Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
kelnic

Default free WII promotion

i purchased a panasonic plasma tv and they had a promotion for a free WII console when you buy the plasma tv. i have not recieved the WII yet that was supposed to be sent out in feburary.has anybody else that purchased a panasonic tv got their WII console yet?

kelnic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Call up their promotions call centre, they SHOULD be able to tell you when they'll get sent out..

i worked at HP for a while in the promotions call centre as a temp job - i hope the panasonic people are more organised lol
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Haha nicely done fev
i got a free Wii from HP, took the BLOODY AGES to get it to me, i'm talking months and months and months...
Old 20-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep, if it was last year after xmas i probably took your disgruntled call and said - one sec ill ask if the supervisor knows yet..... no im sorry sir, we currently cant get any stock since Nintendo is struggling to supply the country with Wii's lol
Old 20-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i bought into the same deal, checked my tracking number, apparently pana are having delays receiving the wii's from nintendo themselves, shock horror
Old 20-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Took months for me to recieve my PS3 from Sony after their Bravia promotion.
Took another 3 months before I got my purchase reciept back...
Hang in there.
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #7
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

almost got a wii for christmas ,been that long since they have had them i dont want 1 anymore which is good i can buy something else .
Old 20-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #8
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman_75
almost got a wii for christmas ,been that long since they have had them i dont want 1 anymore which is good i can buy something else .
Good idea, the wife wanted me to get her one, so I did. They are rubbish. They are popular only because of the interactivity with the controllers etc. Spend your dough on an Xbox or something. I wish I did.
Old 20-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

i still dont understand why they gave a SD graphic's console only on their 1080p plasma's but its free, so who care's.

but yes, expect 3-4 months wait from lodgement time
Old 20-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #10
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconboy
Good idea, the wife wanted me to get her one, so I did. They are rubbish. They are popular only because of the interactivity with the controllers etc. Spend your dough on an Xbox or something. I wish I did.
Nintendo has been crap ever since the Gamecube, their last good console was the N64. The only reason heaps of people buy them is because they're marketed at young kids and casual gamers, who are more interested in playing bowling games with a controller you can swing around. The console costs like $400 with a bazillion extras, compared to $700 for a PS3 $500 or what ever for an Xbox 360 Premium.

Who remembers Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on the N64? Best Nintendo games EVER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #11
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
yep, if it was last year after xmas i probably took your disgruntled call and said - one sec ill ask if the supervisor knows yet..... no im sorry sir, we currently cant get any stock since Nintendo is struggling to supply the country with Wii's lol
I can't wait til I get Fev on the phone - I'm gonna give you a workout boy!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #12
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
haha nice.
nah i didn't call mate, my view was hey, its free, if it turns up, good, if it doesn't, oh well.
Old 20-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #13
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelnic
i purchased a panasonic plasma tv and they had a promotion for a free WII console when you buy the plasma tv. i have not recieved the WII yet that was supposed to be sent out in feburary.has anybody else that purchased a panasonic tv got their WII console yet?
I got mine I think it was around the 13th of January. It was early in that week. My mate bought his TV a few days before mine and lodged his form before me, and we received them on the same day.

Quote:
I agree with that. They are fairly ordinary. We mostly play ours after a few beers and we get into the bowling. It's quite a bit of fun, but no way on earth would I have ever bought one. They arn't worth the price they want. Save the extra and get a PS3 or Xbox.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #14
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:

I have had TWO think I would have learned my lesson after selling the first. : . I sold my second one 2 weeks ago and both of them were sold after 4 weeks. I have also had 2 360's and a PS3. My 360 is the best console and I wouldn't have anything else.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 12:32 AM   #15
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

i love my Wii, and wont have you people picking on it...

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #16
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This in the email sent to me about the promo. It came in the same email as the one with the tracking no. Stage 4: If your claim has been validated we will make all reasonable efforts to fulfil your claim for a Bonus Wii within 30 days from 01/02/09.
As yet I havent even checked my tracking no as I'm not really interested in the Wii. Will sell it off if my son doesnt want it.
Old 21-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #17
bob^
LPS

A bloke I work with only got his wii a week ago from Panasonic. His took around 8 weeks.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #18
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Got mine early Jan. Bought the Plasma in late Nov.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #19
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelnic
Ever thought about actually calling Panasonic about it and not asking people on an automotive forum?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #20
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Ever thought about actually calling Panasonic about it and not asking people on an automotive forum?

Maybe he thought that with the volume of people on this forum someone here may have bought the same deal. Therefore he can get an idea of how long it takes.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #21
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandrsxr6
Maybe he thought that with the volume of people on this forum someone here may have bought the same deal. Therefore he can get an idea of how long it takes.
Still strikes me as odd.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 09:07 AM   #22
kelnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandrsxr6
yes i have already called panasonic about the deal and they said i should get it early to mid feburary but still have not recieved it.vandrsxr6 is correct.i was asking other people in the bar (non automotive) of this forum site to get an idea of how long it takes or if it comes at all.

Last edited by kelnic; 24-02-2009 at 09:19 AM.
kelnic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #23
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnedout
I can't wait til I get Fev on the phone - I'm gonna give you a workout boy!
hahaha nah mate i don't work there any more - was only there for 2 months i think it was - was a temp job and the office furniture was absolutely rubbish - went home with a back that was killing me each day from the chairs(other then my already bad back)

eventually they fired me cuz i could only get to 4 out of 5 days a week, needed one in between to recuperate - also used it for job interviews.. luckily 2 weeks after that i got a GOOD full time job which im still at
Old 24-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #24
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got mine about 2 weeks ago. lodged the claim in late December. Had a hassle with the serial number being used, then Panasonic put the wrong mailing address on it. But it still arrived. Apparently, Nintendo, were holding back stock to be sold over Christmas, hence the delay.

Hope that helps.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post