Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Ford Motor Company named in Most Ethical Companies List

A slightly different recognition from the more normal ones.

Ford Motor Company was recently named one of the 2010 World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute. Ford was the only auto company to make the list in 2010. The photo album above takes you inside the Ford hydrogen-powered bus and the conference room that Alan Mulally, Ford President and CEO and William Clay Ford, Jr., Ford Executive Chairman accept the award and discussed corporate ethics with the Ethisphere team.

Winning an award like that is flattering, but we thought you might be curious about what makes an ethical company. To answer that and related questions that you may have on your mind, David Leitch, Group Vice President and General Counsel for Ford, will host a live chat at Ford.com on Monday, June 21, 2010, at 2:30 p.m. EST.

David leads the company’s litigation, tax, corporate, and intellectual property efforts. He is also responsible for the company’s General Auditor’s Office. Since David arrived at Ford, he and the Ford Office of General Counsel have won numerous awards, including being named as Corporate Counsel magazine’s Best Legal Department in 2007.

Immediately prior to joining Ford, David served in the White House as Deputy Counsel to President George W. Bush. In that capacity, he advised the President and his staff on a variety of legal issues, including issues involving national security, judicial nominations, legislative proposals and ethics. From June 2001 through December 2002, David served as Chief Counsel for the Federal Aviation Administration. He is also a past deputy assistant attorney general in the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Legal Counsel.

David is a member of the boards of the Detroit Institute of Arts and the National Chamber Litigation Center, and serves on general counsel advisory committees for the National Center for State Courts and the Civil Justice Reform Group. He also serves as Chair of the Supreme Court Fellows Commission, a position to which he was appointed by Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Great news and the accolades just seem to keep coming for ford whilst everyone else in the automotive world seems in damage control.
All comes down to the ford boss Alan Mulally as he is one of the most talented and hard working people on the planet. I keep saying this but he's the man behind the Boeing 777 which is to date the worlds most efficient and safest commercial airliner in the world. His style of management, leadership, ability to spot future trends, consultation with customers and general ability to remain calm is what turned Boeing around to being the world leader in aviation; methinks he wants ford to be world leader in its industry as well. Thank goodness ford got him and not GM.

Quote: