Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #121
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
If Ford was serious about this end of the market they wouldnt have sold Volvo, Jaguar and LandRover/Range Rover. At best I see Lincoln being a Acura fighter with a range of SUV and passenger vehicles based on existing Ford platforms with top of range being based on AWD Taurus.
Wrong, Ford (Mulally) is serious about this.

Link

Quote:
Ford's Mulally Out to Make Lincoln World Class Brand

When Ford CEO Alan Mulally joined me on "Squawk Box" Friday for an extended conversation about where the Blue Oval is today and where it's headed, he didn't shy away from proclaiming the Lincoln brand must provide a true world class experience for buyers.Mulally's said this before and he'll say again. But it was clear from talking with him that he not only knows just what Lincoln has to do but the reason why thinks it will eventually get there.

First, Mulally is aware Lincoln is trailing its competition. It's the #7 luxury brand in terms of sales this year.

When I told him that I've talked many in the industry who scoff at the idea of Lincoln becoming every bit as competitive as Lexus and BMW, Mulally gave me his trademark smile that masks what he's truly thinking: Just you wait and see what we're going to build with Lincoln. Using technology and continued refinement in styling and interiors, Mulally expects Lincoln to continue improving.

Mulally told me, "Lincoln has a great brand. It has never been damaged to a place where it cant come back. So again, one more time, when you start seeing these Lincolns come out we absolutely can make them a premium brand."

Just as important, Mulally knows Lincoln has to provide a world class ownership experience. That means Lincoln dealerships that are as refined and that pampers customers as much as Lexus or Cadillac dealerships.

In others words, they need to get with the times. There are many Lincoln dealers who have top notch dealerships. There are also many other that need to pick it up. In short, if Lincoln is gonna win over luxury buyers it will have to do more. A lot more.

Mulally says, ""we absolutely are going to provide a premium experience"

With the job Mulally has done turning around Ford and and the job global product chief Derek Kuzak has done breathing life into Lincoln, they've earned the right for us to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Lincoln can become a hit in the luxury market.
My way of thinking is this: If Mulally wants, Mulally gets.