Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Default Doing my bit for the average motorist

This morning about 8am I was heading up to Five Dock in Sydney to have the windows tinted on the recent daily driver I'd bought at the auctions. It's an FG cab chassis ute running on the dreaded (but cheap as) EGAS.
Anyway, traffic was crawling along and had been for the last 3klm roughly; you know, stop start, stop start. So, I was waiting patiently when all of a sudden BOOM. I'm thinking, "what in the ****" and realised I'd been rear ended.
Pulled over, got out and checked the damage.
Me, a mark on the towbar.
The other guy in a corolla; bumper bar, radiator, lights popped and broke their mounts, and a little damage to his bonnet.
He gave me his details, I took photos, he admitted fault and then I drove about 300 metres to my destination. I warned him about driving without coolant but he must have persisted with it to avoid police being called as he needed a tow.
Whilst waiting for my tints, I saw this guys car out the front of where I was and it had basically seized. Myself and a couple others helped push it off the road and further blocking traffic.

So, I'm doing my bit of ridding the world of automotive boredom, one corolla or camry at a time. I might even fortify it at my fathers metal factory incase of another idiot texting while driving.

BTW, I later went by my panel beater and had them check the chassis for damage, happy to report none.
I love cheap as chips daily cars, for if this was the G6E-T I'd be devastated.

Anyone else have a "built ford tough" moment?

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=30647

Here's mine. Funny enough a rolla as well.
Old 26-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
So, I'm doing my bit of ridding the world of automotive boredom, one corolla or camry at a time.

haha, on ya ltd.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
Dezza
Parts bin special

The EA was rear ended in 2003. It got hit by a 2WD Hilux (which was fairly new at the time). I felt the thump but decided I'd wait for the light to turn green to pull into the service lane. As I moved through the intersection, I looked in the mirror and saw this Hilux was stuffed. Bonnet crumpled, bumper wrecked, radiator was split, driver's guard was pushed up tight against the door. So for the EA, I expected the worst. It was quite a relief to find it only had the left corner of the rear bar pushed down slightly and a small dint under the taillight. All up the repair costs were $8000 for the Hilux, $900 for the EA.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Rear ended a little buzz box can't remember what it was now ,had best part of a tonne of track plates in the back of the old Xe ute when it decided to pull up on a dime at a set of lights ,well I just plowed it squashed it up to its back window , got out to check the ute and it had a dint on the number plate and one broken clip . Swapped o numbers but never heard from them ,that was 17 years ago so I guess they are not calling but gee I was impressed
Old 26-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

good work mate i had a corrola moment like that once too waiting to turn left at a left turn with care sign i felt a massive thud this lady had crumpled in her entire front to the wheels my VT had some paint missing from the bumper but looked ok cause it had popped out again there was some damage behind the bar but i was able to drive off while her car was probably totalled.

I asked her why she suddenly floored it afterwards and she said she thought the light went green i looked at the intersection and looked at her and said but thee is no lights there!! she said oh....lol

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 03:48 AM   #7
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the EF I had a low speed head on with a Hyundai. It had to be towed, we drove away without even a light broken.
Took it to the panel beaters, and he asked if I had hit a Roo. Laughed when I replied “no, a Hyundai.”
Then he says “I love Hyundais, they keep me in business, but my wife and kids ride in a Ford.”

Years before, there was “The Old Brown Cow,” my XF wagon. We were stationary, waiting to turn right, when a ****wit in a Nissan Silvia came over the hill on the wrong side of the road and ploughed into us. We were pushed backwards a few feet. Silvia actually bounced off, completely smashed. The XF was a write-off, but we opened the doors and walked away. Three kids in the back seat barely even noticed.
The ricers had to be CUT out of their POS. Riceboy #3 was semi-fortunate in that he was sitting in the middle at the back, otherwise he would have been crushed as the front seats ended up in the back. Unfortunately he had to be rushed into emergency surgery as the impact ruptured his spleen.
I hit my leg on the stupid umbrella handbrake, and needed it swabbed with betadene.
After that the missus not only insisted that I replace my car with another Falcon, but demanded I replace her car with one also.
Old 27-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I'm just really glad that after a panel shop inspection, there's nothing wrong with it as the towbar stopped the lot. I would have thought the chassis would have been bent (as that's what the towbar is attached to), but no. I may just get little toyota badges with a red cross through them just like the WW2 bombers, and stick them to the towbar.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
V8 Man
Excessive Fuel User

Got clipped on the rear corner of the tray on my old F100 a few years back. I was stopped in the turn lane, waiting for a green arrow, woman in her Hyundai thought the gap beside me was larger than her Korean cr@pbox (obviously it wasn't).
Damage, to me, a small amount of purple paint on the corner of my tray, to her smashed headlight, bent bonnet, torn LH guard, smashed mirror, crumpled LHF door, buckled roof, bent A and B pillars (definately a write off)
Doing my bit, keeping Australia beautiful, one Hyundai at a time.
'10 CX9 Luxury (Family Truckster)
PBF 289 (POWERED BY FORD)Vic Number Plates for sale
V8 Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #10
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Man
Got clipped on the rear corner of the tray on my old F100 a few years back. I was stopped in the turn lane, waiting for a green arrow, woman in her Hyundai thought the gap beside me was larger than her Korean cr@pbox (obviously it wasn't).
Damage, to me, a small amount of purple paint on the corner of my tray, to her smashed headlight, bent bonnet, torn LH guard, smashed mirror, crumpled LHF door, buckled roof, bent A and B pillars (definately a write off)
Doing my bit, keeping Australia beautiful, one Hyundai at a time.

Love it.
I think we should have a society like Russell Ingalls' BALLSACK (Bloody ingALLs' Society Against Cruelty to Kars) or whatever it is.

Ours can by "DOBFAM" or "Doing Our Bit For Australia Motorists". Free membership to anyone who through no fault of their own came off best against an import. Double points for anyone who has killed a whitegood on wheels.

Quote: