Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default acceptable wait for customer service

how long would you wait , my brother asked me to give him a lift to a bike shop /warehouse which i did, brother showed me the bike he was going to buy he had already spoken to the guy during the week so the deal was done it was going to be a cash sale, 5 or 10 minutes walk in walk out (it should have been), anyway the girl behind the counter was very nice and said a guy should be there in 5 minutes .......no worries my brother replies, 20 minutes goes past she is busy talking to customers our eyes are looking around looking to see if the guy is around, we understand he`s probably flat out, shop girl looks up see`s us still standing there and calls shop bloke you have customers waiting ....yep he says, 30 minutes more goes past shop boy milling around still on mobile phone .........ok thats enough brother says .... he does`nt want my money, we left in disgust on the way home we were discussing the lack of customer service everywere these days , my brother said ah well if i`m gunna get no customer service i might as well get a bike off the net........after about 20 minutes he found one better speced for 100$ cheaper, this sorta stuff seems to happen pretty often these days, in my book nearly an hour waiting to get served is just crap, it reminds me of trying to get service from a bank or a telco on the phone bloody automated crap......anyone else ahve a similar experience?

mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah well, it's their loss then! whilst to them its just another sale, to you its a big thing so unless they can realise that, stuff em!
Old 23-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep thats right, if the guy had of said mate i`m flat out give us your number i call you when to come in it would have been no problem.
Old 23-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate, you've got nothing, move to Tas, it's 10times worse than the mainland
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
Kryton

funny thing about customer service.
when you want help, you cant get it, when you dont want help, youve got it.

id rather stand around for 5 minutes and have a look than being pounced on the second i walk into a shop.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

was the salesman with another customer? or just wasting time?

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he was`nt with anyone but was milling around while on the mobile.
Old 24-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #8
reece1
reece1

he dont deserve your money, should have told him that too.he could have atleast acknoledged you
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #9
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Time is money, hence, i dont wait for no-one. I know what i want and thats why i have gone there in the first place. If i dont get prompt service, i know where the door is and i go elsewhere.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #10
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I do that with my doctors....if they are more than 15mins late...I bill them for my time. I have been paid a few times too but I tell you what...I no longer wait to see my docs...I go straight in.

They are providing me with a service, keeping me waiting is not good service. In some cases it is understandable that they are running late, medical emergencies etc...and as long as I am told how long the wait is going to be, then I don't mind. When you get good service you don't mind paying for it!!

My time is just as important as theirs!
Old 24-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #11
IDT
Marko

Come to WA or Wait Awhile as we call it here. I have been all over Australia and about half a dozen other countries and nothing comes close to being this poor
Old 24-02-2008, 01:14 AM   #12
DaveGod
Your not Ron

Used to work in retail. It all depends on how the company treats its workers. If they are treated *insert swear word*, you will be treated *insert swear word*. Trust me.
Old 24-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #13
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGod
Used to work in retail. It all depends on how the company treats its workers. If they are treated *insert swear word*, you will be treated *insert swear word*. Trust me.
I disagree. No matter how much of a A-HOLE management is, it is the customers dollars that keep you in a job at the end of the day. Its the workers that make a business, not the knob upstairs.
Old 24-02-2008, 02:08 AM   #14
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgEA
I disagree. No matter how much of a A-HOLE management is, it is the customers dollars that keep you in a job at the end of the day. Its the workers that make a business, not the knob upstairs.
Mate, have you ever worked in Retail? Your average grunt with a bad boss, bad pay, isn't going to give 2 proverbials about giving good customer service... A grunt that is treated well on the other hand, is more likely to actually give a damn about what they are doing...
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 02:12 AM   #15
DaveGod
Your not Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgEA
What you say is exactly right. It is the workers that make a business not the knob upstairs. But in the case above, due to the worker (possible due to management) where was the sale?
Old 24-02-2008, 02:15 AM   #16
DaveGod
Your not Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tumpy
Mate, have you ever worked in Retail? Your average grunt with a bad boss, bad pay, isn't going to give 2 proverbials about giving good customer service... A grunt that is treated well on the other hand, is more likely to actually give a damn about what they are doing...
Thats right, if that worker had of been treated a bit better then the brother would have walked out with a bike. Although on some rare occasions you can be just worked off your feet and cannot get to everyone (even in best case senario were your a happy lil worker), and therefore people will walk out upset.
Old 24-02-2008, 02:19 AM   #17
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
I hear you mate and Yes i have worked in retail. I have also dealt with clients such as Ford and Delphi. Through these transactions i have found that no matter what issues i had with my employer, i had no trouble. When it comes to retail, the attitude of the individual will make sales.
Old 24-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #18
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

ebay is the worst for customer service most dont even reply to your emails, maccas is bs aswell i will never eat from maccas bad cs. supercheap auto is another they usually have 15 year old girls who dont have a clue what your talking about when trying to find somthing, and surfers paradise never go thier again after the bad cs their our el fairmont was hit by a dopey overly tanned brunette in a land cruiser and her insurance company amp wich is operated by suncorp only just got our car in to be fixed gio took our paperwork over when we got back to melbourne its taken nearly 3 months to be repaired and we just got word from lalor smash repairs that thier waiting on primer wtf. go to bayford paint and get some ffs. the missus car has been in the panel shop for nearly 3 weeks now its a bloody joke, so yeah insurance companys take the cake for me.
Old 24-02-2008, 11:53 PM   #19
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

i went looking for some carpet mats for home a few years ago in Maroochydore. saterday morning i walked into this big new carpet shop owned buy "hardly normal" and looked around for a while, there was nobody at the counter but there were 3 workers/ employees sitting on a roll of carpet down the back in full view of the counter.

