Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
Wally
XP Coupe

Default Interesting Overtaking Procedure

Going down the Gold Coast this morning, a bloke in a black ute was passing traffic, lane hopping between the outside lane and the safety lane. Was it anyone here? If it was ... you are are moron who deserves to lose your licence for years.

Old 29-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Lol.. What sorta black ute??

Nothing suprises me on that road... Im sick to death of it (travel it weekly).. Its clown city!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Old 29-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pretty standard fare to see that on the M1. Doing a ridiculous speed too were they?
Old 29-08-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
prydey
Rob

i don't necessarily agree with the govt's focus on speed and their 'speed kills' mentality but i can see how they would be so frustrated at the road safety messages not getting through.

one of the lackies at work lost his licence during the week. he is a perpetual drink driver apparently. had a party not far from home, decided to drive the short trip home and ran into another car. he didn't stop and continued on home. he was witnessed and his licence plate was given to police. they turned up a couple of hours later and he refused a breatho. instant loss of licence. also likely to face charges over the accident.

i can't believe people still carry on like this. all it does is maker it even harder for everyone else as the govt feels obliged to keep bringing in more and more 'big brother' rules and regulations so that they are seen by the general public as doing something.
Old 29-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Hmm problem is it doesnt matter how many rules you have, if you havent got the men on the ground to enforce them they are worthless..

Fixed speed cameras are a good example, i dont even know how these things pay for themselves especially in QLD where they are marked about 4 times before you get to them.... Like they are going to save lives, all they do is make everyone slow down to 80 when they go past them just incase they get pinged.. stupid!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Old 30-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
i can't believe people still carry on like this. all it does is maker it even harder for everyone else as the govt feels obliged to keep bringing in more and more 'big brother' rules and regulations so that they are seen by the general public as doing something.
What's the point of that when the people who keep committing serious offences get a slap on the wrist? IF they get caught and lose their licence - if they actually have one - they just keep driving anyway. To top it off, the worst ones usually drive drunk while unlicensed to begin with. What happens? Longer ban and fine - like it worked the first 3 times! This is where they need to start jailing people.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 30-08-2009, 02:27 AM   #7
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Another example of poor lane discipline (keep middle unless passing) on QLD's three lane M1 lengths.

Leads to events such as Wally's. No excuse but the in and out lane-hopping is soooo American.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 30-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Lol.. What sorta black ute??

Nothing suprises me on that road... Im sick to death of it (travel it weekly).. Its clown city!
Im not sure if this one the one... but i saw 2 utes, a blue hilux and a black F150 swerving in and out of traffic last sunday (22nd) both had the expensive personalised plates, the F150 ended up driving for up to 3km on the inside shoulder (maybe more i lost sight then!!!!) He was doing possibly up to 30kph more than the traffic in the slow lane..... i was soo tempted to call the cops... but the mrs wouldnt let me, saying someone else would have already, that was getting sprayed with stones......

It was almost like the two of them were 'racing' in their 'sports cars'!

and agree 100% they were clowns, and deserve nothing more than to lose their vehicles.
Old 30-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #9
hame
Banned

Wouldn't the real morons be the ones in the right hand lane that didn't keep left unless overtaking?
Old 30-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #10
Tom_Jane
Banned

woudlnt the real morons be the people defending the guy speeding in the black ute? Ok sorry. I admit that was a bit cutting.
Old 30-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #11
hame
Banned

Who said he was speeding?
Old 30-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #12
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Speeding is seen as exceeding the posted limit or going faster than the conditions allow, if the idiot was passing cars on the left in the emergency lane he was speeding and possibly driving carelessly or recklessly.

I had to get that in before this turns to s___ and gets locked

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 30-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #13
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Most of us see reckless driving on a regular basis, unless there was an incident that requires identification a thread on the topic is venting only and has no real purpose.
Closed Thread