Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #61
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT_5L
I think the Police do an amazing job. If you asked me this back when i was 18 i'd have prob said that they were a bunch of *^#*$^* but after growing up i've realised just what they do. I know its a pain in the *** getting done for speeding but in all honesty the government implies speed restrictions to keep the community safe and us safe on the road, all the Police do is enforce it. I suppose when you have seen as much carnage, dead bodies etc they have you would understand why its for our own safety to do the speed limit.
I also heard an interesting statistic not sure if its true or not but apparently traffic policing is only 20% of their jobs, the rest is dealing with the scum that we have no idea about unless it has directly effected us. And to think they put their lives in harms way for the same money a plumber would make for changing a leaking tap. Well done guys!

See I gained respect for the cops at 18. I overtook an unmarked car (it was a nissan patrol ute) anyway it was an 80 zone, they caught up with headlights flashing and indicator on, as their dash was too high for me to see the light, Thinking they were someone with road rage I floored it reaching at least 130kph, they caught up again, I stuck my finger up and took off again, anyway at the T Junction they caught up to me (I would slow down after getting a gap), I pulled over got out to abuse them and saw the light on the dash. These guys were cops from Jandakot's airwing, so he asked me what I was doing, I replied being stupid, I was also on my P's. He told me a few things that could be defected on my car (XE wagon) then gave me a talking to. It ended with a written warning and a comment "I was the same at your age let this be a lesson" from then on I have respected them, even if I thought I was being picked on. The other thing to remember is show some respect and they will return it (most of the time).

Last edited by Puffin Fresh; 08-01-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #62
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems another thread is praising police and hoping for quick justice regarding a stolen mustang at gunpoint in Perth....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin
Quote:
Police to storm a factory unit over stolen car

Updated 51 minutes ago

PreviousNextSlideshow: Photo 1 of 2
There is a heavy police presence outside the factory unit

Police have blocked off the street in Bayswater where the car has been tracked to a factory unit (Kathryn Diss)

* Map: Bayswater 6053

Police have deployed a heavily armoured vehicle to storm a factory unit in the Perth suburb of Bayswater.

Police believe a group of armed men who stole a classic car last night, are inside.

Six men, armed with a gun and wearing balaclavas, invaded a house in Perth's southeastern suburb of Wattle Grove.

The men threatened the home owner with a gun and demanded he hand over the keys to his 1965 Mustang coupe.

The vehicle is fitted with a GPS and officers were able to track the car to a factory unit in White Street in Bayswater.

There is a heavy polie presence outside the unit and officers have blocked off both ends of the street.

A heavily armoured vehicle, called a Bearcat, has been deployed and officers from the Tactical Response unit are now searching a property across the street.
All this heavy armour to catch some guys who stole an old mustang??
Perhaps cars thieves may learn a lesson now?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #63
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Because any job in the world, despite being paid for it, like to receive a little thanks once in a while.

Otherwise, why thank a tuner for a good job on here, they were just doing the job they were paid for?

We had a case recently that we were attending where it was a female that had had a "fall" and received a laceration. In the case details it stated that all occupants in the house sounded intoxicated and there many loud voices. Knowing the area well I became suspicious and felt it may be an assault. I requested our coms centre call the police to attend and ensure the scene was safe. This request was denied as they felt the scene was safe and I was instructed to proceed with caution.

When we arrived it was on a small cul de sac with the house about half way down. As I pulled up I could hear a lot of abuse being thrown around and the scene did not appear safe with people that appeared bot drunk and aggressive on the front porch and lawn of the house. As I tried to turn around to leave and call for the police, a person jumped in front of our ambulance and was bashing on the bonnet, preventing me from leaving. I immediately called LR over the radio, which is the distress call we use that alert the coms centre we are in imminent danger and we require urgent police assistance. At the same time another person managed to open the side door of the ambulance and entered the vehicle (I had hit the door locks but the crappy merc system sometimes leaves doors unlocked, he picked the right one). We now had a aggravated and abusive person standing in from of our vehicle and one inside it, not a good situation at all. On top of all this there were others on the front lawn of the house moving towards us whilst yelling abuse at those near our vehicle.

In what seemed like under a minute (more like about 2-3 minutes) the first police units arrived which consisted of a GD sedan and a dog unit. Luckily in this time I was able to talk the person down a bit and although still aggravated he had not assaulted us at all and I had managed to move the vehicle down the road out of the sight of those at the house. The end result was we successfully removed the injured person from the scene and administered aid to her without being injured ourselves in the process. The police response was fast, with 2 units on scene in a few minutes and 3 more within 5 minutes after that. I have no doubt that without the police presence we would have ended up in a very sticky situation and would not have been able to do our job safely. I love my job and get a buzz out of helping people but I always like to go home in good health at the end of each shift.

So from me, a big thanks to the boys and girls in blue that helped us out in that situation and all the other times they help us get our job done. To be honest, if it was not for the knowledge that they are there when I need them, I would not do this job. We have too many times when we get sent into volatile and potentially dangerous situations and I would not be comfortable doing that without the level of service available that our police provide.
I would never of believed that some one would attack a ambo but i seen it happened once outside a night club. some moron kicked the ambo in the face and then ran back into the crowd, then he came back out a bit later with the same trick. no one did anything to stop the moron and i had to chase him down the road but i could not catch him . but if i were a judge i would have him kicked out of QLD.