after looking all through the shop and finaly finding what i was after i rolled the carpets up and took them to the counter..........................waited for someone to come and take my cash............waited some more.............waited a bit longer....?????
was getting pretty pi??ed off by now as it was after 12 and all the other carpet shops would be closed ( this lot were open till 2.30pm ). after waiting at the counter for 25 minutes and knowing that they knew i was there i walked out and left a pile of carpets sitting on the counter for them to put away.

they lost an easy sale worth a couple of hundred dollars, had to repack their carpets and i told lots of people about the great service.
good way for them to get their new shop established in a very compedative town.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #20
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
was the salesman with another customer? or just wasting time?
Shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. Often a customer will just want to be acknowledge. Simply excusing yourself from the current customer and notifying the new one that you will be a while. Will do the trick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGod
That has nothing to do with it. You get paid to do a job, if you don't like your manager, leave.

Quote:
I have worked in customer service over 10 years, regardless of my boss I always offered great customer service, this is what my fortnightly pay was for!!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #21
DaveGod
Your not Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. Often a customer will just want to be acknowledge. Simply excusing yourself from the current customer and notifying the new one that you will be a while. Will do the trick.
That has nothing to do with it. You get paid to do a job, if you don't like your manager, leave.

I have worked in customer service over 10 years, regardless of my boss I always offered great customer service, this is what my fortnightly pay was for!!
Yea your right, you get paid to job, and i did end up quitting because of the tossers known as management. And in my case it all came to end after 2 1/2 years, 2 years of which i was a very hard loyal worker. The other 6 months was the decline in work quality and customer service due to being treated like a disposable nappy, in fact the whole store was told this very fact. But its not as simply as 1 day being a happy worker then the next day your not so you quit. Its transitional, maybe thats what happened to your service, who knows. But you say you have worked in retail for 10 years, you should know all about the different situations and workers and have an understanding. Call me a pessimist, but when i walk into a large department store these days i dont expect the most speedy A grade service.
Old 25-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #22
bob^
LPS

I walked into Strathfield to buy a phone. I wanted my new one that day, and I already tried all the other phone shops, so they were my last resort.
One bloke was with a customer (that's fair enough), the other bloke was on the phone. I thought he was on the phone to a customer for a minute, then realised he was just talking to someone he knows.
I was in there for about 5-10 minutes just looking at him, walking around in a circle, then just looking at him again. It wasn't until the other bloke who was with a customer muttered something to him, that he hung up the phone and served me.
The only reason I waited as I wanted the phone that day, but unfortunately he didn't have any in stock. He was eager to order me one though.
What a waste of time that was. I told him I was going else where.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #23
blueprinted_xr
FPV F6E FG XR8 UTE EL XR6

the other day i wait 25 minutes in drive through at chicken treat!!!! HOW _ _ _ _ BULL _ _ _ _ IS THAT! i had to wait cause the took mymoney straight away, i had a few words to the manager after i got my food, still in the car! didnt help also that you could see 2 people just hanging round doing SFA! DONT GO TO CHICKEN TREAT KALAMUNDA WA
blueprinted_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #24
gngtho
Banned

yep was at the motor reg place thingy the other day to change my licence as i got a truck licence.

they have now fitted the place with a ticket system where there is a guy at the door askes you what you need then gives a ticket.

got my ticket and was called two mins later, but i needed to fill a form so was sent away and was told in two mins they would call my number.

well i waited for a wile then saw another guy walk in and the bloke at the door gave him the form i needed as they exchanged words then he was called got serverd as he had filled the form given to him at the dor and he left within 3 mins

i was ****ed as that morron at the door could of given me that form to.

any way i wated for 45mins then got ****ed and i approched the door bloke and asked him why he never gave me that form and my number hadn't been called all i got was you must off not herd your number been called out.

then was told he blody forgot to give me the form.

i then left went to my mothers for coffie came back got another ticket and again after half an hour i finaly get served.

what ****ed me of how can two people with the same thing to do ones get served in 3 mins and me in a total of over an hour then get served.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #25
ABoringUsername

I just vote with my feet. If i want service and i don't get it, i go somewhere else. They obviously do't want my money. Often it is how you look as well. If you look poor, they won't be interested in serving you.
ABoringUsername is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #26
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngtho
yep was at the motor reg place thingy the other day to change my licence as i got a truck licence.

they have now fitted the place with a ticket system where there is a guy at the door askes you what you need then gives a ticket.

got my ticket and was called two mins later, but i needed to fill a form so was sent away and was told in two mins they would call my number.

well i waited for a wile then saw another guy walk in and the bloke at the door gave him the form i needed as they exchanged words then he was called got serverd as he had filled the form given to him at the dor and he left within 3 mins

i was ****ed as that morron at the door could of given me that form to.

any way i wated for 45mins then got ****ed and i approched the door bloke and asked him why he never gave me that form and my number hadn't been called all i got was you must off not herd your number been called out.

then was told he blody forgot to give me the form.

i then left went to my mothers for coffie came back got another ticket and again after half an hour i finaly get served.

what ****ed me of how can two people with the same thing to do ones get served in 3 mins and me in a total of over an hour then get served.
I went to my local RTA to get the log book for when I was about to do my heavy vehicle driving test, and after walking the 2ks in the middle of the day, I sat and waited for an hour before getting my number called, only to then be told they had no log books left, and I should try another registry, or wait until they got some in.
I was doing the CBA the next day (saturday), so I had to walk 2ks home again and then hop in the car and find another registry.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #27
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

here shop people grunt at ya ,they hate us miners ! lucky if you get spoken too.