Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #31
james22
With da Warlords

Thanks for your help with the spare parts people, I'll get onto a few of them and see if I can knock this price down some.

Done about 900km on the weekend, hence why I felt like a monkey yesterday lol. Wore the brakes on the rear of the bike, right down to nothing on my way back home. It had screw all to start with, but their buggered now.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #32
rick'o
Car Slut

You should only really be using the rear brakes as a stability measure anyway, unless under extreme stopping situations?

The fronts are much more effective and you'd be very hard pressed to do endo's or anything, if that's a concern ;)

Best of luck riding, though. No feeling like it.

R
rick'o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Two points.
1) replacing an integral component like a brake disk with a secong hand unit is a bit brave. Make sure brake failure was not the reason the donor was destroyed.
2) BMW is an acronym for Bring More Wallets, get used to it.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #34
james22
With da Warlords

Motohansa, does an exchange for $325, thats starting to become a bit more practical. I just need to find out if its new or wrecked etc. Do you think this is more practical, or am I skating on ice. I don't want to skimp on brakes, especially on a 260kg bike lol

As for the brake balance, yes i realise the front has double the braking efficiency, but it does not feel real comfortable or safe using 95% front to %5 rear braking, when decelerating from 100kph if you know what I mean.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 04-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #35
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

The comfortable part of the equation comes with the fact that the rear brake is more effective in controlling the suspension when hard braking rather than its actual retardation power.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #36
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
I have just ordered one of the new F800ST's. Twin cylinder with a belt drive. 3 to 4 month wait on delivery though. I have heard stories of the K100's doing 200,000 plus MILES with no problems. You will love it!!
Gearboxes and final drive are the major breaking point with the K bikes, and this ends up being expensive. Be nice to the gearbox, the Germans still haven't learn how to make one.

You will love the F800 Outbackjack, it almost has a gearbox that works which is as close to BMW have got yet :-> Good fun bike they are, can prove quite a weapon in the tight stuff too. Nice touches of practicality that would make living with it a pleasant experience. I am sure you will enjoy it immensely.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #37
VSSII

I bought a male/female bullet connector plug from Jaycar which I fitted to my charger and the batteries of my bikes (WR250 and ZX9R) They just tuck under the seat. When they're stored in the garage I park and plug them in. The charger is able to be left on 24/7 and won't overcharge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg productLarge_8326.jpg (8.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg productLarge_9543.jpg (28.2 KB, 52 views)
VSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #38
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Two points.
1) replacing an integral component like a brake disk with a secong hand unit is a bit brave. Make sure brake failure was not the reason the donor was destroyed.
2) BMW is an acronym for Bring More Wallets, get used to it.......
I thought it stood for Bloody Money Waster. Didn't stop me though, I collect my R1200GS Adventurer tomorrow at 3pm. :
Old 06-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #39
james22
With da Warlords

^^^
post up piccies when you pick her up. So how many do you have now?

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 06-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #40
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
^^^
This will be #5, however the ST1300ABS I have is for sale.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #41
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
^^^
Just got her home James. You wouldn't believe it, no rain in Adelaide for weeks and I get a 5 minute drenching on the way home through the hills. :

More pics here.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...36#post1701136
Old 07-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #42
james22
With da Warlords

Nice man, I gotta find my camera lol. Mine doesnt look anything as hot like that, but I like the girl anyway. You gonna take her out on the weekend?

P.S I know what you mean with the rain. Last Friday when I picked mine up it hadn't rained for at least 6-7 weeks, the second I sign the paperwork and jump on the bike it hammered down. Scary thing was, it has brand spankin new rubber, and the tyres arent worn in yet. Made for a scary trip round oil covered slick as owl s%it roundabouts in this town.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun