Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Albany Creek Car Egging

Driving along minding my own business tonight (about 11pm) then *THUD*, rear windscreen is covered in egg.

I'd just washed her too which made me and annoyed at the same time.

I tried ringing the local cop shop, which directed me to Petrie, which directed me to the Brisbane switch, which told me to hang up if it was only a small incident... peh....

Anyone else get hit by these twirps?

My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 01:52 AM   #2
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_au
Driving along minding my own business tonight (about 11pm) then *THUD*, rear windscreen is covered in egg.

I'd just washed her too which made me and annoyed at the same time.

I tried ringing the local cop shop, which directed me to Petrie, which directed me to the Brisbane switch, which told me to hang up if it was only a small incident... peh....

Anyone else get hit by these twirps?
No .. But wouldn't you like to get them lined up in front of a brick wall with a dozen eggs, preferably old smelly ones, to give it right back to them.

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or show them what the wrong end of a hiding is like .
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:48 AM   #4
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I looked at my maglight sitting in the car, then shook my head and thought better of it. You never know what you could be walking into, and it wasn't like they would have admitted they just egged your pride and joy.

I just kept driving, found the nearest car wash and got the gunk off asap. I do like the wall of eggs idea
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:59 AM   #5
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Giving them a paddling probably isn't the brightest idea, no matter how much of a canoe these clowns are.

You did right, pity the police couldn't at least send a patrol out to suss the scum though, the next car could cop a rock instead of an egg, through the windscreen instead of a rear window....
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
FDCXR6
Lurker

Those kids around Albany Creek are scum, i went to school there for a few years...they were scum then and still are by the sounds of it.

2003 Ford BA XR6 N/A Citric Acid - Completely Stock

Previous Cars

1998 Volkswagen Passat 1.8lt Turbo Black
2003 Ford BA Fairmont Ghia Ice Mint Green
1990 Holden VN Commodore (have since seen the light)
FDCXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #7
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

You're lucky the egg only hit the outside of your car
We used to get cabs egged, and the worst ones were when they got hit through the open windows.....
eugh!
Old 03-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
iliov
Banned

Cool

One time I was driving through Ringwood in melbourne. I had a full car load and a friend of mine had the rear window down about half way. All of a sudden we heard a loud bang. Some kids thew an egg at my car. I was only doing about 40 so I slammed on the brakes and did a u turn. The egg had hit the bottom rear part of the window so lucky it didn't go in.

Anyway I saw a side street and had a feeling it came from there. I put my high beams on and speed down the tight side street. After about 100m I could make out a person running in the distance.

I continued on almost reaching him before he darted down an alley. I drove into the alley which to my surprise was a dead end. Trapping the boy. He was about 16 years old and kept saying it wasn't me I swear it wasn't me it was my friends. He took me to his friends and they all came out of the bushes and shook my hand saying sorry. If this happened to my new car I probably would have thrown the kid in my car and driven to the local police station but I really didn't care about my old EF at all.
iliov is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #9
blueluvr

It's not limited to Melbourne of course.

I got tagged after going to see the top fuelers at WSID last xmas.

After driving down there, scratching the hell out of my front bumper trying to park somewhere I shouldn't have, it got rained out so we had to leave early and heading through Blacktown going past a scum collection ( public housing unit complex) in heavy rain, all of a sudden WHACK! and the windscreen was covered in yellow crap.
Once I figured out what had happened, I stopped and turned around and went back to have a "chat" but the little angels were too weak to come out of their deadbeat dwelling of course, and there was no way I was walking into that hellhole collection of oxygen thieves, I have too much to live for....or should I say I have something to live for, unlike those dirtballs.

Problem was it hit the bonnet first and took some paint off in a circular ring, THAT ****ed me right off.

But that's not the end of the story of my trip to the drags. It has nothing to do with being egged, but about 10 minutes from home I came face to face with a big 4*4 on the wrong side of the road in the middle of a right hand bend. Looks like he turned onto my side of the road a few k's back without knowing what he actually did, which is why he was simply cruising in my right lane, it was his "left" lane....or so he thought. It is a dual lane 90 km/hr road with a wire fence down the center, it was about 10PM and ****ing down.

The only thing that saved our *** that night is my habbit of keeping left, I had no time to react and if I was cruising in the right lane it would have been REAL big. Even though he wasn't actually in my lane I still laid an egg when I worked out he was on my side, I only moved half a lane over by the time we crossed.

I do remember thinking that something was weird as I started to go around the bend. It wasn't until after we passed I worked it out what was. As he was on our side of the road there wasn't the usual shadows and flickers from the wire. I use that road a lot and you get used to seeing things a certain way. I learned that night to never second guess your instincts, and ALWAYS stay in the left lane unless you need to be in the right one. I still get a chill going around that bend, and have not once been in the right lane around that same corner.

Oh, and on the freeway heading back down the next day to watch the rerun I copped a rock into my left fog light The upside is there was my 3 done and dusted. The bumper, the egg bonnet and the fog light. Haven't put a single scratch on it since!
blueluvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueluvr
and there was no way I was walking into that hellhole collection of oxygen thieves, I have too much to live for....or sh
Crackhouse cleanup.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #11
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliov
One time I was driving through Ringwood in melbourne. I had a full car load and a friend of mine had the rear window down about half way. All of a sudden we heard a loud bang. Some kids thew an egg at my car. I was only doing about 40 so I slammed on the brakes and did a u turn. The egg had hit the bottom rear part of the window so lucky it didn't go in.

Anyway I saw a side street and had a feeling it came from there. I put my high beams on and speed down the tight side street. After about 100m I could make out a person running in the distance.

I continued on almost reaching him before he darted down an alley. I drove into the alley which to my surprise was a dead end. Trapping the boy. He was about 16 years old and kept saying it wasn't me I swear it wasn't me it was my friends. He took me to his friends and they all came out of the bushes and shook my hand saying sorry. If this happened to my new car I probably would have thrown the kid in my car and driven to the local police station but I really didn't care about my old EF at all.
I'll bet he was sh*tting bricks when you trapped him in the alley with full beam on the little ****. Good on you for not punching his lights out though. He probably never ever did it again.

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post