Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-12-2004, 11:07 PM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Ford Invests £169 Million In New Engine Production At Dagenham

check out the picture of the engine plant below, looks like a motel on the water.
here is the story.
Ford Motor Company is to make a £169 million investment in its diesel engine manufacturing unit at Dagenham in Essex.

This brings to over £550 million the total amount invested at Dagenham since 2003.

This latest investment comes as a result of the decision by Ford Motor Company and PSA Peugeot Citroen to expand capacity for high technology diesel engines as part of the ongoing cooperative agreement between the two companies. This agreement has been so successful that demand for engines will soon outstrip the existing supply base.

Under the new plan, 1.4 and 1.6 litre diesel engine production will be added to the Dagenham Engine Plant from 2007 and, depending on the market and economic conditions prevailing at that time, could create up to 460 new jobs. New production lines capable of turning out around 400,000 engines a year will be installed in the state-of-the-art Dagenham Diesel Centre, opened by Prime Minister Tony Blair in 2003. The Dagenham Engine Plant will, by then, have the capacity to build almost a million engines a year.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 04-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
Monga

I agree this new engine will be great.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is that thread mine of the year??
Old 04-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
Is that thread mine of the year??
Sure is a contender...

I was thinking to myself "hang on a minute, didn't they do this a few years ago"...and yes...correct...
Old 04-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #5
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

WOW, It's like I've gone back in time!!
Closed Thread