Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Airconditioning that can smell road kill and close the vents

Airconditioning that can smell road kill and close the vents is one of a number of initiatives Nissan has announced for future vehicles.

Other technological innovations include cruise control that works with satellite navigation to slow vehicles for corners, an automatic transmission that selects a higher gear ratio for quicker starts and injecting certain aromas into the cabin to reduce boredom and stimulate the driver's brain.

Nissan Australia senior corporate communications manager Jeffrey Fisher said the innovations may go into production over the next few years.

"But they are not necessarily for us (Australia). Some may but it's probably down the track," he said. "We will look to see if they are available and cost effective and whether they fit certain models. "Some may be included as a standard feature, so then we would get them, but that's not yet decided."

Nissan's ‘Forest’ airconditioning is the result of the company's studies into the effect of forest air on people. The study found that a combination of fragrant kapur wood, lavendar and essential oils promotes calm and focus in the brain.

It also found that leaf alcohol in most plants has a calming effect that also reduces fatigue. These aromas would be periodically sprayed into the vehicle's cabin using an interchangeable aroma cartridge with a one-year lifespan.

The airconditioning system also detects odours and smells such as smoke to increase or decrease outside airflow, regulates the humidity to keep the windows demisted while avoiding the "over-drying" of conventional systems, filters allergens and pollens, and generates plasmacluster ions in the cabin air to kill germs and minimise odour.

Old 31-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And strangely Chevrolet have also made an announcement from their Hooterville Kentucky plant.

Plant manager Billy Jim Bob Hatfield stated "Y'all ken git our noo tecknollagee road kill system fitted to your new Chevy by our factory trained good ol' boys. We have adapted that new fangled japoknees 'forest' system to our intercooler/bar-b-q & grill using goold old american can do know how and now when you find road kill on the way home from worshiping at church or your favorite gunshop you will have a ready to eat deeeeelishus critter kebab waiting for you."

Exports to overseas countries like canada and mexico will be available as soon as homeland security approve the export of USA intelectual property.

Exports to Australia for retro fitment to holdens is not possible as the system fails when the smell of the road kill is better than the smell of the drivers or their girlfriends......

Last edited by flappist; 31-07-2009 at 08:55 PM.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
And strangely Chevrolet have also made an announcement from their Hooterville Kentucky plant.

Plant manager Billy Jim Bob Hatfield stated "Y'all ken git our noo tecknollagee road kill system fitted to your new Chevy by our factorygood ol' boys. We have adapted that new fangled japoknees 'forest' system to our intercooler/bar-b-q & grill using goold old american can do know how and now when you find road kill on the way home from worshiping at church or your favorite gunshop you will have a ready to eat deeeeelishus critter kebab waiting for you."

Exports to overseas countries like canada and mexico will be available as soon as homeland security approve the export of USA intelectual property.

Old 31-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

mmm critter kebab
Old 31-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a waste of R+D resource...

Old 31-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
Teflon Turbo
Banned

i would just prefer a radar
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have only once come across road kill that stunk and most of the time road kill doesn't smell. Seriously, if you have a problem with a little quick stench of road kill then you have a problem.

I much prefer Chevrolet's idea. I hope it makes it over here, mmmmmm... Kangaroo, Koala, Wombat, Emu, Platypus, wild dogs and even roaming cattle all on a Kebab!!! :
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #8
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
If you're driving through that part of the world, then I would suggest the vents would perhaps be closed permanently...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #9
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try driving from Darwin to alice springs. every time you see a swolen cow, ya get ready to hold ya breath! :ymca:
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #10
Scott

Beauty - I fart in the car, the vents close and my wife passes out. Could be handy on a long trip ;)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 01:34 AM   #11
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

There is nothing worse, than road killed "SKUNK". (USA Only)
I can not emphasise it enough. If you run over a skunk or even go over a fresh dead skunk, you'll be near chucking up and tears in your eyes.

It is one of the funniest things to run over and one of the most deadliest, due to the strength of the pugent smell.
Like a silent but deadly fart, about 1000 times worse in effectiveness, but actually smells like really strong Cat's pee.
Hahahahaha

Last edited by Spanrz; 01-08-2009 at 01:42 AM.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 03:19 AM   #12
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Sigh. I knew, as soon as I saw the OP's name below the thread name...it'd be a shocker.
Gotta love the initiative though

Oh and for the record..CSV8.. I reckon your making this all up. I work in a timber mill, and kapur reeks something shocking. Like cat urine. If I had that in my car, I think I'd prefer the roadkill..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 03:49 AM   #13
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan
Try driving from Darwin to alice springs. every time you see a swolen cow, ya get ready to hold ya breath! :ymca:
think thats bad, wait till you are on your tractor cutting 5ft high grass and you hit one of those ballooned up cows with the slasher......words cant describe...
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #14
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Agreed...

To me, it seems like they're creating answers to questions that no one asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanrz
There is nothing worse, than road killed "SKUNK". (USA Only)
I can not emphasise it enough. If you run over a skunk or even go over a fresh dead skunk, you'll be near chucking up and tears in your eyes.

It is one of the funniest things to run over and one of the most deadliest, due to the strength of the pugent smell.
Like a silent but deadly fart, about 1000 times worse in effectiveness, but actually smells like really strong Cat's pee.
Hahahahaha
I agree did it in Toronto !!! Pepe Le Pew is really, really, bad !!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #16
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXR6
Sigh. I knew, as soon as I saw the OP's name below the thread name...it'd be a shocker.
Gotta love the initiative though

Oh and for the record..CSV8.. I reckon your making this all up. I work in a timber mill, and kapur reeks something shocking. Like cat urine. If I had that in my car, I think I'd prefer the roadkill..
I am not, like to keep you guys amused !!! Its from news in Cars Guide.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
+1 anyone who's driven around in the North West and seen the amount of road kill up there (LOTS) will tell you that you can't smell jack as you're driving past at 110km/h

Stupid idea IMO

Now if it was something that was activated as you drove along behind a stinky smoking oil burner or through an area where there's smoke, that would be a bit different...
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post