needn't worry about their cars getting dinged by my doors.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 08-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #32
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
"Parents with Prams" spots are generally wider than others, to make it easier for parents to unbuckle their kids without the doors hitting adjacent vehicles. Ever tried doing that in a narrower space with a 2-door car (whose doors are longer) where you have to fold the front seats to get the kids out?
Also, .
Yeah, I have two small kids, and I gladly use these parent parking spots if they're available. It's a shorter walk for us, and the people parked next to me needn't worry about their cars getting dinged by my doors.
(I'm entertaining your thoughts without accepting them), I've never noticed it any less difficult or otherwise to extract myself from the car with a car parked next to me(I don't think they are that much wider that you can actually open your door fully if parked next to another car).I would also think twice about owning a 2 door car if I still had kids.
I also think most (certainly many) parents would prefer to avoid doing anything with their children nowadays , if it involves some interactive ,physical activity.
Sorry, use them by all means, but I still don't see why a parent with a pram is special.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #33
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I think mums and some dads who say at home with the kids (not of school age) are a large demographic of shopping center patrons during weekday business hours. I find if I have a day off and go to the shops, the place is packed with parents with their kids who like to catch up with friends at the shops for coffee and some light shopping.

If the shops/car parking etc didn't cater for some of these customers, you will find parents just wouldn't bother.

But thats my take on it. Basically all major shopping centers here in SA have dedicated 'pram' parking close to the entrances.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 08-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #34
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
(I'm entertaining your thoughts without accepting them), I've never noticed it any less difficult or otherwise to extract myself from the car with a car parked next to me(I don't think they are that much wider that you can actually open your door fully if parked next to another car).
I assume you're not a fat bastard like I am.

Quote:
I would also think twice about owning a 2 door car if I still had kids.
I'd love to be able to afford a bigger car, but it's just not in the cards at this time (we spend too much on food).

Quote:
I also think most (certainly many) parents would prefer to avoid doing anything with their children nowadays , if it involves some interactive ,physical activity.
I agree, but I do enjoy interactive physical activity with my children, even though I am a fat bastard.

Quote:
Sorry, use them by all means, but I still don't see why a parent with a pram is special.
I don't think we're special either, just glad that some shopping centres cater to our needs.

Peace.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 08-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #35
bf ute
Starter Motor

I have just been sent the new fines that are now handed out in LA and all throughout California, For parking in a disable parking spot without a disabled tag is a $976 and the sooner they bring something like this here the better it may make the lazy Bs think twice about parking there.
Here are the new fines and they are strictly enforced.
Traffic Ticket Fines (Effective 01/06/2011)

VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions,
first offense.

VC 22507(B) $1876 Violation of disabled parking provisions,
second offense.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #36
G6E Turbo 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro XR6
totally agree, i remember watching 2 seniors (around 60 yrs old) casually step out of their brand new Jaguar and head into David Jones. Yeah they even had a sticker, but what for i dont know!

The point is if they have a sticker , that belongs to them
It is none of anyones buisness
The fact is people have many different issues that at
times requires them to be able to use this kind of parking facility

The last thing they need, me included, Is some smart ****
trying to be a hero and make a point and causing more embarrassment
for people.
Personally If there are a few vacant Disabilty spots I will use one
If there is only one, I don't I will leave it for some person much worse
off than what I am.

We all need to be a bit considerate for others

Mind your own business was always good advice we were given
as children
Old 08-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #37
dave289
Banned

I thought that there could be a possible solution to this by having a photo ID of the designated user on the pass and maybe a $1,000 fine for people who abuse it or blantantly just park there inconsiderately. But there are still loopholes in that some young girl or guy could say they just dropped gran to the doctor when they did,nt. And I cant see the officer going into the docs or hospital or waiting for them to verify their story so they can get away with it. So we can see that this problem cant be fixed completely but it could certainly be improved in a big way by using the photo ID and the $1000 fine. They could then maybe use this money to reduce the cost of our rego by making these poeple pay instead of the inocent by increasing costs every year but as we know it would just go into increasing pollies ever increasing pay packets from $220,000 a year to $270,000 cause their always making the right desicions, right......
Old 10-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #38
G6E Turbo 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
I thought that there could be a possible solution to this by having a photo ID of the designated user on the pass and maybe a $1,000 fine for people who abuse it or blantantly just park there inconsiderately. But there are still loopholes in that some young girl or guy could say they just dropped gran to the doctor when they did,nt. And I cant see the officer going into the docs or hospital or waiting for them to verify their story so they can get away with it. So we can see that this problem cant be fixed completely but it could certainly be improved in a big way by using the photo ID and the $1000 fine. They could then maybe use this money to reduce the cost of our rego by making these poeple pay instead of the inocent by increasing costs every year but as we know it would just go into increasing pollies ever increasing pay packets from $220,000 a year to $270,000 cause their always making the right desicions, right......
They already use Phot ID's on the Disability Parking Labels
It is on the reverse side to the displayed side of the card
shown on the dashboard
$450+ is the fine in a carpark like a Westfield
Old 12-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #39
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

