Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #1
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Default GMC ROS MAchines at Bunnings

Does anyone know if Bunnings still have those GMC ROS machines for like $49?

I am in Brisbane and looking for a ROS machine for detailing purposes.

Cheers

Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
rodderz

The probably would, they have a lot of the GMC range.
Last I was there to get some tools the guy there said Bunnings were getting rid of all the good brands like Makita, DeWalt, and selling the cheapo stuff as they make more money off it.

A better brand would probably function and last you better but for occasional use the GMC may be ok
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
Sam_Boss260

Reason why I asked is that I heard that Bunnings were dropping the GMC line and were selling the remaining stock cheaply.
Old 26-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Sam i was at a bunnings recently and they had no GMC tools at all from memory....

Mate of mine purchased an Ozito RO (mostly for use as just applying cleaner/waxs etc, and sanding wood) for around $50 from bunnings. I have some ozito tools and fine them quite good for the money, but at only 250W it isn't strong enough to use for polishing etc. I thought the GMC machine was like $150??

Best of luck finding one apparently people have been getting them from mitre10 etc because bunnings isn't stocking them anymore.....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
BomberXR

Try getting the BOSCH PEX 400AE Random Orbital, it's a great little unit, fool proof and has a 125mm plate that will fit "EDGE" brand pads very easily. Bit more expensive but better unit than any GMC equivalent. Give it a shot... _2:
BomberXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
rodderz

There is another brand AMG or something like it that Bunny's are selling now. It's a cheap store for a reason, they sell rubbish. You walk for 20 mins trying to find what you're looking for, and when asking for help get redirected to 10 different nuffies that don't know squat

In the last 12 months Mitre 10 has really kicked up a gear to improve their stores, with bigger ones opening now and they sell better lines of products. From memory Bunnings also did a deal with Bosch to exclusively buy them and sell to no-one else, but it's their cheaper range
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #7
Sam_Boss260

Cheers guys. Ventured to Bunnings tonight and found no more GMC products.

I saw the Bosch PEX product, looked ok and still less than $200, it might be a goer...
Old 26-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Sam,

It seems theres issues with the pads not sticking to the Bosch's assuming i know what you wanna use it for!

Get the GMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mitre 10!
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #9
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Sam,

It seems theres issues with the pads not sticking to the Bosch's assuming i know what you wanna use it for!

I've heard that too re: the Edge pads not sticking to the Bosch PEX400 machine...I'm leaning towards the Meguiars G220....Had a play with one at Grums detailing day last Sunday...easy to use but the Jurys still out on whether I'll get one or not....The time is a killer and while I do like to spend a couple of hours on a weekend detailing my car I just don't have a spare 10 hours unless I take a day off work.....so probably more practical to see a detailer every 6 mths for a paint correction and at least it'd be done professionally and saves me the time.

A car can be washed and waxed/ QD'd in an hour or so but to do what Brent did takes time and a lot of patience
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
I've heard that too re: the Edge pads not sticking to the Bosch PEX400 machine...I'm leaning towards the Meguiars G220....Had a play with one at Grums detailing day last Sunday...easy to use but the Jurys still out on whether I'll get one or not....The time is a killer and while I do like to spend a couple of hours on a weekend detailing my car I just don't have a spare 10 hours unless I take a day off work.....so probably more practical to see a detailer every 6 mths for a paint correction and at least it'd be done professionally and saves me the time.

A car can be washed and waxed/ QD'd in an hour or so but to do what Brent did takes time and a lot of patience

Thats coz you spend too much time trying to please the ladies Pete...

10 hours isnt that bad...
Old 26-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #11
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

if the ro is just for detailing the car, you could try the mother wax attack. i bought mine from supercrap last month for $140 i think, and its a little pearler.

so easy to use and it even fits in my fat hand.

didn't know gmc's gear was being pulled from bunnings though.
Old 26-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #12
Sam_Boss260

Quote:
Sam,

Cheers Brent. Will ring around the Mitre 10 stores tomorrow and see who has it. And I think that youo have assumed correct mate!

Hey, we should catch up for a cruise or coffee soon? Keen to see your ute.
Old 26-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #13
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
Cheers Brent. Will ring around the Mitre 10 stores tomorrow and see who has it. And I think that youo have assumed correct mate!

Hey, we should catch up for a cruise or coffee soon? Keen to see your ute.
Yeh where bouts in brissie are you, I dont think ive seen your car but then again theres a few black xr8s getting around!
Old 26-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #14
Sam_Boss260

Quote:

Come on Pete, where are your priorities mate? I think you have it all mixed up. That or you are trying to please the ladies too much like Brent said!

Fair enough comment though.
Old 26-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #15
Sam_Boss260

Quote:
Yeh where bouts in brissie are you, I dont think ive seen your car but then again theres a few black xr8s getting around!
Inner west side - Live - Indooroopilly and work - Taringa (soon to be Tenneriffe)
Old 26-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #16
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bunnings has a commercial agreement with Ryobi to only offer their range of products, hence the reason for the drop of others.

There are more details to the agreement, such as being able to offer other brands as long as Ryobi don't offer a similar machine etc etc, but you will find less of the good stuff and more Ryobi junk.
falconboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2008, 06:31 AM   #17
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconboy
Bunnings has a commercial agreement with Ryobi to only offer their range of products, hence the reason for the drop of others.

There are more details to the agreement, such as being able to offer other brands as long as Ryobi don't offer a similar machine etc etc, but you will find less of the good stuff and more Ryobi junk.

Do Ryobi have a good polisher then? Maybe thats an option Sam
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2008, 07:35 AM   #18
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:

Good things take time mate, 10 hours is nothing for a detail , when youv'e had your car on a stand for 3 days detailing the crap out of it then its a ball breaker, but theres nothing like do it youself providing that you know what your doing and doing it correctly.

But the G220 is a great little machine. but if you do purchase the G220 use the CCS pads they are the best.
DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2008, 08:21 AM   #19
Sam_Boss260

Quote:
Do Ryobi have a good polisher then? Maybe thats an option Sam

Maybe. I think that I will stick to the GMC a) due to cost- can't spend $250 on a polisher right now and b) I know that Dave will have the pads that stick to a GMC. DOn't know about the Ryobi.
Old 28-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #20
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
Inner west side - Live - Indooroopilly and work - Taringa (soon to be Tenneriffe)
I'll be buggered, I live in Kenmore and work in Toowong, I'll have to keep an eye out for you.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post