Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-05-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
rob_o

Default Camry Drivers in carparks!

Anyone else had problems with these "people" ?

Today I just drivin along through a local shopping centre carpark, and i didnt see this car reversing out till like the last second. So i just tooted the horn lightly to let her know im there... And what does she do? She gets all shi++y at me and starts wavin her arms in the air etc.

Anyway, I get out to the intersection, and she pulls up behind me. I look in the mirror and shes there givin me the birdie. So I just gave her a wave and blew her some kisses.

We get out onto the main 2 laned road and go up a steep hill. I change lanes coz im getting close to a turn off, and she tries to gun it up the inside to catch up to me. I hit the gas pedal and leave her behind lol.

She eventually catches up to me and gives me a dirty look again. Just a smile and a wave to her left her even more frustrated.

I have another story related to a camry in a carpark but Ive had enough typing for today lol.

Share some of your carpark experiences...
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
460cixy
burn out king

carparks/camrys=bad news
460cixy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About 2 weeks back I was driving up to the intersection to the exit, when about a 50yo lady pulls onto the wrong side of the road in my path to pull into a park on my right.

Now usually I wouldn't care, I was 25m away and would be in the park before I got there. Even though the park was big enough to fit a 4wd in easily, it took her 4 attempts and about 2 mins to get into it, blocking my lane the whole time with no opportunity to get past. Eventually I got the craps, reversed about 75m, and went around another way.

I couldn't believe that a) she was so ignorant she couldn't let me past before she attempted to park, b) she didn't leave her nose in the park and give me time to scurry through, but nose in and back out 3 times without even thinking what was happening around her and then c) still after I reversed 75m, and found another way out 150m up the track, she was still trying to get in!

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 10:54 PM   #4
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

there is something that you need to know. pay careful attention....

ALL camry drivers are bad. not a large percentage, not a majority, but all of them.

EVERY camry driver is missing a large and important part of their brain.

you should give camrys a large berth...about 5kms should do it.

However, you need to be warned...the camry disease seems to be spreading to take in all toyotas. we all know the chaos caused by white vans, most of which are hiaces, but keep n eye out for corollas and echos. obviously, landcruisers are doubly dangerous, being both a toyota and a 4wd.

you have been warned...be careful
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:03 PM   #5
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSgerry
you should give camrys a large berth...about 5kms should do it.
i'd love too but there so damn common these days.

agree on the echo call too, there's a fair few echo drivers out there with no idea whatsoever.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:13 PM   #6
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL somehow your comments on Camry drivers are misgiuded a little.

" NOT A MAGORITY, BUT ALL OF THEM ", and your freindly little waves to the lady driver ( first post ), and before i continue i know your just havin a bt of fun,

but i own a brand new camry sport V6 as a daily driver, and mostly my daughter and some times my wife drives it to the shop, now we also own one bad *** xr8 and i would have no hesitation in rammin in straight into any one and stuffin thier day right up, that i saw takin the pis^ out of wife or daughter.

DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 12:01 AM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find mostly camry drivers are old or asian drivers. Diplomats are the WORST drivers combined with camrys lol
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 12:16 AM   #8
gtfpv
GT

my workmate is 56yrs old and he loves his camry he is greek and wouldn't hurt a fly for some reason he always gets harrassed in it the other day when he was coming to work 2 big tongans blocked him off and came to a stop he tooted , they got out and asked him to get out of his car he sat there and ignored them till they calmed down. then when he drove home that night 2 young drunk boys got out at a set of traffic lights and asked him if he is looking for any trouble he repliead no so they kicked his car. he took off and they chased him. must be a toyota thing.....
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 12:23 AM   #9
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
LOL somehow your comments on Camry drivers are misgiuded a little.

" NOT A MAGORITY, BUT ALL OF THEM ", and your freindly little waves to the lady driver ( first post ), and before i continue i know your just havin a bt of fun,

but i own a brand new camry sport V6 as a daily driver, and mostly my daughter and some times my wife drives it to the shop, now we also own one bad *** xr8 and i would have no hesitation in rammin in straight into any one and stuffin thier day right up, that i saw takin the pis^ out of wife or daughter.

just having a laugh doc.... :voldar02: : :1syellow1
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 03:39 AM   #10
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSgerry
just having a laugh doc....
Your cool bro wouldn't ram ram the xr8 into you anyway but would think about maybe usin the camry :eclipsee_

DOC
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 09:27 AM   #11
rob_o

haha yeah... considering my girlfriends mum also has a camry.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 10:44 AM   #12
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Are Camrys becoming a variation of the Volvo round here or something? :evil_laug

I have had no real probs with Camry drivers. I find ppl do stupid things in cars of all shapes and sizes, I've even seen Ford drivers do silly things.

Granted, the old ovlovs seem to have their fair share of weirdos and freaks at the wheel, but that doesn't mean they're ALL bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 11:17 AM   #13
RS79

Talking

I haven't had any trouble with camry drivers, however i did see the stupidest driver of my life in an eb fairmont last night. Trying to race me in the escy, but this poor fool doesn't realise racing is for the track.

Oh yeah there was that camry driver who backed into me when i used to work as a driver, and that camry driver who left his keys to his brand new camry in the boot... :yeees:
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 03:47 PM   #14
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

The biggest `amusement' I've found in carparks are the girl-racer econoboxes. The miniature-sized two-doors (Echo, Swift, etc) that park sideways, far left, and too far forward, despite their vehicles being 1/2 the size of the parking bay with room for a small trailer to spare

I think nice parking is a driving achievement
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post