My brother was just telling me about an new ambo who said the wrong word to a certain type of australian 'he called him chief' so the idiot attacked him and my brother had to save him. and this pr-ck carried on for about 2 HR swearing and spiting about it.

The cops have to put up with a lot of idiots from the off with the pixies gov & low life trash.

If a cop tells you to do something you have to do it, but some clowns think they can do anything they like and start with their nonsense. then the idiot ends up getting hurt. fools!!
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #64
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose

All this heavy armour to catch some guys who stole an old mustang??
No quite..... article clearly states the car was stolen was a result of a violent home invasion with offenders armed with a firearm.

Exactly what the TRG are trained to handle and the only appropriate way to respond.
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #65
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

I certainly put my foot in it this time didn't I, ah well, it's bound to happen from time time.

Post 62 was a joke due to all the love, obviously wasn't taken to well.

Am happy for a mod to delete it.
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #66
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan

If a cop tells you to do something you have to do it, but some clowns think they can do anything they like and start with their nonsense. then the idiot ends up getting hurt. fools!!
I had been to my local (known as Fight Club for its violent reputation) for a few drinks one night when I had an interesting moment with the Fuzz.

After I had called for a taxi I stepped out into the car park where a brew-ha-ha was going on. Typical late Friday night disturbance in an outer suburban pub, one group of imbeciles led by an tough drunk hero explaining the social nuances of nightclub dancing to another.

"Take your flaming hands off my missus KFC disposal unit"

So as I light my cigarette, I have to watch a group of about 8 of the finest the local has to offer push each other and threaten everyone within earshot of violence. Knowing that bogan's vision is based on movement I smoke in utter stillness and become invisible to the throng of fearless warriors who bustle around me. Two Police officers approach and gallantly attempt to separate the two mobs and are more than reasonable with morons that I would have thought should have been arrested prior to conception.

I noticed just the mildest of flutters, in the dark I struggled to see exactly what it was, if anything it was a lame open handed slap of one of the officers.

The two officers simply ceased engaging in the melee and walked nonchalantly passed me while one spoke just 2 words into the radio. From there I thought I was in a charge of the light brigade remake as no less than 6 cars fully loaded with human Kelvinators came screaming into the carpark and came at me with handcuffs drawn. By the time I realised what was going on the perpetrators where being expertly stuffed into the paddy wagons.

I looked stunned at my smoke which was still burning and a car park devoid of the low lives who had been determined to beat each other senseless.

What made it all the more comical is the first two officers were simply breaking it up and had anyone of the 8 Rumbo warriors walked away they would of saved themselves a cold Bacon and egg muffin breakfast.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #67
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha awesome story, well told.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #68
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Our new premier says 6,000 new recruits over the next few years. Guess a lot of blokes who break the law like Snappy will be shirty. What was the reason they initially pulled you over for mate? My guess is it wasnt just the trailer issues. Give the coppers a break, we need more of them and the sooner they get out there and pull all these bozo's in to line the better. will make our world all that little bit better, just like the good old days.
Hi John, I have a few mates in the "job" who tell me that the recruiting figures aren't keeping up with the amount of people leaving the job, whether it be from retirement or dissatisfaction.

I would love to see the real figures or the Vic Police.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #69
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
I had been to my local (known as Fight Club for its violent reputation) for a few drinks one night when I had an interesting moment with the Fuzz.

After I had called for a taxi I stepped out into the car park where a brew-ha-ha was going on. Typical late Friday night disturbance in an outer suburban pub, one group of imbeciles led by an tough drunk hero explaining the social nuances of nightclub dancing to another.

"Take your flaming hands off my missus KFC disposal unit"

So as I light my cigarette, I have to watch a group of about 8 of the finest the local has to offer push each other and threaten everyone within earshot of violence. Knowing that bogan's vision is based on movement I smoke in utter stillness and become invisible to the throng of fearless warriors who bustle around me. Two Police officers approach and gallantly attempt to separate the two mobs and are more than reasonable with morons that I would have thought should have been arrested prior to conception.

I noticed just the mildest of flutters, in the dark I struggled to see exactly what it was, if anything it was a lame open handed slap of one of the officers.

The two officers simply ceased engaging in the melee and walked nonchalantly passed me while one spoke just 2 words into the radio. From there I thought I was in a charge of the light brigade remake as no less than 6 cars fully loaded with human Kelvinators came screaming into the carpark and came at me with handcuffs drawn. By the time I realised what was going on the perpetrators where being expertly stuffed into the paddy wagons.

I looked stunned at my smoke which was still burning and a car park devoid of the low lives who had been determined to beat each other senseless.

What made it all the more comical is the first two officers were simply breaking it up and had anyone of the 8 Rumbo warriors walked away they would of saved themselves a cold Bacon and egg muffin breakfast.
Nice post. Your metaphors made me laugh.

Quote: