Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-06-2007, 10:43 PM   #31
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
This is taken from the Vic Roads own web site.
The aim of this Guide is to help you to understand the Road Rules—Victoria (“the Road
Rules”) and the way they apply to different kinds of roads, vehicles and road users.

The guide also gives information on the structure of the Road Rules.
As a matter of law, the Guide is not part of the Road Rules.

The following document entitled “Road Rules—Victoria” is published by the Roads
Corporation (“VicRoads”) to enable the contents to be adopted as law in Victoria.

The way that I read it these are not laws YET!

Here's a stupid Vic roads rule,

Television receivers and visual display units in motor vehicles
(1) A driver must not drive a motor vehicle that has a television receiver or visual
display unit in or on the vehicle operating while the vehicle is moving, or is
stationary but not parked, if any part of the image on the screen—
(a) is visible to the driver from the normal driving position; or
(b) is likely to distract another driver.
Penalty: 2 penalty units.

Would a center console unit with a clock or radio station displayed, be in breach of the "law"?
that is not just a state law check the australian design rules and you will fin a car does not comply fi the video display unit is visible to the driver unless it is for navigation as in a gps or for vehicle operation as in the display unit on a BA falcon a clock or radio is only a simple LCD and not subject to this law
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:26 AM   #32
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
God by the sounds of some of the people here you must live in cotton wool wrapped in bubble wrap" I'm never going 10 KM over" what can i say, and to G.J. Tuddy with all respect, I am one of the few that has spent thousands on making my car stop, $7100.00 on a brake up grade on my GT.
Agreed in some situations you need to exeed the speed limit by more than 10km/h, like for example when i lived in WA, passing road trains (Only 2 trailers) we would exceed the speed limit quite a bit, not to 'hoon', but if you try to pass something that long and it's doing 100-105km/h and your only doing 120km/h (10km/h over the limit) it's going to take a bloody long time on the wrong side of the road, i'd rather be passing at the speeds i did and get back on my side of the road thanks.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 03:51 AM   #33
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
God by the sounds of some of the people here you must live in cotton wool wrapped in bubble wrap" I'm never going 10 KM over" what can i say, and to G.J. Tuddy with all respect, I am one of the few that has spent thousands on making my car stop, $7100.00 on a brake up grade on my GT.
I know most people on here have, and I very much like your GT! It's more the young "stupid" drivers I guess is the way to put it.

Can I ask what brake package you have on your GT? My brakes are coming to a grinding holt, need a good package.
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #34
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
www.aussiespeedingfines.com
Check out this site it has a lot of use full information, on how to beat fines, speeding as well as parking. I know that I am never going to pay another fine, basically to get a fine, you must have committed a crime, and for a crime there must be a victim, NO VICTOM, NO CRIME!!!!!, so doing 100 in a 60 zone is not a crime, UNLESS you hit someone or something, then there is a victim, hence a crime has been committed and you can be charged, Ever been to court and heard the statement "what was he "ALLEGED" speed, It must be proven that a person was speeding, now we all know that speed cameras and radars are not accurate, in the operators manual, and the Vic police guide lines it state that the operator MUST do a visual check to see if you are speeding, then take a 3 second reading to allow the radar to calculate the correct speed at which you are travelling, this goes for ALL speed cameras fixed or hand held.
And before ANY ONE has a go at me, common sense must play a part in every day driving, school kids around SLOW DOWN. Basically NO VICTIM, NO CRIME.
How many of us have done 80 or 90 in a 60 zone late at night? without killing someone, NO VICTIM, but if you get court!
I know the thread has moved on a bit since here, but I have to ask, is this a serious post?
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #35
Scott

Have a look at the "Disclaimer" page from that site. What a pack of tools.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #36
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Have a look at the "Disclaimer" page from that site. What a pack of tools.

It was worth the trip back there. Knobs.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #37
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL, what a nice easy way to make a million bucks!
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post