Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #91
jonk

Just for fun, I went out and measured the distance between the next door neighbours drum kit and our back door. 7 metres.

It doesn't have windows, only louvres of which some of them are missing. Years ago I suggested they put up coconot fibre underlay all through out the drum room, which they did but, I had said that solid glass windows had to be put in... they didn't go that far.

And the freestyle method of drumming he use's sheesh. Can't hold a beat for longer than 30 seconds, then it changes... very painful to listen to.

What was funny was I mentioned the drum kit down the back to the control freak next door, she said "Yeah, he's not hitting the drums hard enough' Like WTF.

CF's bloke will hit the drums as hard as he can. To the tune of heavy metal beats running around in his head. Yep, he's a metal head. Nice.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #92
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
And the freestyle method of drumming he use's sheesh. Can't hold a beat for longer than 30 seconds, then it changes... very painful to listen to.
I wonder what it would be like if you played that Arabic music loud - really loud - right at him every time he got on the drums.

If you do it let us know how it goes
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #93
Springfield_Johny

Someone mentioned some big speakers mounted to the fence. What about a set of big truck horns connected to a compressor. They probably wouldn't even hear the compressor until the horns were set off "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRPPP' probably make a few of them crap their pants
Springfield_Johny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post