Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up The new BOURNE movie

Well I get to see this movie, The Bourne Ultimatum, last night at a special screening.
Really, really good.
Some fantastic in close fight scenes, I felt bug gered after each fight and I was only watching it.
Another awesome car chase with some imaginative stunts and realistic too, not cars miraculously flying when they crash like other movies.

Whats with that, haven't film directors ever seen a car crash. When a car runs into another car it crashes, not grow wings, fly, do a flip, a role and a half pike with a twist.

Anway, in the words of Molly Meldrum "Do ya self a favour... go see this movie".

Old 29-08-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Second one was a bit of a let down, but its worth a look see! Car chases and odd weapons (pen etc) were a strong point of the last two, as long as theres more of these I'll be happy. lol
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

Hmm might have to see the first ones but im deff. going to see this one

-SHIFTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
geeves can you pass the toothpicks please, i have some rice stuck between my teeth.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwley93
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
SHIFTN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fantastic_Ford
Second one was a bit of a let down, but its worth a look see! Car chases and odd weapons (pen etc) were a strong point of the last two, as long as theres more of these I'll be happy. lol
It was? By far the best action series imo. I thought the second built up strong after the first. Really looking forward to the third.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

The movies by themselves are fine but they are nothing like and do not compare to the books. The Bourne Identity and Supremacy were fantastic books but the Bourne Ultimatum book wasn't so good.

Either way the bourne movies are usually fairly good but I do recommend everyone read the books.
Old 29-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
trent
Starter Motor

I managed to see it last night too, great flick....had to cram the previous two Bourne flicks in before-hand, but well worth it.
trent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
myxr6
Banned

Bit of a shame they are nothing like the books though.
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #8
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
It was? By far the best action series imo. I thought the second built up strong after the first. Really looking forward to the third.
It was more polished than the first, but it was just a bit of clone to me. Good flick, but it just has a certain something missing (imo)

Im told the books are pretty good, must get round to reading them at some point.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #9
winovin

I found it disappointing - I am not a fan of the director's style. Too many jerky hand held sequences, the fight scenes were drawn out and unrealistic. I thought Die Hard 4.0 was much better.
winovin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2007, 01:14 AM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by winovin
I found it disappointing - I am not a fan of the director's style. Too many jerky hand held sequences, the fight scenes were drawn out and unrealistic. I thought Die Hard 4.0 was much better.
Ditto!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #11
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
....not cars miraculously flying when they crash like other movies.

Whats with that, haven't film directors ever seen a car crash. When a car runs into another car it crashes, not grow wings, fly, do a flip, a role and a half pike with a twist.....
Blues Brothers special!!!

Movies are supposed to be fantasy - if you want real life, watch the news.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #12
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

Im a BIG fan of all 3, the third one was awesome, i loved it.
Old 30-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #13
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been waiting to see this movie for like 8 months now. All booked in for 7.30 tonight. I'm shaking like a leaf.
Old 30-08-2007, 04:14 PM   #14
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by winovin
I enjoyed Die Hard 4.0 too, but come on, more realistic, with jet planes flying along the freeway and he manages to jump onto it, sure.
Oh, and bringing down a helicopter with a car, yeah right.
In Bourne the whole point of the jerky camera movements was the director wanted to make you feel like you were right there in amongst it, not sitting way back in a grandstand as an observer.
Anyway some people are gonna like it and some aren't, depends on what you like, so I want start an arguement.
Just enjoy it for what it is, entertainment. It got a far star rating by the critic in the paper today and I agree with him.
Old 30-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #15
winovin

I didn't say that Die Hard 4.0 was more realistic than Bourne Supremacy, just that Die Hard was better, and that Bourne Ultimatum was unrealistic.
winovin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #16
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Saw it today and LOVED it. One thing I never quite understood though. When a female tags along, they always cut and dye their hair, but ole Jason always keeps his look exactly the same.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2007, 11:10 PM   #17
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just seen at thought it was awesome just as the first 2 were!!
Old 31-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #18
Duke
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter

Either way the bourne movies are usually fairly good but I do recommend everyone read the books.

Books you say eh.... Aren't movies just like big magical books, but you don't have to turn the pages?