Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #1
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default XR4 in Adelaide with smoke belching out the exhaust!?

I was driving past Stillwell Ford Medinidie this morning and a silver/ charcoal (?) coloured XR4 pulled out and went down the street. No big deal except for the amount of smoke pouring out the exhaust!? I had trouble seeing the back of it through the smoke.

I'm hoping they'd put some sort of engine cleaner into it.... Grey smoke everywhere. It had the optional stripes, hopefully it doesn't belong to anyone on here?

murcod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
BlackLS
yum

Accidently put diesel into it?

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
Jess85

maybe it was the 1st time it had been driven??
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Jess.. I work in a new car dealership (Suzuki)
Trust me, new cars dont smoke like that.
New cars stink REALLY badly when they get hot for the first few times. But definately no smoke clouds.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Could be burning off excess glues and junk, but if it does it for a few kms then there's dramas.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #6
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was coming out the exhaust pipe and enough to make a "smoke screen" behind the car. I couldn't be sure it was an XR4 until it turned left because the smoke made it so hard to see the back of it.
murcod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #7
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone may have shoved some engine oil up the tail pipe with an oil can as a bit of a joke. Exhaust system gets hot, starts to burn the oil off. Works a treat and good for a laugh.

I myself have never done it ...... as I am a responsible member of the public and would never do such a thing. :evil3:

Or the engine could just be rooted. If it was an XR5, I would be looking at the turbo.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #8
whooligan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like its been given the wrong juice, or something a lot more major. It states to use premium unleaded, but there are a lot of stupid people out there who'll chuck any old crap in their cars. I was at the petrol station the other day and some housewife in a big 4WD was pumping it with that ethonol crap. When I pointed it out, she told me to F*#k off.....and in front of the kiddies as well. Made me laugh, anyway.
whooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post