Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-12-2006, 10:45 PM   #61
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nugget378..fair enough..

Protd...maybe its a council thing..I do know for sure that our council won't allow and we're above any floodline..also some councils in NSW don't allow it.

I also have vague memories of some home show saying it was not allowed anymore but can't remember if Oz/state/council..anyway if the inspectors have'nt given you grief then it must be ok.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 01:08 AM   #62
capriv8

Im following your progress on this thread too. Weve got 2.5 acres backing onto a national park here in Perth which we are building on early next year. A couple of reasons for buying our land was, want/need for a decent size shed for automotive restoration projects a place to stress less at the days end of running a business and my wife wants a horse for our two young girls. We currently have a nice home 5mins out from the city and love it but whenever we drive out to the block (20 minutes) its like going to paradise, birds, trees, no traffic noise and with the national park behind us it seems like we have 100 acres.
capriv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 09:12 AM   #63
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

500 hectares ... mmm ... that'll keep you busy if the weed inspector finds Crofton Weed or something he doesn't like.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #64
protd
TUFF FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Nugget378..fair enough..

Protd...maybe its a council thing..I do know for sure that our council won't allow and we're above any floodline..also some councils in NSW don't allow it.

I also have vague memories of some home show saying it was not allowed anymore but can't remember if Oz/state/council..anyway if the inspectors have'nt given you grief then it must be ok.

ok fair enough but nothing is in our act about it been building for 15yrs and never came across that issue.. anyway something to keep in mind if i ever go somewhere else and build a house..
protd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #65
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
500 hectares ... mmm ... that'll keep you busy if the weed inspector finds Crofton Weed or something he doesn't like.
Youve obviously never seen deliverance,we dont get inspectors of any kind round here,its kinda like the bermuda triangle....
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #66
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Youve obviously never seen deliveran ce,we dont get inspectors of any kind round here,its kinda like the bermuda triangle....

Bwhahahahahahah and Im on the other point ........... must say the Warrumbungle Shire Council isnt too bad .... well for a council who has not long merged with two others ....... :
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 10:06 PM   #67
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Youve obviously never seen deliverance,we dont get inspectors of any kind round here,its kinda like the bermuda triangle....
I'll just go and tune the bango son.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #68
xw351

Any updates mate, pretty keen to see how far you have progressed
xw351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #69
_CRUZ_
Ford Owner

yea post some more, im also keen to see the finished product and bush surroundings.
_CRUZ_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #70
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

I'd forgotten about this thread :O

There has been a bit of progress, house is 90% finished, just needs a floating floor put in, which is getting done the weekend after next and a proper kitchen..The house is on solar power and gas now.
A few fruit trees have been put in as well as about 100 olives, did some fencing on the cheap with mostly old star pickets and cut ironbark.
I got hold of a dozer and a bit of time has been spent clearing regrowth, and fixing up the road as well as putting in two dam's of about 1.5 million litres each, hoping for some good rains to fill them.
We have had some good rainfall this past year and its good to see some greenery after the dry..

Have also been collecting bits and pieces needed around the place,a neighbor is lending me his boring machine and a bore will be going in as soon as I can find an engine to drive it..

Here are some pics as of a couple of months ago, I dont have any more recent showing the new dams..

shed we put up with bits that were laying around and some ironbark, its been enclosed since the picture.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #71
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

You even have your own "Bill steam shovel" to play with !

Where is Miss jane ?
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #72
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
You even have your own "Bill steam shovel" to play with !

Where is Miss jane ?
HURRRY UPPP!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #73
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

100 Olives trees???

You sound like my dad mate...we still import full organic olive oil from his olive groves in Greece!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #74
56L
a.k.a PAULY

I have also about 100 large olive tree,s and have pretty much have no idea what to do with them HAHA

Have gained a few friends through them though
1947 ford thames tipper V8 21 stud flat head
1939 ford beer barrel truck V8 24 stud flat head
HZJ diesel ute
HJ47 diesel ute
56L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #75
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

g`day nugget

i just found this thread. i grew up around Rylstone / Kandos and know the Coolah area a bit, mostly go that way a couple of times a year when visiting family.

the locals will probably be glad to have a plumber coming to town, most small country towns have trouble getting tradesmen.

you mention that you have friends in Rylstone, maybe i know them. i left there in `97 but still know a lot of the locals. i knew most people in the district when i lived there or if i didn`t know them they seemed to know me.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #76
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave351cid
g`day nugget

i just found this thread. i grew up around Rylstone / Kandos and know the Coolah area a bit, mostly go that way a couple of times a year when visiting family.

the locals will probably be glad to have a plumber coming to town, most small country towns have trouble getting tradesmen.

you mention that you have friends in Rylstone, maybe i know them. i left there in `97 but still know a lot of the locals. i knew most people in the district when i lived there or if i didn`t know them they seemed to know me.
Hi Dave, the fella lives out behind lue,
I used to go pig shooting out that way years ago, I actually was looking for a place in the area originally being its closer to the city..But prices were more than I could do at the time for the size of place I wanted.