Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-09-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Default Quick question about criminal history.

I have a friend who has begun a relationship with a new fella that is not exactly forthcoming about his recent criminal history..... because of my own concerns is there any way to legally find out a persons criminal history?

Jason

Old 17-09-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I do believe that anything done as a minor is sealed, but anything done as an adult is pretty much public record, contact a private investigator they have contacts in the right places.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or go FOI.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
fmc351
let it burn

I would think for private citizens, no, its personal information. Unless he signs a release for a criminal history check, like for employment checks.

If he isnt forthcoming, and it concerns her, please tell me its a her, the answer is fairly obvious I would think.

If he is young, he could be full of it too, in which case the answer doesnt change IMO.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #5
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

ok thanks..... he told her he got 15mths prison time for assaulting a guy that was mistreating a woman. That doesnt add up to me... either it was more serious or he has a previous history.
I can only ask so many questions..... women in love dont often make the most sensible choices.
Old 17-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #6
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

What are you worried about?
Some of the best people I know have form,and have had a holiday or 2,
Maybe your a little ****ed she dont want you??
Anyway its none of your business either way.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #7
FordFan86
meow

ahem'

Last edited by FordFan86; 17-09-2007 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Just seen you're married... goodluck with whatever you do..
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #8
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

No need for the agro....
I'm married to her friend, she has 4 kids and I have 3 who regularly visit there. I have every right to be concerned. I'm not concerned enough yet to take it up further, this is just for my piece of mind.
I also have family and friends who have had prison stints so just back up a bit hey.
Old 17-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #9
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
What are you worried about?
Some of the best people I know have form,and have had a holiday or 2,
Maybe your a little ****ed she dont want you??
Anyway its none of your business either way.
If shes a friend, its what friends do. If the OP knows about it, and her "concern", she made it his business as a friend. But yeah, dont get too involved. Anything the OP says wont help, all you can do is let her talk to you, and work it out for herself. Anything you say will come back at you. Just keep your distance from both. Sounds like a headache you dont need.

But based on the last post by the OP, Id say the person in question is full of it and probably never seen the inside of a lockup, let alone jail, and she likes the excitement. A wannabe. Maybe he spent time in a 'boys home' for dumb 5hit and thats his story.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #10
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb_5litre
No need for the agro....
I'm married to her friend, she has 4 kids and I have 3 who regularly visit there. I have every right to be concerned. I'm not concerned enough yet to take it up further, this is just for my piece of mind.
I also have family and friends who have had prison stints so just back up a bit hey.
In my experience getting involved in other peoples relationships is lose lose.. nothing you do will make a difference if she wants him and you will end up the bad guy.
I do understand this situation,as I have had a good friend murdered by a looser,nothing I or any of our group of friends said made a difference,all that happened is she moved away and the rest is history.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #11
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Yeah i'm not taking it further, my wife has voiced concerns to her and ive told my wife to just be mindful around him.
I just thought there might have been some sort of registry.
Old 17-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #12
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
If shes a friend, its what friends do. If the OP knows about it, and her "concern", she made it his business as a friend. But yeah, dont get too involved. Anything the OP says wont help, all you can do is let her talk to you, and work it out for herself. Anything you say will come back at you. Just keep your distance from both. Sounds like a headache you dont need.

But based on the last post by the OP, Id say the person in question is full of it and probably never seen the inside of a lockup, let alone jail, and she likes the excitement. A wannabe. Maybe he spent time in a 'boys home' for dumb 5hit and thats his story.
He has actually been in and is on parole at the moment. He didnt want to go into detail which sounds suss to me.... anyways I got an answer to my question so i'll leave it at that.

Thanks guys.