Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-04-2010, 08:03 PM   #91
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
According to the The Ford Story site

Australians want a Ford coupe
Americans want a RWD Ford Sedan

What possible resolution could we come to?

Ford NA will stuff it up like they always do.
Old 19-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #92
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
According to the The Ford Story site

Australians want a Ford coupe
Americans want a RWD Ford Sedan

What possible resolution could we come to?
Australians get a FWD Ford Sedan from America.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #93
ltd
Force Fed Fords

We make an offer to ford USA; for every 10 falcons we send over, send over 1 mustang.

Funnily enough, for every anti-ford comment there is a litany of spelling and grammatical errors; methinks some of these people may not actually ever have enough money to buy a new ford.

Some of the complaints here are downright stupid. Saying the interior needs to be better is dumb, the FG has the nicest interiors on the market. Complaints about the servicing are equally intellectually bereft; you opted to go to that dealer and have the option to go to another. Seems to be for every bad one, at least two people can recommend better ones in the area of the complainant. Others want to be able to draw in its sinuous lines and nurse a chubby whilst reaching for their wallets? Try telling that to the huge number of forum goers on here who bought an FG or BA new and its looks helped them decide. Only someone who’s never been in that situation would say something that lame. These aren’t Aston Martins or Ferraris, they are a family sedan. Perhaps one might take ones limp phallus to Toyota and drink in the lines of a Camry, or TRD (whoops….. They’ve pulled out of Australia).

Facts are, for 60 grand you can buy a car with the ride and comfort of a 150 grand euro sedan, whilst blowing it away on acceleration and performance. Ford do a great job considering the market they’re in; especially considering the ignorant nimrods and bogans they have to contend with.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #94
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
1/ no the car shouldn't make that noise, thats normal, their all like that, it's within spec
2/ we will replace the ball joint; excluding any damage and/of fatality's resuting from failure.
3/ real warranty would be good.
4/ what options have you got?? well uummmm!!
5/ when can i pick it up??????
6/ why has my new car got rust???

So you came out from under your bridge hey troll?
How's your SIDI - ECOTEC bucket of bolts going? Still casting blocks at Fishermans Bend are we BURNZ? :
OK, just for giggles, here we go:

Quote:
1/ no the car shouldn't make that noise, thats normal, their all like that, it's within spec.
Yes, all of the GEN3's are supposed to sound like Diesels and drink oil.

Quote:
2/ we will replace the ball joint; excluding any damage and/of fatality's resuting from failure.
Fatalitities? Since when have 3 shopping car incidents produced fatalities? I would have thought more were injured from random airbag deployments, or rupturing fuel tanks, or engine bay fires. What about the hearing loss to so many from that noisy pile of poo ecotec?

Quote:
3/ real warranty would be good.
Sort of like all the GEN3 owners who were told it was normal, and had to take action in the supreme court to get GMH to honour their warranties huh?

Quote:
4/ what options have you got?? well uummmm!!
Says the troll who overlooks air conditioning being an option on his beloved commodore. Reilly, you should try to do better, or is that Go Better?

Quote:
5/ when can i pick it up??????
What, you think that's a complaint? Unlike Holden, Ford don't have yards full of excess stock sitting around getting old, only to be sold at a pittance of their retail because they are really old stock. And you wonder why GMH is losing money?

Quote:
6/ why has my new car got rust???
Clutching at straws much? Considering one sits outside for several months and one goes right on to a truck for delivery, I wouldn't be laying the boot into ford over rust. Speaking of all things metallurgical; how many ingots was it you said Holden use to make the SIDI?

Face it burnz; one should always remove the log from ones eyes before criticising the splinter in others'.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 20-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #95
Chopped
as in chopped

I would like to see the Falcon turned into a cross between a Commodore, a Corolla and a Hilux. This will make it able to fight all three top sellers.

I have no idea what such a vehicle would like !!

In all seriousness, I don't think they need to do anything. (Maybe stick to cars that start with "F").
Fiesta = Winner
Focus = Winner
Falcon = Winner
Old 20-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #96
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LTD.
As someone who owns a Terri with rust in two different places, where it shouldn't be in a five year old car, ball joints that need replacing from what can only be considered premature and excessive wear and isn't happy with his choice of Ford dealer (no we all don't have multiple dealers to choose from). I think I am qualified to say you missed his point in your haste to bag him and all things Holden.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #97
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
LTD.
As someone who owns a Terri with rust in two different places, where it shouldn't be in a five year old car, ball joints that need replacing from what can only be considered premature and excessive wear and isn't happy with his choice of Ford dealer (no we all don't have multiple dealers to choose from). I think I am qualified to say you missed his point in your haste to bag him and all things Holden.
On the contrary.
This was supposed to be a subjective look at Ford asking customers what they want. Burnz and others saw it as an opportunity to lay the boot in with spurious accusations.
I merely highlighted the insidiousness of it all and how tit-for-tat arguments get nowhere.
As for your rust problem, it would be covered under warranty as they have a 5 or 10 year corrosion warranty.
As for your choice of dealer I'd travel to find another; perhaps even another dealership brand ie toyota, mazda etc. Ford still honour warranty at other licenced mechanics.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 20-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #98
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Some of the complaints here are downright stupid. Saying the interior needs to be better is dumb, the FG has the nicest interiors on the market.
I would change the cloth trim in the XR's. They went from a fantastic design in the B-series, to the what they have in the FG that is quite ordinary (I've had a fair few agree). I've also noticed the XR trim the dealers are buying are all black (no more blue & black, red & black, white & black) I think its because its a lot easier to sell. In terms of the dash the FG is great.
Old 20-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #99
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
We make an offer to ford USA; for every 10 falcons we send over, send over 1 mustang.

