Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #31
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

It is an issue but sadly one that is not going to get solved easily. I dislike having to concentrate on what they are saying when you sick. Its even worse when you get some dipstick seeing your disabled child who has no idea of what he is treating and continously asks the child who cannot speak what the matter is. By that stage I walk out and not pay.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #32
XW_GS
Paulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Beaver
It is an issue but sadly one that is not going to get solved easily. I dislike having to concentrate on what they are saying when you sick. Its even worse when you get some dipstick seeing your disabled child who has no idea of what he is treating and continously asks the child who cannot speak what the matter is. By that stage I walk out and not pay.

ooooooooo that friggin adds fuel to this lil boys fire!!! thats when i would get "vocal"......... :jab:

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
XW_GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #33
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Nah not paying hurts them worse. Otherwise you end up losing your voice.
Old 19-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #34
XW_GS
Paulie

hahaha very true

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
XW_GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #35
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
maybe there wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't so hard to get into med?

I know many smart people who have been rejected. Surely making more spaces available and lowering the grades a bit wouldn't be a problem.

I sure as hell know id rather a Australian trained doctor even if they had lower marks than a foreign imported doctor.
Yeah I'm with you on that one Gaz. I too know of many kids who have a science/medical background, are bright young things and want to be doctors but cant get a go. They would make great Doctors too. Quite often their places are filled by others who had no real desire to be a doctor but sseing as they did so well at school and got the marks in their first degree, hell why not have a go and see if they like it or not.

If there is a reall shortage change the entry requirements so that those who have the passion and desire for this vocation get a go!
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #36
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

I think they did change the entry requirements a number of years ago and there was a stink kicked up then. They changed to The entrant having had to do a science degree first then finishing of in med school Or something to that effect. The complaint was that they where only going to get people who where interested in the money not the actual doctoring side of things. So it looks like they where right.
Old 27-03-2008, 02:54 AM   #37
pta78
Starter Motor

I work at a hospital updating patients' details before they have an operation. They then have to see the Nurse to tell them what they have to do before comming into hospital, and then see the Doctor who was doing the operation.
I interviewed this older man and then he went to the nurse who took his blood presure and ECG and explained the operation, and then he had to see the doctor.
This day it was a female Asian Doctor. She came storming out of the room and said to me that she was going to refer the patient to a Psychiatrist because he just sits there and doesn't answer her questions. She said he was mentally disturbed. The nurse then said there was nothing wrong with this man and he doesn't need to see anyone. She spoke with such an accent and spoke so fast he couldn't understand her. Most older people cannot understand when these doctors have strong accents, both Asian and Indian, and it is not fair that they have to see doctors that cannot speak clear English. :
pta78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2008, 04:06 AM   #38
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCURRY
In all seriousness this is a real issue in a lot of developed nations. In the UK, the NHS is a wreck, despite the horror stories we have seen in the papers recently, things here are still a lot better here.

The skilled workers shortage isnt just in the field of Medicine either, its virtually in every sector.

I am not very confident that the trend will reverse, precisely because of the reasons you provided.

The one consolation, if we can call it that is, overseas doctors HAVE to pass an Australian exam before being given their license to practice medicine here, and the exams are in the main, helping to weed out those who are unqualified.
I spent most of Easter trying to get a very bad illness sorted , finally Saturday I was attended to by a Russian woman Dr , the hospital ( Qld) had no bed but she ( the Dr) was fantastic and one of the best trained I have ever experienced , still not in hospital but will be and with her help managed to make it through the long weekend with out further massive pain ..
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post