Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
omn1potent

Exclamation Standard Header Port and Polish in Melb?

One of my other vehicles is a ZZE123R Toyota Corolla Sportivo (141kw). This is my day-to-day vehicle.

Been on some Toyota and Honda forums and I cannot get a response that I require.

I wish to port, polish and match my standard headers to my engine plus HPC coating, to make them more efficient. I also wish to port, polish and match my intake manifold.

I am also considering swaping my current CatConverter to a more sports oriented hiflow unit such as a diffilipo? This is the best bang-for-you-buck results than buying any after market units (not interested).

Is there ANY reputable shops in Melbourne, of which I can get this work done.

omn1potent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
Shounak

My first question is why bother porting an engine with no real modifications and a car that's never going to be quick? Porting is a lot of work normally done to faster cars and it will of course require a full top end rebuild.

With all these mods you're going to spend a few grand and create a car that may be about as quick as a Falcodore.

If you really want to spend money on making a Camry quick, btw don't forget it will make it damn near impossible to sell. But start with the intake mods, better air intake, then go the exhaust. See if you can do a tune of some sorts and then start the other mods.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

mate see my signature. They are all the way on the gold coast tho.

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
kim and james
FG G6E in Ego

not exactly Melbourne but not too far:
Ray Layton Cylinder Heads, used to be in Clyde St Ferntree Gully but has moved to Kongwak (near Wonthaggi) know a few guys who have used him and is an old cutomer of mine does alot of PULP conversions on xw/xy etc good bloke good job sorry dont have his current contact info