Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #31
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

As much as i would love a game with the size and scope of turismo to actually be released as a simulator, rather than an arcade game, i know its not going to happen.

But that also sits well with me. Im a BIG fan of "hmm, just gotta scratch my leg and... woops, CRASH, hmmm... car is dead, oh well there goes a 60 minute race"... but its also good to have quality sound, graphics and car choice to kick back on the lounge with some mates and pass the controller around.

Lol, leave the ultra realistic stuff for boring boffins like me on the PC... for the PS3, something that looks/sounds good and is a lot of fun.
Old 27-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #32
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
As much as i would love a game with the size and scope of turismo to actually be released as a simulator, rather than an arcade game, i know its not going to happen.

But that also sits well with me. Im a BIG fan of "hmm, just gotta scratch my leg and... woops, CRASH, hmmm... car is dead, oh well there goes a 60 minute race"... but its also good to have quality sound, graphics and car choice to kick back on the lounge with some mates and pass the controller around.

Lol, leave the ultra realistic stuff for boring boffins like me on the PC... for the PS3, something that looks/sounds good and is a lot of fun.
Completely agree. Then they can crap on about their graphics card aswell.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 06:04 PM   #33
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
I hated the physics in GT4. Very unrealistic. Lets hope #5 is better.
Did you turn off all the driver aids, eg ESP and VSA? Stupid q but you'd be surprised how many people don't know about that and what a difference it makes
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #34
AEF_Silver94
Falcon obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I think with the way things are going at the moment, the PS2 will be dead by the end of the year. Certainly next year at the most.

The last significant game I can remember for the PS2, was Scarface.

Although NFS: Pro Street is coming out, I think the PS2's days are coming to a close.
God of war 2

The ps2 will probbaly outlive the xbox360, 118+ mill sold, if a developer sells a game to 1% of that audience, big bux, every major release game,well most, are released as following

ps3,xbox360,pc,Ps2, sometimes Wii.

The Ps2 has many years to go, its still outselling the ps3 and xbox360 combined.

And regarding Forza 2, its a nice game, but The Forza series is just the Imitator, I have much more fun in Gran turismo 4 then Forza, originals are the best. BUT having Forza around pushes Polyphony to make Gran Turismo 5 much more better, its a win win for us lol.

Also i didnt want damage in any Gran Turismo game, im one of those drivers who likes watching replays,taking pictures in photomode, i HATE damage when stupid AI hit u and deform your car making it look like garbage, aka V8 Supercars 3, i WISH there was an option to turn off Damage. This is Gran Turismo not destruction Derby, i race to win not to play bumper cars.
AEF_Silver94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #35
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
No I dont think so, but a time penalty, or not being able to pass the car you wacked until they are back on track would help. some thing like that.

Imagine doing a huge enduro, and then on the last couple of laps you have a lose and write off your car. What then? Yes its realistic that you would then lose but stuff that.

What people seem to forget is that it is a game. If it was completely realistic then it would be pointless.

edit: GT4 actually does have a penalty system but I think its in a license test or similar.

Also, if there is anymore than 10 of the one type of skyline Ill go insane.
To each their own. Slapping on time penalties or not being able to move until the guy you spun off the track overtakes you again doesn't particularly appeal to me much, either. It's not always the guy in the rear that's the cause of an accident when you're playing on the net.

I prefer my racing games to side on realistic rather than arcade but that's just me. I used to play PGR2 a lot but it was utterly annoying on the 1st corner crunch, the cars deformed but the performance was never affected. It was a lucky dip to see if you were pointed the right way after the crunch to retain a place.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #36
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

I just hope GT5 is more playable than GT4, more like GT3 was.
I bought 4 and didn't like it from the word go.
I'll be wanting plenty of practice before I lay my money down on GT5 and a PS3.

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 10:51 PM   #37
XF Falcon
[FORCED]

I must say the video in the first link, looks nice, however the physics just seems so wrong. I dunno it seems to bounce off walls and cars and it just doesnt seem like a full on simulation like other games i've played.
Old 27-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #38
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

It'll be the deciding factor on whether or not I get a ps3 sooner rather then later. If its crap I'll just wait for it to drop in price and then get one. Forza 2 for the time being will keep me occupied.

One thing I cannot stand with GT games is the hideous tyre screeching noise as if you are locking up or sliding in every corner. You can do a perfect quick lap and it sounds like crap with the unrealistc tyre screeching, even from race cars with slick tyres :S. Meh, lets hope the cars sound good atleast.
Old 28-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #39
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by martO
One thing I cannot stand with GT games is the hideous tyre screeching noise as if you are locking up or sliding in every corner. You can do a perfect quick lap and it sounds like crap with the unrealistc tyre screeching, even from race cars with slick tyres :S. Meh, lets hope the cars sound good atleast.
I think GTR2, GT Legends and Forza 2 are good examples of tyre noises. FM2 seems to come with the sound volume for tyres up a little bit but I suspect that is done on purpose to make up for some of the sensory experiences that you don't get in a virtual car (like gravity, inertia, vibration, etc).
Old 28-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #40
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Yeah, God of War II was the last awesome PS2 game, and God of War III is what will make me buy a PS3, not GT5. Conan on PS3 might sway me though.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post