Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #31
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII
did anyone see this guy's interview on the news? I think he should have been fined another $100 as he was wearing socks and thongs I know he was off duty but this sort of behavior should not go unpunished.
Exactly he should have been wearing his bluey and stubbies too..... :
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #32
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FFS people, why do you all go bezerk over these media beat ups.

Do any of you wonder why this sort of journalism exists?

It is because many people just LOVE to arc up and will do so on the flimsiest of "evidence" or hearsay pontificating their expert opinions and maintaining the rage and indignation.

You are all acting like A Current Affair poster boys (and girls).
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #33
PHATXR8
PHATXR8

I would prefer it if the cops fined taxi drivers for not wearing any deoderant, or not being able to speak the English language!!!
PHATXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #34
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I drive a cab and they crack down on uniform offences at times . we are supposed to be in the prescribed uniform at all times and shorts( tailored shorts only not stubbies etc) may only be worn with long socks and they must be pulled up. if you saw the way some of our drivers dress you would understand why they issue infringements.
some of us try to present a professional image and the drivers dressed scruffily and out of uniform ( and don't get me started on drivers smoking in the cab)only serve to undermine our efforts to improve the service we provide
so while at first it sounde trivial it is an attempt to improve the image of the taxi network and taxi drivers in general
you might ask if i'm perfect , no i'm not but I am always in a neat tidy regulation uniform my cab is alway clean with all surfaces armouralled weekly and kept smelling good with a mild fragrant oil ( not too overpowering) and passengers comment that it is a pleasure to ride in my cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
In the past the stories I have heard is about smoking, A driver gets caught smoking in the taxi, he then tells them he is not on duty and using it as a private car. so they then charge the driver with not wearing the seat belt.
in NSW it is illegal to smoke in a cab at any time (on or off duty) as the smell stays in the cab

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #35
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

2 things here
1. Cabbies are required to use a seatbelt if there are no passengers in the car, in QLD at least.
2. Uniform control should be up to the dispatch company.
Old 19-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #36
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msman
drive a taxi for a couple of weeks and i bet my left nut you will want to punch every cop in the face.

dad has been a owner driver now for 13+years and in the last 3-4 years he has met only one cop who spoke to him with some decency the others are ignorant who have no respect for anyone driving a taxi.
This is a bit if a generalisation, as I have had some good taxi drivers, but by and large, for a group that spend so much time on the road, they are terrible drivers - Right lane hogs, travel way under speed limit (must make the trip worth more???), cut off other cars at form one lanes, give way until tomorrow at round abouts. Then there's the whole lane weaving thing because they are trying to book the next job while dropping the current one off.

Sorry, but i have no sympathy for taxi drivers at all.

However, booked for short socks is a bit much; unless they are those really short, totally ghey anklet sock things!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #37
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
However, booked for short socks is a bit much; unless they are those really short, totally ghey anklet sock things!
You mean like these.... http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...013016,00.html

ROFL.
Old 19-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #38
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yep - they're the ones! He'll be popular in jail if he doesn't pay the fine; especially if he wears those socks!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post