Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 03:12 AM   #61
BlueKoop
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
which side and how many? i know where there are 3 hardtop shells sitting for precisely this purpose, mostly floorpan/parcelshelf/boot opening rust
Nice comeback mate. I know where a couple are too, that was just a example of a hard part to get, that we risk, let alone the whole car.

1973 Vivid Blue Pearl XB Coupe

Engine Build up and progress thread

New Car

2008 FG F6 Ute
Old 03-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #62
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
which side and how many? i know where there are 3 hardtop shells sitting for precisely this purpose, mostly floorpan/parcelshelf/boot opening rust
well that helps out one person, what about the rest of us

you do realise that cars are built to fall apart in time, or to put it another way, they are not built to last forever. most show very real signs of wear and tear within 20 years. in 1987 we looked at over 30 coupes and all but one back then were in a sad state and would have ended up on the scrap heap within another 10 years

when considering their rarity and cost, the problem is not the elitists - it is the people that drive them on a daily basis and do not care for them. too many people treat them like crap in their first 20 years of life and they end up as scrap because of that. once they start getting rare, the old supply and demand thing happens. more people want them, than are available, driving the price up. not elitists - everyday people, maybe much like yourself. will your sprint be pristine in years to come or be ready for the scrap heap. whichever way, it is your car and your decision on how to use it, but it is the everyday drivers that are responsible for the prices going up and the rarity of cars. of course, cars are made to be driven, and until such time a car becomes a classic, it needs to be - otherwise why buy it in the first place

in short, a wasted thread - everyone can choose to do to their car what they wish. i do see your point about driving them and enjoying, but i wish to still drive mine on weekends in thirty years time. and on the days i do not drive it, i will just look at photos or even the car itself and get a funny sensation like when climbing the ropes in the pe class. driving it is great, looking at it is great - ownership is the ultimate
Old 03-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #63
xbcool
dazed&confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernadette86
There needs to be a daily driven trophy at show's. I agree some people do pamper and concorde clean they're car but thats their decision but thats where I think someone who daily drives their machine has a better car you can enjoy it more feel the passion, the love and sure excitement of a well looked after driven car. It all comes down to different strokes for different folks.

most shows do have elite and street classes.

it was recognised years ago that some elite cars were out of the reach of most people financially so a lot of shows have street classes.

surprised this thread is still going

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #64
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbcool

surprised this thread is still going

i was thinking the same : )at least it makes intresting reading

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 03-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #65
b2tf
not here much anymore