Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-05-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default why do i bother? :rant:

a while back, i had to remove the spoiler from my sprint due to its mounting bolts deforming the polyurethane of the spoiler, making it look pretty ordinary

on the 9th april i found myself in a position where i could afford to purchase an replacement

now, i was faced with the options:
1: find a original lip spoiler in good condition
2: purchase an aftermarket lip style spoiler from a recognised and established special vehicles workshop
3: buy a generic copy of #1 or #2 from a run of the mill bodykit supplier

now, #1 had the obvious problem that the original fault would eventually re-occur, so it came down to #2 or #3, wanting to do the right thing by the workshop that had been in business for at least the last 25 years, i referenced an email i'd recieved mid last november (less than 6 months before i ordered it) stating:

Quote:
Dear ****,

Yes mate $285.00 ready to be painted

- recognised workshop
and dialled..... after a brief chat i established that i was now up for $385, a $100 increase (yes, more than 25%) in 6 months, but with a car show looming just a month over the horizon, i swallowed my annoyance, gave my credit card number over the phone for the $405 (including postage), explained the importance of speedy delivery, got told it would be posted that day, and sat down to wait

fast forward a fortnight (to the 25th), it still hadnt turned up, so after phoning the local post office, i phoned the guy on the friday, he didnt know what was going on, took my phone number and promised to find out over the weekend.... moot point considering i needed it there and then to get it painted so i could fit it in time for the show
next monday (28th) i phoned him, and he said the spoiler had turned up in his brothers boot after he'd given it to his brother to post, and that he'd ensure it was posted that day

still hadnt recieved it by mid afternoon today, phoned him up, and pretty much the first thing he says is that its still there in melbourne...... turns out australia post gave it back to him after 3 days because its too long, and he didnt have my number so he could make alternate arrangements.....

he gave me the option of either organising my own freight, or paying an extra $68 to cover the freight charge he'd been quoted

now, i'm thoroughly fed up with it all by this point, i've tried to do the right thing by someone who did the development work (instead of just making a mould of the XR lip spoiler), and not only do i feel like i'm getting ripped off on the purchase price, but ive been messed around with delivery, and have been forced to present a car that looked worse than it shouldve for a car show, just because i tried to do the right thing

my solution? had a yarn with the panelbeater we deal with at work, he put me in touch with his guy, and all should be sorted out by the end of next week...... just disappointing that an established workshop cant get thier together

:

Old 08-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

sux to be stooged around, hope u have better luck with the other fella, which hopefully will happen
Old 08-05-2008, 11:54 PM   #3
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you tell them to keep it and refund your money?
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2008, 11:56 PM   #4
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

will first thing in the morning, by the time i'd spoken to my panelbeaters guy, it was too late to ring the other supplier
Old 22-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

just to continue the rant, its now majorly ******* me off how the few remaining people who sell even second hand SVO spoilers either sell them way before i even hear about it, or they demand pick up only.....

if one doesnt turn up soon, im gonna find one, attack the cars boot with a bloody chainsaw and shoot the owner if he complains

seriously, how hard can it be to get hold of one simple bloody item?

Last edited by Interceptor; 22-11-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

SVO spoiler? not an XR?(dunno bout spoilers :S) there's a BA XR spoiler on ebay for $200.

If its not what your after then good luck in your search
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
SVO spoiler? not an XR?(dunno bout spoilers :S) there's a BA XR spoiler on ebay for $200.

If its not what your after then good luck in your search
If you read the thread he is referring to an ED Sprint.

I have sold lip spoilers in the past and do pick up only as Aust post will not handle then as they are too long. You have to use a courier or freight company.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post