Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
ozyute

Default water in door

hi guys just purchased new 3 door fiesta (black)
my wife really likes the car however when driving, can hear sound of liquid moving around. have discovered water in passenger side door (a lot of water)have drained to best of my ability. will be taking car back to ford dealership to ask why water did not drain out by it self and to see if it will be an ongoing issue. want dealer to put in writing of water problem in case of future rust occuring. car is a 07 model has been siting out in open for a while.still water should not be in door. has any body else heard of similiar problem any help would be appreciated
regards daryl

ozyute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #2
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Sounds like the drain plugs are blocked, or never installed

Sorry had to laugh when reading this, I can only imagine your reaction when the Mrs first tried to explain the noise to you..

Time to buy her a goldfish!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
ozyute

thanks mate, it was a trying time with her thoughts on what the problem was
and my trying to desifer what she was trying to get across.
my main concern was long term rust.
Old 31-03-2008, 01:57 AM   #4
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

I don't have water in my door. But sometimes after rainy days, on the driver's side, I have some water build up on the door sill so that when I open my door it all flushes out onto the road.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #5
theostheone

Eyy,

Ive had the same problem with mine and it mainly only happens after it has been raining.

I think the problem is that the drain holes to the door are blocked. If you have a look at the rubber seal running around the perimeter of the door, on the bottom if you carefully remove the rubber seal there will be some holes where the water comes out of. I think these holes just need to be unblocked. Maybe try using a skewer.

I always have my windows open (sometimes even when it is raining) and water etc goes down the slit where the glass comes out of the door. Ive had about 1 litre of water in the door and i didnt realise until i had the stereo turned down pulling into a driveway. Thats when i heard it. But i toolk the seal off the bottom of the door and shook the door a few times and it all drained out.
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #6
fiesta8u

I had the same problem with mine, if you open the door and look underneath, you will see like a little slit on the edge, get a flathead screwdriver or something and open it up abit, did the job for me .....
fiesta8u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
ozyute

Default thanks everyone

thanks everyone for your reply,s will fix problem asap
had mirrors, door handles, side protection strips and rear strip painted black to match rest of car. very happy with result looking forward to other little add ons. (ute has been put to side for a little while)
rgards daryl
Old 02-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #8
nrl_bulldogs
Starter Motor

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? Thinking about colour coding in the near future.
nrl_bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
ozyute

Default paint cost

paint cost $400
will try and post up some photo,s
regards daryl