Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #31
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Did a google search on this and this is what came up:

---------------------------------------------------------
The troubles of Ford Motors are real. According to media reports, Ford's CEO met with Toyota's chairman last week in Japan, in a sign that Alan Mulally may be looking to the Japanese rival for answers to the U.S. auto maker's problems.

The M&A market rushed at the news and tried to the real meaning of this report. According to some analysts, the merger may make sense. It will put GM into a bigger challenge. Toyota needs a domestic partner in US to avoid backlash from GM and Ford’s collapsing sales in America.

Ford’s problems can very well be answered by Toyota. Sooner or later Toyota and other foreign car manufacturers will be asked to play in level playing fields. The legacy tax that cripples Ford and GM will have to shared by the auto makers selling cars in the US.

Toyota is looking at the scenario and is open to the scenario of acquiring Ford and making it a low profit center while Toyota keeps going on its rampage on GM and others.

Having said this though...When you put in Toyota to buy Ford into google, it also comes up with Toyota to buy Subaru. So who knows!! Sounds like someone at Toyota is trying to increase interest and a suggested buy out or take over is the biggest way to get the public talking.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #32
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise

Having said this though...When you put in Toyota to buy Ford into google, it also comes up with Toyota to buy Subaru. So who knows!! Sounds like someone at Toyota is trying to increase interest and a suggested buy out or take over is the biggest way to get the public talking.
Toyota already own a controlling stake in Fuji Heavy Industries - Subaru's parent company.
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #33
autolover08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
I received a Toyota Hilux for work not long ago and it is now in the pits because it's gearbox commited suicide.

One of my bosses has a work Camry that isn't waterproof ie. when it rains you get water inside the cabin somehow.

Toyotas aren't built any better than any other car. If I had to buy a Japanese car it would be a Mazda as at least they make exciting products.

If Toyota bought Ford it would be a . They would end production of anything not highly profitable and more complex to manufacture ie.
No Mustang, No Rear Wheel Drive Platform, No Hurricane V8.

If you want to see the Falcon based on a Mondeo and mass-produced in China than by all means celebrate a Toyota takeover.

I couldn't agree with you more on this. I work in the auto industry and i wouldn't say Toyota are head and shoulders above any other make anymore :togo: like they used to be...

I'd buy a mazda first also, similar reputation but far more exciting to look at and DRIVE.
autolover08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise

The troubles of Ford Motors are real. According to media reports, Ford's CEO met with Toyota's chairman last week in Japan, in a sign that Alan Mulally may be looking to the Japanese rival for answers to the U.S. auto maker's problems.

The M&A market rushed at the news and tried to the real meaning of this report. According to some analysts, the merger may make sense. It will put GM into a bigger challenge. Toyota needs a domestic partner in US to avoid backlash from GM and Ford’s collapsing sales in America.

Ford’s problems can very well be answered by Toyota. Sooner or later Toyota and other foreign car manufacturers will be asked to play in level playing fields. The legacy tax that cripples Ford and GM will have to shared by the auto makers selling cars in the US.

Toyota is looking at the scenario and is open to the scenario of acquiring Ford and making it a low profit center while Toyota keeps going on its rampage on GM and others.

A technical partnership in development of hybrid products is more likely, Toyota won't buy into Ford and Ford don't need to, its just going to take a bit more time to get back into the red.

Since GM, BMW and Mercedes have joined together to create hybrid drives I think Ford would be looking to someone to join up with to push forward their hybrid development, and who better than Toyota to do that.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #35
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Bill Ford said a couple of years ago he would burn the place down before they merged with Toyota.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #36
krt10
eskyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Doug
What is the problem with a recall? If they're addressing a known problem that must be a positive. I've got a list as long as my arm of problems with my series 2 GT. Common problems well known to Ford. Not only don't Ford launch recalls for them, but sometimes it seems they must train their service departments how to plead ingnorant too.

I've owned as many new Toyotas as new Fords, and I must say that Toyota's finish, quality, and service leaves Ford in the dust. When did you buy your last new Toyota?

I can't see it happening, but if it did, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

believe it or not i work for toyota and i wouldnt buy one my self.

i understand that it is inevitable that there will be recalls but it seems to be on almost every model.
rear axel recall for prado
front brake rotor bolt recall for land cruisers
bonnet recall for hilux
dimmer switch recall for camry
steering collom recall for prius

yes its good that toyota are addressing the issues but they should be picked up in the extensive testing done before realising the car.

the reason toyota are so strong is that they are listining to the consumers and building cars that suit what they want not telling the consumer what they want like ford and GM are.

unfornutaly the bulk of the market want bland uninteresting cars.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:48 PM   #37
f250brains
Starter Motor

it goes to show none of you should be worried because unless ur in the loop you never know and you are not even close yes ford america is in money trouble due to henry fords decisions in the 60s-70s but ford world wide is stronger than ever & evey company has plans and so far ford world wide is pulling them off so stop talking sh it toyota will still keep producing cheap low quality cars and ford will still keep pushing forward
f250brains is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #38
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
Whats wrong with Toyota?
Evrrything. lol
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 07:49 PM   #39
ELtim
Six One Eight

I can't see it happening.

For Sale: Year Old Gas System
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2644272#post2644272
ELtim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #40
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Bunch of freakin bollux if you ask me!! Won't happen!! Simple as that.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #41
Wardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO
If that were to happen, I'd jump on the Holden bandwagon. (If they start the mass import of asian models em too I'm gonna be all over Euro)
Like the Daewoo Barina, Deawoo Epica and Daewoo Captiva?