Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #91
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

edit: never mind.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #92
InTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO83
I'm not sure? How Australian is Ford and the Falcon?? :P

Noticed when I changed the oil a few weeks ago, the genuine Ford (Motorcraft) filter was made in Thailand......
Seems like a lot of local suppliers have ended up going under lately; and not just Ford's suppliers.
InTrail is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #93
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveR6
I was merely giving you examples of the effort ford has gone into in recent years. As your first post clearly stated that apparently ford doesn't seem to make much effort. And yet you still haven't answered me, instead of just complaining please tell us what exactly is it that you expect from ford? What should they do differently exactly?
I wasnt so much saying Ford don't make any effort, more so they are doing things that have less appeal (and I'm sure many would agree). IMO the FG could have had a better exterior, they could have spruced up the last batch of fairlanes, they should have kept the Fairmont name instead of dropping it and giving the new breed the stupid "FG" designation, FPV shouldnt have dropped the Typhoon/Tornado name, shouldnt of made a lame Territory, shouldnt have kept the previous model rims on a new model car, and why only a 5KW increase on the I6 N/A for a new model? (hopefully its alot more fuel efficent than the BA/BF I6 to make up for this) And judging by the way FPV have been doing things Im sure we wont see a big increase in power with the 8's (I hope they prove me very wrong). These are the things that I wish were done differently and I'm sure there were reasons why things were done the way they were but as it stands these arent things that will make me say job well done. Although on the other hand I think the fairmont replacement seems to be a gem as well as the new look FPV models
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #94
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
I wasnt so much saying Ford don't make any effort, more so they are doing things that have less appeal (and I'm sure many would agree). IMO the FG could have had a better exterior, they could have spruced up the last batch of fairlanes, they should have kept the Fairmont name instead of dropping it and giving the new breed the stupid "FG" designation, FPV shouldnt have dropped the Typhoon/Tornado name, shouldnt of made a lame Territory, shouldnt have kept the previous model rims on a new model car, and why only a 5KW increase on the I6 N/A for a new model? (hopefully its alot more fuel efficent than the BA/BF I6 to make up for this) And judging by the way FPV have been doing things Im sure we wont see a big increase in power with the 8's (I hope they prove me very wrong). These are the things that I wish were done differently and I'm sure there were reasons why things were done the way they were but as it stands these arent things that will make me say job well done. Although on the other hand I think the fairmont replacement seems to be a gem as well as the new look FPV models
Sprucing up the Fairlane would of been pointless. They're finished.

Does it matter that the base model I6 only got a 5kw increase? Its not a performance car. Still outpowers Commodore V6 and more efficient.

FPV isnt just gonna jack up the GT by 100kw. Both FPV and HSV only increase by small amounts each model. W427 is irrelevant.

I do agree about the Territory but I'm not buying one so I dont really care.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 02:11 AM   #95
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
It's not all about kw. Ford have the ability to make a 400kw V8 but they dont for a number of reasons which I wont go into. The FG may only have a 5kw increase the i6 but it is much more refined than the BF. We dont all drive our cars at 5000rpm where the peak power is. You will find that mid range power is much better than BF especially in the V8. Maybe you should wait untill you drive one before you start baging it, you will be suprised. If all you want is power go buy youself a big block, supercharge it and stick it in you EA.
On the Fairlane topic, why would Ford spend hundreds of thousands to "spruced up the last batch of Fairlanes" to sell a handfull more. The biggest customer for Fairlanes and LTD were the government and Taxi companys and they would not be interested.
What is wrong with the FG designation, would you prefer that Ford still used 'model T'.
If Ford didn't make the "lame Territory" I assume you are talking about F6x, you would be asking why not.