Funnily enough, for every anti-ford comment there is a litany of spelling and grammatical errors; methinks some of these people may not actually ever have enough money to buy a new ford.

Some of the complaints here are downright stupid. Saying the interior needs to be better is dumb, the FG has the nicest interiors on the market. Complaints about the servicing are equally intellectually bereft; you opted to go to that dealer and have the option to go to another. Seems to be for every bad one, at least two people can recommend better ones in the area of the complainant. Others want to be able to draw in its sinuous lines and nurse a chubby whilst reaching for their wallets? Try telling that to the huge number of forum goers on here who bought an FG or BA new and its looks helped them decide. Only someone who’s never been in that situation would say something that lame. These aren’t Aston Martins or Ferraris, they are a family sedan. Perhaps one might take ones limp phallus to Toyota and drink in the lines of a Camry, or TRD (whoops….. They’ve pulled out of Australia).

Facts are, for 60 grand you can buy a car with the ride and comfort of a 150 grand euro sedan, whilst blowing it away on acceleration and performance. Ford do a great job considering the market they’re in; especially considering the ignorant nimrods and bogans they have to contend with.
Good post. Seems like some so called Ford fans can't help but take constant digs at the company, when it makes the best large sedan in the market today, as has been proven by numerous road tests. Seems like best in class just isn't good enough, because it isn't perfect in the eyes of every person in the country. You can't please everybody, when are some of these clowns going to realise that.

People never stopped bitching about Fords quality, they have improved it massively and become best in class in terms of TGW's with the FG, but people still can't stop bitching about it. No wonder Ford can't outsell the Commodore when its so called supporters constantly slag off the brand to anyone who'll listen. Sheesh. :
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #100
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Good post. Seems like some so called Ford fans can't help but take constant digs at the company, when it makes the best large sedan in the market today, as has been proven by numerous road tests. Seems like best in class just isn't good enough, because it isn't perfect in the eyes of every person in the country. You can't please everybody, when are some of these clowns going to realise that.

People never stopped bitching about Fords quality, they have improved it massively and become best in class in terms of TGW's with the FG, but people still can't stop bitching about it. No wonder Ford can't outsell the Commodore when its so called supporters constantly slag off the brand to anyone who'll listen. Sheesh. :
Boss, my only dig at the FG is that while the XR and G Series look good,
Ford need to improve the XT's appearance to give buyers three completely
different aesthetically pleasing styles. Instead of sports (XR), Luxury (G) and
workman (XT), Ford needs to change the latter to something that appeals to
the private buyer as well as fleets - something with a green appeal.

Maybe "Econetic" or E-Series: I-4 Ecoboost, plus the LILPG I-6 and.... maybe Territory's V6 Diesel?
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #101
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

this is your chance on your view about the falcon being dumped !
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #102
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

E8 is staying until 2015, why on earth would we need to have a view...
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #103
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Boss, my only dig at the FG is that while the XR and G Series look good,
Ford need to improve the XT's appearance to give buyers three completely
different aesthetically pleasing styles. Instead of sports (XR), Luxury (G) and
workman (XT), Ford needs to change the latter to something that appeals to
the private buyer as well as fleets - something with a green appeal.

Maybe "Econetic" or E-Series: I-4 Ecoboost, plus the LILPG I-6 and.... maybe Territory's V6 Diesel?
But Ford don't want private buyers to buy XT's, they would rather them stump up some extra cash for the classier G6, which is happening. Having a big style difference between XT and G6 might just be Fords trick to lure buyers up the range.

Probably also why the last 2 SVP's have been the G6 Limited Editions, not XT based SR's or Classics etc.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #104
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
But Ford don't want private buyers to buy XT's, they would rather them stump up some extra cash for the classier G6, which is happening. Having a big style difference between XT and G6 might just be Fords trick to lure buyers up the range.

Probably also why the last 2 SVP's have been the G6 Limited Editions, not XT based SR's or Classics etc.
Exactly. It's not about the numbers of cars you sell, it's about making a profit.
Selling 400,000 cars at cost or at a loss is not better than selling 300,000 cars at a profit. That's why Holden have made a loss last year; especially given the heavy profits available on the imported daewoo's. Ostensibly, the Daewoo's have been sibsidising the commodores.

I'd rather Ford sell less cars and make a profit than a massive marketing, loss making machine that can only refine itself by using a bigger engine or losing power on existing engines. Who cares that they have better marketing than Ford, they made a 200 million dollar loss last year so each one of those commodores sold had a heavy advertising cost placed on it. Better yet, whilst everyone speculates on the future of Falcon and the masses gobble up the dross fed to them through the meeeeeejjjaaa (media); everyone seems ignorantly distracted from GMH heading over a financial cliff. Further, now the parent is US government owned, they aren't looking at bailing out GMH anymore. So really, it's up to our own government to subsidise them, but this is not popular and thusly comes at a high political cost, so there's not much future in that either. Oh dear, Paul Gover must be shaking in his "dealies".

Quote: