Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #31
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
those little motor scooters are illegal now too are they?! whats the fine? $500? dam bracks!!
how the hell can they be illegal they can't even speed! considering your in a 60km/h zone you'll never reach 60km/h unless going down a hill

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 01:31 PM   #32
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
how the hell can they be illegal they can't even speed! considering your in a 60km/h zone you'll never reach 60km/h unless going down a hill
some of those little scooters fly! the pocket bikes claim to have top speeds of over 80km/h but i'd love to see that with a 80+kg aussie on it...
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 02:04 PM   #33
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
No we are not quite as bad as VIC when it comes to speed camera's, at least we get 3 gigantic warning signs before any camera - honestly I don't even know how they catch anyone, they must be sleeping or something to miss the signs.
Same here. Theres a fixed one just in Queanbeyan comming from ACT. All you do is speed up to some line and hit the brakes. Well i dont do it but heaps of people do
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #34
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
some of those little scooters fly! the pocket bikes claim to have top speeds of over 80km/h but i'd love to see that with a 80+kg aussie on it...
LOL cool, i've riden those pitboss's, the 110cc mini bikes and those things haul, my mates got some jin ping pocket bike and it is gutless lol yea your right an 80kg aussie would strip those things of power lol very fun though

Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Old 05-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #35
MrQuan
Social Disaster

My mate in woomba recently got one of those scooters. I was totally ****ed and riding it around at night w/o a helmate, God knows how I didn't crash the thing, they go pretty fast!!

He says it goes 50kph out of the box and 60kph if tuned. So fun, but kinda loud.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 04:20 PM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I recal watching some ghostrider vid where he changed the body panels of a pocket bike to carbon fibres. Not sure if he turboed it aswell but it was quick. Still not as good as the turbo busa hehehe.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:34 PM   #37
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Still not as good as the turbo busa hehehe.
those things are only for people with a death wish!

Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Old 05-07-2005, 04:41 PM   #38
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Same here. Theres a fixed one just in Queanbeyan comming from ACT. All you do is speed up to some line and hit the brakes. Well i dont do it but heaps of people do
The intention in relation to the NSW system with its 3 warning signs is that it:

1. Not be perceived as a revenu device; and
2. That it is intentended to catch 'innattentive' drivers, this it does.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 04:52 PM   #39
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
The intention in relation to the NSW system with its 3 warning signs is that it:

1. Not be perceived as a revenu device; and
2. That it is intentended to catch 'innattentive' drivers, this it does.
lol innattentive drivers, i agree with that then.

Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Old 05-07-2005, 05:49 PM   #40
ck11

There were rumours of some nsw politicians, campaigning for those fixed speed camera warning signs to be removed.
ck11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2005, 01:40 AM   #41
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

"There were rumours of some nsw politicians, campaigning for those fixed speed camera warning signs to be removed.
Yesterday 03:52 PM".

NSW camera warning signs 'policy' was implemented by politicians years ago before creation of the fixed camera system, so as not to be seen as merely creating revenue. Similar portable signs were used to warn of slant radar etc.

So called road safety academics, particularly VIC and SA based, and with certain in-house RTA individuals would like to remove these, sure.

I would doubt however this LAB government would action to remove the signs. The LIB opposition here in NSW would not remove the signs, and if they were removed by the current Gov Co, they'd be reinstated by the replacement.

Former LIB leader, Kerrie Chickarovski, stood against speed camera enforcment generally, this position has not changed that much with the current LIB opposition.

The NSW signage system is unique in the world in its ability to target the inattentive, albiet using 'speed' as the trigger for doing so.

RTA really do want folk to reduce speed in the immediate area. Having too many fixed speed cameras as increasingly advocated by some sitting labour women (hansard) will only detract from the original concept of having folk reduce speed at those identified crash spots.

New upgraded sections of Pacifc Highway are to be subject to point to point cameras that detect speed over the limit for a given length, a la VIC's Hume project. This is above and beyond the NSW Safe T Cam system (now also used in South Australia, and program linked) which primarily targets heavy vehicles hours and speed between points, but is certainly technically capable of reading car and motorcycle plates*.

* Ref to the NSW Privacy Commissioner who has received complaints from car and other vehicle driver categories complaining of having received 'please explain' letters from RTA. (Registration issues etc).
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2005, 02:00 AM   #42
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NSW signage is generally as i have noticed is the same as ACT. But when you see the signs on the speed camera vans its too late anyways. I know in ACT they have set zones where they are allowed to use the camera vans and generally have signage but it isnt the case everywhere.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:52 AM   #43
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Those point-to-point speed camera's are my pet hate! I have emailed the RTA several times about them and they are coming very soon. I think its Big Brother going too far...
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #44
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Point to point cameras? What are they? Do they measure the time it takes for you to get from one camera to another? Excuse me if im wrong but i have NFI
Old 06-07-2005, 11:31 AM   #45
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i guess they do, not sure how long the distance would be though. Maybe 40km? or so.

As I have a condition that makes me want to get to places quickly, i will just have to use smaller roads. Funny that, the smaller the road, the faster you go....(is it safer, well at least you are less likely to get caught).

Or maybe for something to do, you go past the 1st camera, stop and wait for the calcualted time on the side, then sit on 200km/h and still have an average of 100!
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2005, 11:32 AM   #46
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MITCHAY - point to poitn cameras are coming to a highway near you courtesy of the RTA.

There are 2 camera's set up over a particualr distance (could be whatever distance they want, i think it is being aimed at freeways, highways ect.) - when you pass the first one, it records the time. When you eventually pass the second one it also records the time, then automatically calculates whether you exceeded the speed limit or not over that section of road - if you did, you get a fine.

They were trialling them a while back on the M4.

So basically instead of paying attention to the road, you will be constantly checkign your speedo every couple of seconds, won't be able to accelerate to overtake people/get out of danger ect.

IMO they will increase the road toll and are just as bad/big brotherish as those GPS devices.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:38 AM   #47
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well i can see some situations when you might have to speed to overtake or avoid an accident etc. Lol they are gonna fine a lot of people even if you do 10km/hs over it will decrease travel time so then you could expect a fine. What a stupid idea. Now if speed cameras werent a revenue raiser, these P2P cameras clearly are. Common sense would say it is anyway. No one sticks to the limit all the time.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:50 AM   #48
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh i forgot to add - i reckon they would also increase traffic congestion due to everyone riding their brakes...

Old 06-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #49
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, is it illegal to shoot these cameras? or at least get someone with no money to do it, then the govt wont do anything about this person.

I'm so sick of this stuff! SPEED IS NOT DANGEROUS!!!!!!!! IF THERE IS NOTHING TO HIT (ie on a clear freeway) IT DOESNT MATTER HOW FAST YOU GO!!!!!!!!
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2005, 02:08 PM   #50
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
Well, is it illegal to shoot these cameras? or at least get someone with no money to do it, then the govt wont do anything about this person.

I'm so sick of this stuff! SPEED IS NOT DANGEROUS!!!!!!!! IF THERE IS NOTHING TO HIT (ie on a clear freeway) IT DOESNT MATTER HOW FAST YOU GO!!!!!!!!
i agree with you on that, but they seem to think the worst will always happen eg. blowen tyre, yea it can happen but in reality how often does it happen....sweet f@#k all.

Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Old 06-07-2005, 02:17 PM   #51
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldn't go so far as to say "speed is not dangerous"...that's untrue.

But I do think there is such a thing as "safe speeding" - it's all about driving to conditions.

Old 06-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #52
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Driving full stop is dangerous. Nothing about it is safe. There is only less chance and safer in the driving world.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #53
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
I wouldn't go so far as to say "speed is not dangerous"...that's untrue.

But I do think there is such a thing as "safe speeding" - it's all about driving to conditions.
nicely said merlin and a very true statement.

Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Old 06-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #54
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've always wondered how much trouble i'd get in if i pulled over in front of a speed camera, running over their flash?

"I was just parking. I didn't see it, honest!"

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post