Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #31
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Got in R/C drifting not too long ago ... good fun.
Although I am running electric though .... I couldn't be stuffed mucking around with nitro engines and the like.

Still damn good fun though ... haven't been out in a while though.
i was into nitro cars for a while, and got into drifting, but with nitro cars its a pig of a thing to do, a good mate packed up his nitro stuff and picked up a couple of tamiya TT-01's, with a few mods these are drift machines. epic fun to drive, and a lot less hassles too. ************** nitro lol
Old 03-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #32
HLC
Audi S3

now for something a bit different!

aside from cars and music,

my pet hobby is IPSC Pistol shooting.

International Practical Shooting Confederation.

and it goes a little something like this:

im by no means the best, but i get out and have a go! it is seriously like the most fun you will have without taking your clothes off!
Old 20-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #33
itchy brother
Windsor Warlords

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
watch this space . i'm going to get back into flying aeroplanes , and might try talking my son into nitro gas cars .
used to fly radio controlled aeroplanes havent for years cant wait to get back into it .
any good clubs with lots of area in sydney or surrounds that anyone flies at . please let me know .
i'm not getting into p i s sy electrics so need one that allows for gas engines and plenty of sapce for crashes - reality of a hobby so away from highways .
WHAT HOBBIES DO YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE PARTICIPATE IN ?? PICS VIDS WELCOME . HERE .

i'm giving th go karts up . in fact i have one here for 12 months and ive never had it off the stand . so it's obviously not my thing .
If you go onto this site, you will find all the info on anything RC related that you would ever know!
If you cant find it, there are plenty of people who will know the answer!!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/
BTW i am a member of the SORMCC onroad racing club and we have a permanent race track at Whalan Reserve which can be used by anyone, anytime ( except race days unless you are racing)!
Race days are every 2nd and 4th sunday of the month!!
Old 20-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #34
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #35
james22
With da Warlords

I fly R/C Planes and Choppers. I even attached a video camera to my plane, so that I can record flights. Stunts - aerial views etc. Its bloody awesome footage

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #36
scoupedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
Ya want me to show ya.

Have you seen the batterys we can get lately. I could build an electric buggy that will hit 10,000rpm instantly with whats out now.

I hav a 27cc engine in my gasser Heli and the electric heli same size is a power torque monster

But ya still cant beat the sound and smell of fuel
Had a talk with the brother and he agrees with you -the electrics are faster now thats amazing as his does about 70kmph in around 3.5 seconds
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2010, 01:41 AM   #37
BradZ
I'm still alive

I've got a GV Dominator 4wd buggy haha good fun. Broken pullstart though.

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-5000k Headlight conversion
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub
-Pioneer Class D Digital 800W Amp

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Build Thread http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11344773
BradZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2010, 02:01 AM   #38
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

used to fly R/C gliders and planes, mainly gliders. had a few 'floaters' (trainers) and a competition speed run glider that would hit some crazy speeds. Haven't flown for about 12 years! but still have all the aircraft and controllers.

incidentally, i used to think that was an expensive hobby.. how silly that was.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-04-2010, 02:35 AM   #39
MexicanBatman
Banned

i have had so many r/c cars its not funny!

but yeah electric cars smash nitro

look at it like this i had a schumacher havoc (very fast 2wd truck) it had a lrp z spec 28 or what ever it was i forget now.... anyway modded a fair bit and was pretty fast, but a massive pita to keep running right

i now have a traxxas slash 4x4 brushless and on 8.4v its faster than the nitro (no mods straight out of the box) on 11.1 lipos is ******** spastic, if you could hold it it'd kill the g6e turbo over 100m easily, but you cant 4 wheels spinning wheelies it's just insane

then you can drop in a 1/8scale brushless motor and gear the hell out of it and go faster again, pointless really as its so fast now on a smooth road it lifts off at high speed... easily doing 65mph if you can get it to stay on the ground and not flip

i also have 2 r/c bikes one road and one offroad awesome fun slow as compared to the car but insane fun....

and then i have a kyosho 4wd nitro tourer floating around, slower than a well set up tt-01 LOL but the sound is killer as is the smoke...

i really want to get another drift car but ummm i should pay bills or something instead, i also have heaps of r/c tons plenty of indoor flyers helis etc... i suck at outdoor planes lol
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #40
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love my RC car.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...trx_jato33.htm

Its quick as , the wheel stands it does is amazing. the acceleration is incredible.

I take it to the park a fair bit and have a bit of fun trying to keep it straight while pedalling it.

As said by a few earlier, the electric is more responsive and torquey, but being a purist with the nitro, its just more satisfying hearing a motor idle and smoke coming out of it...

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #41
Kryton

I havent touched any of mine in probably 2 years.
Dont know why, one day i was into it, the next, i could care less about it.
I have an LST2, Traxxas S Max, Axial Crawler, Custom Rock Crawler (hand built with custom parts - over $2000 invested in that alone), a massive tool box and spares and a few odd chassis laying around from other old projects.
It all just sits there, waiting to the next time i gain interest in it again - no idea when or even if that will be.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #42
schultzie
Just Images

i too love nitro but it too hard to maintain, ive got a hyper 10, hyper 7, and a savage 25, also got a electric monster truck and that is what i use the most.... all my nitro gear needs rebuilding :(
Old 26-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #43
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Iv just bought a 4x4 Traxxas Slash as well, and I can sure vouch for how well they go.
Wickid bit of gear off road even with the 7 volt lipo. As said above, add the 11.1 volt an the thing just becomes insane. Luv rippin 4 wheel helies in it. Rips up the grass nice.

Iv done the Nytro route as well, but got rid of that stuff now. Great sound, but a pain unless you use em regularly. Electric is so much easier, just run what ya brung, no need to carry spare glow plugs, engine bits, starters etc..
No retuning, no carrying gas around etc, and so much less tempremental.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post