Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default spam email connected to e-insurance?

unfortunately i was stupid enough to use my real email address when i did the free online quote yesterday, no other details though, i was wondering if anyone else received an email from some place called the "Japan International Lottery Worldwide Promotion". its the first spam email i've received in a long time. obviously i can't say for sure its connected to E-Insurance but it seems logical..on selling infomation.

heres a copy of the entire email, from dralishalee8@yahoo.com.hk

Quote:
THE JAPAN LOTTERY PROMOTION
PROMOTION/PRIZE AWARD
DEPT KENNEDY AVENUE
65 EXCHANGE ROAD,ORTIGAS BUILDING
JAPAN.

PROMOTION OFFICIAL PRIZE NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded annual final draws of the Japan International Lottery Worldwide Promotion, your email was among the 20 Lucky winners who won $500, 000.00(Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars) each on the Japan Lottery Promotion dated as stated above.This is from the total price of $10 million United State Dollars shared among the 20 lucky winners.you are therefore approved for a lump payment of $500, 000.00(Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars)

However the results were released today and your email attached to ticket number (343-221-8756) and ballot serial number (454-17) was among the winners.The online draws was conducted by a random selection of email addresses from an exclusive list of 290,600 E-mail addresses of individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer search from the internet. However, no tickets were sold but all email addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers for representation and privacy.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection machine (TOPAZ) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world.

This Lottery is approved by the Japanese Gaming Board and also Licensed by the The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).This lottery is the 3rd of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public.

As indicated by the computerized selection machine,your lucky winning number falls within our Asia booklet representative office in HONG KONG/CHINA as showed in the coupon.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential until your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize.

This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program.

In other to claim your $500,000.00 prize winning,which has been deposited
in a nominated bank with your email address which won you the prize.However,you will have to fill the form below and send it to the promotion manager of THE JAPAN LOTTERY PROMOTION for verification and then you will be directed to the bank where a cheque of $500, 000.00 has already been deposited in your favour.

NAME:..........................

SEX:................

ADDRESS: (RESIDENT ADDRESS ONLY)...............................

EMAIL:.....................................

PHONE:...............................

AMOUNT WON........................

Please you are adviced to complete the form and send it immediately to our Promotion manager through email for prompt collection of your fund

(CONTACT PROMOTION MANAGER)

NAME: DR MRS ALISHA LEE

E MAIL: dralishalee8@yahoo.com.hk

PHONE: +86 13434431623

You are to keep all the lotto information away from the general public
especially your ticket number and ballot number.(this is important as a case of double claiming will not be entertained)

*Staff of Japanese International Lottery Company are not to partake in this Lottery.

Accept my hearty congratulations once again!

Yours faithfully,

MR WILLIAM E.B
(VICE PRESDENT FINANCE)

[qcemubr0f0f]
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
Paxton
Cobblers!

NAME: DR MRS ALISHA LEE - classic.

They also wish to sensitise the public. If they want to convince the plebs, they need better writers.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably a coincidence, Just checked my spam folder and have the exact same email, and I haven't filled out any online stuff at all recently.
gz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

congratulations on your win
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
mattl
Live Life To Full BOOOST!

I better not have that! I'll check now..i also stupidly *DOH!* used my correct details on the application form yesterday for e-insurance, I'll check now!

Edit: Nope, not there! Phew..

2004 BAII XR6T - Lowered, Exhaust, Tint, Flash Tune, K&N Filter..what next? :

PREVIOUS CARS:

2000 Ford Falcon AUII Forte - Exhaust, lowered & tint

MK III Ford Cortina - Completely Stock!
mattl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post