Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
sedgie

Default Quick Question - Race Drive Experience

It's my brothers 21st next week and i am taking him up to the V8 Supercars in Townsville. I'm also planning on getting him a race day experience and have looked at a number of them on the net. Now i need some advice on the best option from people that have hopefully experienced it.

1. V8 race experience (the john bowe one looked the best)
2. Supercarevents - $849 to drive a Lamborghini Gallardo (hell yeah) around a track for 5 laps... i know he would love this probably moreso than a V8.

Has anyone done the supercar drive as this is the one i'm favouring? I would love to hear anyones opinion before i spend the cash and lock it in. I can't really see it being bad in anyway but you never know.

Thanks in advance.

sedgie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i did the one just south of brisbane in February and had a ball. it is mainly holden but i just specified a ford and when i turned up it was ready to go. 450 bucks well spent, i thought.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
homegrown
hotshot

I done this for a friend that helped us out with our wedding and got them 8 laps in a supercar for $300 and I think it was an extra $50 or $100 for a professionally trained driver to take you for a couple of laps to show how fast they really go on top of the 8 laps you get to do yourself.
She had a blast and loved it. She's a real rev head a thought it was the perfect gift.
Depends on how much you want to spend. after driving the v8 supercar I think it would be pretty hard to top that I wouldn't worry about the lambo.
This is in sa so not sure if it helps much but definately check out all the packages available.
Old 30-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like a great gift ...you are a good brother , do you want another brother?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I done some hot laps behinde the wheel of a HQ racer at lakeside may moons ago and had a fantastic time.
Now I'm thinking this supercar racecar type of experience would be good for a rafle prize. Hmmm time to go seek it out.
Bmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
sedgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
sounds like a great gift ...you are a good brother , do you want another brother?
haha he's a good brother just trying to think of something that he wouldn't forget about. Sounds like either way i'm onto a winner.

I know what you're saying homegrown... the only thing leaning me toward the lambo is... well it's a LAMBO. How many people can say they've driven one let alone flogged one around a track. We have similar likes/dislikes and from my point of view this would be very hard to top.

Thanks for your input guys i'm pretty comfortable with it just having heard everyone that has done it has loved it.
Old 30-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
sedgie

Another thing we live up North so would be making a bit of a holiday out of it. Might even keep it a suprise till we fly down to wherever we end up going.
Old 30-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

What track is the Lambo at, and do you have to pay for it if you bin it?
Old 30-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #9
zx10

Did the V8 experience at QR, was a really good time. Didnt want it to end, the braking was unbelievable. The hot lap really opened my eyes as to just how late you can brake around that track.

But I also have done the WRX experience, MUCH more fun! I am a massive V8 fan but the rally day was the bomb! Felt like I was flying, although watching the video it looks like I was going slow as poo lol.

AU3 XR8 sedan - Manual, Leather, Momo wheel/gear knob
zx10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
sedgie

The lambo will most likely be at Eastern Creek but it all depends when we head down. It's a 12 month voucher so i guess we can more or less decide which track to go to. Eastern Creek in a lambo... oh yeah.
Old 30-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #11
sedgie

not sure about the 'pay if you bin it' but that's obviously something that i would consider before signing the disclaimers. I'd imagine they'd be insured but it's a good thought you never know these days!!