Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-08-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
free-energy64
Free Energy Is Out There

Smile The CURE Tour

Hey, went to the Adelaide Cure concert the other night, f@#$ing AWESOME!!!!
They played for 3 hours solid no breaks other than a couple of mins between the encores.
Light show was very impressive. Sound was excellent (they had a chick mixer).
First encore they played another 3 or 4 songs, then the second encore they played 7 or 8 early songs like Jumping Someone Else's Train, Boys Don't Cry and 10:15 Saturday Night.

What can I say, top show from a band thats been around almost 30 years.

free-energy64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Later on we went to see a concert by The Cure
But sadly, 15 minutes was all that we could endure
The lead singer looked quite depressed, he looked like he was dead
Halfway through the second song we turned around and said..."What's all that about?"
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
XTGTinterceptor
Falcon Mad

I went to their concert when they last came out, An exadurated 50 encores with like heaps of time between. crap. When will Pete realize that an encore is free song after the last one on the song list? this disappearing act so he can snort a few more lines and groupie hump between songs is crap. Did every one chant for ages waiting for his return and eventually chant" boooorrrrrinnnnngggg" I was very dissapointed then and sounds like he's up to his old tricks. Dont think I will go this time.
XTGTinterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
"Later on we went to see a concert by The Cure
But sadly, 15 minutes was all that we could endure
The lead singer looked quite depressed, he looked like he was dead
Halfway through the second song we turned around and said..."What's all that about?"
Mate, The Cure based their 30 year (thus far) career on that look. And 30 years on they are still going says more than needed.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
Mr Mooch
Mr Mooch

Default Heading to see them tonight in Brissie

I am looking forward to see them tonight.
ORSMT is right Robert Smith has been playing on that look forever.
My Missus is the biggest fan and she has all their albumns so she will be out of control. She has been counting the days and is now emailing me saying how many hours to go.
I will give you my thoughts after attending.
I must admit I saw Alice Cooper a few weeks back and the first half was all new stuff, most of the crowd was oldies and once he started playing his favourites the crowd went nuts.

Mooch :evil3:
Old 08-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMT
Mate, The Cure based their 30 year (thus far) career on that look. And 30 years on they are still going says more than needed.
Mate, I wasn't bagging them.
Recited a verse from The Late Show's song, "What's all that about?" which just happened to contain something about The Cure.

The Late Show...we need more obnoxious behaviour on TV.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #7
XTGTinterceptor
Falcon Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordhoard
I went to their concert when they last came out, An exadurated 50 encores with like heaps of time between. crap. When will Pete realize that an encore is free song after the last one on the song list? this disappearing act so he can snort a few more lines and groupie hump between songs is crap. Did every one chant for ages waiting for his return and eventually chant" boooorrrrrinnnnngggg" I was very dissapointed then and sounds like he's up to his old tricks. Dont think I will go this time.

LOL OOPPS! "When will Pete realize" I mean rob,Doh! I was talking about Pete Smith on the National with Mick Malloy with my partner and then read this and replied .I had pete on the brain, Supprised you guy's diddnt pick up on it ,he he he.. It was still good what he did though just not typical of the concerts I had been too. I think Alice Cooper spoilt me.
XTGTinterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post