Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Unhappy An Open hearted apology - To Admin and the Moderating team...

I wasn't sure whether to air the reason behind my recent banning or not .. But regardless of all the questions via PM something needs to be said .

I,m Sorry ...

Steps have been put in place for the unfortunate incident to never happen again and as a precaution ALL my websites/forums have new passwords/log-in details.

Some may choose not to believe that i wasn't responsible for the Filth that was displayed on Facebook about the moderators on here.. that i will live with .
Myself i will keep offering the assistance that i have in the past and the support to the individuals that need it who make up this great site and community that is AFF.

The direction i believe this incident took was because of the priveledges i gave a lot of people on my FB page, combined with the fact i was having a sook that someone closed a thread of mine, it didnt take much for someone to post after i went to bed and then cut/paste the response to AFF mods before i even realised..

A combination of me wearing my heart on my sleeve and also sending a PM to KRISTO explaining what i thought of the mod who closed my thread has made it more clear as to what may have happened .

I cannot proportion blame upon anyone but myself for allowing the situation to escalate.

Future occurences will NOT happen again as i am finally in control of a battle i have had for a number of years .. and if i get offended on here by anyone because of my lack of understanding i will simply turn off my computer and walk away.
Likewise i dont have a vendetta against anybody , i never have and i hope i am man enough to never act like that !

I have probably put this in the wrong section , but there ya go i am far from infallible..

Yours Faithfully Darren .xxx..

Last edited by Road Games; 18-10-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 18-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Life goes on...
Old 18-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
WMD351
Size it up

Thumbs up

I've always thought that you don't judge a man by the mistakes he's made, you judge him by how he handles those mistakes.
Old 18-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #4
EgoFalcon
The Villan

All good mate. Next time I will have to spank you. Hehe jokes.

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
Old 18-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

I got your pm Dazz.. by the time I read it I saw you had been banned and figured that that was it..

Was definitely a good idea venting (in the right place) mate...lol

I understood your frustration and could see that you were genuinely upset, yet also thinking about the forums in a different way..

I guess these things happen mate and all I can say is, don't let it bug you..
We're all here, well most of us are, for the same reason and if you think of the bigger picture, ie. the things you learn, contribute, laugh about, the people you meet and the friends you make on here, the little (and often not so little) problems that arise when you have so many different sorts in the one place pale into insignificance...

Good to see you back..!

Kris

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This user likes this post:
Old 18-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Absolutely spot on Kris , thank you for your response ..Daz..x..
Old 18-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #7
05_ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351
I've always thought that you don't judge a man by the mistakes he's made, you judge him by how he handles those mistakes.

Very wise indeed and a very positive outcome Darren.

Well done
Old 19-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #8
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Saw that you'd been thrown in the sin bin, not quite sure what went on however it's good to see a familiar face, welcome back mate
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 19-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #9
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
Life goes on...
My thoughts....Seriously...Facebook!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 19-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #10
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ps. Saw you poked me on FB Daz, but I didn't have an "add as friend" button so just poked you back ..
Old 19-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #11
gtfpv
GT

just stay away from face book . i've been known to get on the juice , and really embarrass myself by posting songs etc . on that site . it really is a girly site , just look at the quality of the posts . " i made a ham and sald sandwich for lunch today " yummy! and then about 20 replies of what others had for lunch . seriously that crap turns us into to soppy BITC#>>ES. we must bring on an 11th commandmant , "THOU SHOULD NOT TRY TO PLEASE FEMALE FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK " secondly people who take up knitting should stay away from AFF , be carefull on facebook , the next step is knitting jumpers and asking for colour choices .

HEY DAZZLER this post isnt directed at you . just my thoughts on face book .
Old 19-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #12
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I think it’s sad personally...That Facebook should even be a reason for a banning on here? (wether or not the banned party was responsible personally)

I can understand if on Facebook some numpty was saying things about a co-worker...

But c’mon...I bet 90% of you blokes would be the first to jump into a thread agreeing that society today is soft and everything’s censored and sugar coated for the majority. But old mate can’t even have a vent on his FB account because someone with no life who happens to be on the same (non-affiliated) forum takes offense and has a cry over it.

This is a car forum for heavens sake, not a minute by minute account of days of our lives.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 19-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #13
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
...the next step is knitting jumpers and asking for colour choices .
We need a knitting forum. We could all knit our own seatcovers.
Old 19-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #14
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Love the xxx's....
When I see someones been sinbinned on here, I look at the guys post count and how long he's (or she's) been a member, sometimes thinking ho-hum.. another newbie blow-in mouthing off.
In your case... a long termer, and great contributor, surely a brain-fades allowed?.. I know.. I've done it too!
Anyhow.. welcome back, be good, and enjoy Dazz
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 19-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #15
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
I think it’s sad personally...That Facebook should even be a reason for a banning on here? (wether or not the banned party was responsible personally)

I can understand if on Facebook some numpty was saying things about a co-worker...