I don't think you can be legally given a ticket for parking in a disabled zone in Victoria.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #40
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People have to think before they act. I am 27 and no I do not look disabled, but I do have a permit. Reason being, I had a serious motor bike accident and fractured my spine in 6 places, back in December 2007. I suffer bad pain every know and then and when this happens, I can only walk a small distance. People hate it when I park in a disabled parking spot. I have been abused, yelled at screamed at and a couple other things. Most people will not try and grab me or anything like that because I am a built guy. This happens because people assume because I am young I do not need to permit or I am using someones else permit. So next time your decided to go off the handle at a person in a disabled park maybe you should stop and think.

In Victoria, you just goto your doc, doc fills out a form from the council, you return the form and get the permit. Does not have a picture or name on it.

In Vic you can park in car park for as long as you like even if there are limits. In some areas you do not even have to pay, as the meter has a sign saying disabled permit exempt.
Old 13-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #41
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Ok i'm going to bite here, and I know i'm going to get attacked for saying this but I couldn't care less.

Is this really a big deal? I have parked in disabled spots many of times simply because there are no other spots left to park. If all i'm doing is going to the local servo to grab something, and the only space left is a disabled space then i'm going to park in it.
If anyone was to have a go at me or even grab me then they'd be getting a mouthful or a fist in the face.

There I said it, flame away monkeys...
Old 13-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #42
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFlash
I don't think you can be legally given a ticket for parking in a disabled zone in Victoria.
Yes you can, I have personally seen a local Traffic Policeman parked in a Safeway car park dishing them out.
Old 13-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #43
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
Ok i'm going to bite here, and I know i'm going to get attacked for saying this but I couldn't care less.

Is this really a big deal? I have parked in disabled spots many of times simply because there are no other spots left to park. If all i'm doing is going to the local servo to grab something, and the only space left is a disabled space then i'm going to park in it.
If anyone was to have a go at me or even grab me then they'd be getting a mouthful or a fist in the face.

Well you are a ****-wit, as I previosuly said my 28 year old daughter has one, and by your ****-wit actions you are causing her and many thousands of others undue pain, I hope someone keys your car.
Old 13-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #44
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
Well you are a ****-wit, as I previosuly said my 28 year old daughter has one, and by your ****-wit actions you are causing her and many thousands of others undue pain, I hope someone keys your car.
Well said mate, you beat me to it. You f 'n' dribbler!!!! It was blokes like you that made my life even more miserable and painful when my wife was battling pancreatic cancer before her death, and i had to double park and copped abuse while i rushed her into waiting rooms and then had to park a mile away and then come back and do the whole process again, while leaving her unattended on the sidewalk.

Grow up, and show some respect for others or those less fortunate!
Old 13-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #45
chrisfpv

Meh, wrote out a reply but not worth it...
Old 13-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #46
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
Meh, wrote out a reply but not worth it...
C'mon If your going to talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk mate!!!

Make it good though, or just swallow your pride and appologize!
Old 13-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #47
chrisfpv

Haha, trust me what I say will get me banned so i'll pass.

Last edited by chrisfpv; 13-02-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 13-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #48
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR

efffwits like yourself should have been drowned at birth , you are a young smartarse of about 21 and hopefully someone will punch the livin ***** out of you before too long, cause thats exactly what you deserve. You should also be barred from the forum, cause your a lowlife dog.
Old 13-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #49
chrisfpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
efffwits like yourself should have been drowned at birth , you are a young smartarse of about 21 and hopefully someone will punch the livin ***** out of you before too long, cause thats exactly what you deserve. You should also be barred from the forum, cause your a lowlife dog.
Feel better now?
Old 13-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #50
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
Feel better now?
He probably doesnt smart**** and either do I

Just post what you were going to say please? You obviously havnt got a conscience or embarrassed by your actions so go ahead.
Old 13-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #51
chrisfpv

I gave my opinion on the topic at hand.

I don't go and park in disabled spots in an empty car park you moron, but if i'm only going to be less than 2mins in a full carpark than i'm going to park in that spot, as are craploads of other people. Get over it and stop acting like the world owes you something.
Old 13-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #52
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
Feel better now?
I'd feel a lot better if someone gave you what you deserved. But with a smartaarrrsssee like yourself it will only be a matter of time.
Old 13-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #53
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The same lack of respect shown to disabled people is spilling over to other forum members, it's not tolerated here either.
Closed Thread