Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #31
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was looking to buy the Fiesta Zetec a couple of years ago, the saleman just disappeared halfway through showing us the car and discussing a deal

I presumed he'd ducked off to the loo or something, .... but after about half an hour or so I went and asked if anyone knew where he had gone ..... apparantly ... "he had gone home for lunch!"
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #32
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have bought 10 new cars so far.
Sorry i remember 2 other, ford sales men. that were good.
one the Holden dealer gave me such a good deal i had to buy it.

The other i was going to buy a BA xr6 sedan. but my head touched the roof siting in the back seat. still ****ed off about that. the XK to EF is OK and the new falcon is OK. the dealer was 6.6ft. so he did comprehend why i had to walk away.

Now listen mate i love my fords. but some people in ford need a good going over. i see it as treason & i am not convinced that there is no, saboteur's trying to destroy ford Australia.
I get sick of hearing people rubbishing Holden & fords. they wont buy Australian cars. i have talked to a lot of people. and they have had bad experiences and they will not even consider buying Aussie made. i am worried we will have to end up having to drive poofey cars.

One sales boy i dealt with. : i went through the whole deal only to be told. he would not give me the price on my car. because he said i would go some were else and try to get a better deal some were else!

One tried to diddle me on the LSD diff. he said it was a option. showed me the book. but it said V8's are mandatory with LSD diff. so how can it be an option? and it was a xr8 ute i was looking to buy.

Last edited by castellan; 16-05-2009 at 03:27 PM.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #33
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

I Hear where you are coming from Castellan

Bear in mind that this is a Ford Site. There are good and bad dealers everywhere, be it it Ford, Holden or even mercedes Benz & BMW

I had a bad dealer experience with ford but I don't let that tarnish Ford. The guy basically wouldn't let me test drive a car - go figure! I just accept that it is not representative of Ford as a whole

In all facets of life you get people who have a sub-par work ethos. I discovered this early on in my working career and know it applies across the board to all industries.

For every bad Ford dealer example i could reel off a plethora of bad ones even at the higher end of the buying spectrum
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #34
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
Ive never had a problem when buying a new ford, always been helpfull and profesional, my problems start downsairs at the circus department
Same here.

Mind you, lately have been looking for a car for a friend of mine. We have gone to many dealerships to have a look at the car in stock. I found a demo at Courtney & Paterson so went to check it out. Would have liked to talk to a salesman but none wanted to come out and talk to us.
It was a good thing in the end as inspecting the car we found that whoever took the car out for the weekend had all their buddies in the back drinking beer, and left a mess.
Old 16-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #35
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't get me started on Thomson Ford here in Sydney. I just don't have the time to type everything about those tossers.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #36
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I have bought quite a few new & used over the last couple of years and have had no bad experience from 2 eastern suburb dealers? If I get the price I want, then I am satisfied ...... I am not there to make a long term relationship with the dealer ..... but the way it has panned out I now have anyway. Doesn't that make a difference when a new model arrives. To have a G6ET dropped off at work for the day is a hoot! :

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post