But c’mon...I bet 90% of you blokes would be the first to jump into a thread agreeing that society today is soft and everything’s censored and sugar coated for the majority. But old mate can’t even have a vent on his FB account because someone with no life who happens to be on the same (non-affiliated) forum takes offense and has a cry over it.

This is a car forum for heavens sake, not a minute by minute account of days of our lives.
it is the internet, everything that you mentioned happened or would of happened in a world that doesn't effect my day to day interaction with real people.

Dazz nailed..... Turn off your computer and walk away...

Between SMS, internet forums, bookface and emails it is no wonder people have lost the ability to read a 'real' life situation and interact and problem solve.

Old 19-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #16
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Thanks Dazz.

It was an unfortunate set of circumstances but we weighed up the possible actions and determined that each individual has to take responsibility for actions made in their name and thus the ban was put in place.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 19-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #17
Road Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
just stay away from face book . i've been known to get on the juice , and really embarrass myself by posting songs etc . on that site . it really is a girly site , just look at the quality of the posts . " i made a ham and sald sandwich for lunch today " yummy! and then about 20 replies of what others had for lunch . seriously that crap turns us into to soppy BITC#>>ES. we must bring on an 11th commandmant , "THOU SHOULD NOT TRY TO PLEASE FEMALE FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK " secondly people who take up knitting should stay away from AFF , be carefull on facebook , the next step is knitting jumpers and asking for colour choices .

HEY DAZZLER this post isnt directed at you . just my thoughts on face book .
No champ you are SPOT on , but im trying to grow my business on there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661

Actually mate and thanks for sticking up for me the post was quite vile !!
I have saved the PM Spooly sent me i will PM it to ya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
We need a knitting forum. We could all knit our own seatcovers.
I may make that my next "how too" ... cheers guys ..Daz..x..

Last edited by Road Games; 19-10-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 19-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #18
Road Games

Thumbs up

Thanks Russ this place means a LOT to me ..x..

Daz...

Last edited by Road Games; 19-10-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 19-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #19
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate it's just a forum. There is plenty others out there. But seeing you started a new thread about it obviously this issue meant a lot to you. It's time to forget about it and move on I say.
Old 19-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #20
Road Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned
Mate it's just a forum. There is plenty others out there. But seeing you started a new thread about it obviously this issue meant a lot to you. It's time to forget about it and move on I say.
Yes mate it did mean a lot to me , may i call you mate ?

I didnt type what was written yet i faced the consequences.. about time this was locked anyway !

Last edited by Road Games; 19-10-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 20-10-2010, 01:17 AM   #21
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Nice dude. Well done and said.

Half the problem in forums can be there is no emotion in words typed on a screen and interpretation can often be wrong.
I think we are all guilty of typing before thinking at times or as GTFPV said "Juice filled" posts. yep me to.
Old 20-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #22
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Glad to see you back mate. I have no idea of what went on, but Good to see its sorted out mate.
Old 20-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #23
Road Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTpilot
Nice dude. Well done and said.

Half the problem in forums can be there is no emotion in words typed on a screen and interpretation can often be wrong.
I think we are all guilty of typing before thinking at times or as GTFPV said "Juice filled" posts. yep me to.
I had a real issue with yourself early on because i couldnt get the vibe from your posts ?
Childish i know but i think i tried to get 20+ people on my ignore function and it become tiresome trying to read any threads

I have a good memory and i will try damn hard not to bait anyone into an argument anymore.. i say my bit ( if justified) and thats it ...I wish i had more responsibilities and spent less time on the bloody computer , but now im looking at Photoshop !!
Old 20-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #24
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
...I wish i had more responsibilities and spent less time on the bloody computer , but now im looking at Photoshop !!
You wanna spend LESS time on the puta, & you are now looking at photoshop???
That's like Fighting for Peace, or ********** for Virginity!!
Good luck with the photoshop stuff - will keep an eye out, as I'm always interested in seeing new talent develop with ps. Is often the newblood that teaches me easier ways of doing things that I've been wasting hours trying to do for years.
The Admin / Mod team prefer to keep the exact reasons for any disciplinary actions between the direct parties involved only (no real benefit in concerning the general masses over incidents that really don't concern them directly anyways) That being said, it is a sad fact of life that even when we are 'blowing off steam', or kicking back, wanting to take things easy, we are still held accountable for things we believe we are not directly responsible for. For mine the above incident is in the past.
Where things head from here is anyones guess.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread