Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 16-07-2005, 03:21 PM   #1
Resty
Amon of Focus

Default Diablo CHip or SCT (help us out here)

message I got from from TOM

The kit comes with a tuned chip (diablo)

You have an option that may be better for you the SCT Pro racer this comes with a chip , burner , software , and full scan tool for tuning , this cost 650.00 i can take out the cost of the chip that comes in the kit 300.00 and get you all that for 350.00

If you have to send the chip back for more tune changes that may be the best way to go

Does anyone do diablo tuning over there

Tom

Which way should I go? I dont know anyone that tunes the Diablo

riz

Last edited by Resty; 16-07-2005 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Change message completely
Resty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 04:15 PM   #2
OZST24

Well InFocus Motorsport sell the Diablo, so maybe they can advise you as to who can tune it for you.
OZST24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
Resty
Amon of Focus

Ty for ur reply. Long story....anyone other than them?
Old 16-07-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Resty, this might be a bit of a ramble, as I'm trying to think out loud. So bear with me.

First, don't know of any Diablo tuners in Oz. Sorry... that doesn't answer your direct question.

But some other toughts

I've just sent an email to Steeda in Canada regarding the SCT pro racer. They claim they have support for " most Ford PCM's (4000+)", and it allows you complete control of the PCM. I've asked them about compatibility with my pcm ..XSU1. the way I read their blurb, you didn't need a chip, you could use this tool to remap the pcm...we'll see.

(ps what is your PCM code?)

Now, if that is the case, then maybe...just maybe...a big maybe.. some of the tuners here who are using the SCT tools (albeit renamed CAPA, Herrod Stealth, BPT etc) could use the pro racer software to custom tune for you. Big Guess.

Alternatively Amberley Autos in Dandenong claim they have a Ford Focus Procharger turbo system coming soon. I thought they dealt with SCT as well as Motec etc, and dyno tune, so might be worth a phone call. Maybe they have the smarts to help

Another alternative maybe to get a Unichip and have it live tuned. All the Falcon boys here seem to swear by Spiro at Autotech Engineering (Sydney?) Maybe he needs a challenge!! Again, maybe a phone call.

Resty, all of that is probably no help at all, and if that's the case...sorry. But hopefully there is a nugget of an idea in there somewhere that sparks something for you.

Good luck
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
melbzetec

ps. Why don't you post your probem in the ECU section. Maybe someone there has a lead
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 17-07-2005, 03:11 AM   #6
Resty
Amon of Focus

My ecu code is also XSU1. I may as well go for the SCT then. Thankyou for doin the homework for me.

As for Procharger, I thought they only made SC's not Turbo kits?
Old 17-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #7
melbzetec

Yeh......you could be right. Supercharger.I was half asleep last night.

Focussport has been no help with the SCT Xcalibrator or Xcalibrator 2, saying there is nothing for an XSU1. (And superchips in the UK have also been extremely unhelpful... no Bluefin for it either)

My expectation is that Steeda Canada will be a fizz as well.

I did email a guy in NZ who owns the Superchip franchise in New Zealand, and he reckoned he could do something but would need to see the car. He was planning coming over to Australia. Was really really helpful. Needed to plug his laptop into the car.

I'll retrieve his emails from work. He was really enthusiastic and helpful, and understands the whole Australia, NZ import thing, whereas the poms and US seem to scratch there heads as though we are asking about Ford cars on Mars