Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #31
Chilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Mr Howard has offered the ACCC more power to get stuck into the Oil Companies for slacking off on ensuring oil prices correlate to the Singapore and international marktet.

Read Here
It was a certain prime minister (Fraser) and treasurer (Howard) who in the seventies linked our fuel pricing to world parity. The price of fuel skyrocketed overnight. Funny thing though, our wages didn't skyrocket at the same time.
To-night on the national news, there was the same Howard saying that if the ACCC needed stronger powers to deal with the oil companies and thier collusion in pricing, all they had to do was ask. The man takes us all for mugs!
Chilla is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:01 AM   #32
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robe
How the hell can auto gas be 57 cents this morning?

In Melbourne gas has nearly trippled in price in nearly three years. :
I wish. I have never paid less than 60 cents here.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:09 AM   #33
Deviateboy
Banned

59.9 here in sa has been for the last 2 years....
Deviateboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #34
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry
There is currently NO excise on LPG. Zero. Zip. Nada. Nothing.

So what, exactly, is the government supposed to cut? And what is it "raking in".

There WILL be an excise on LPG, starting in the middle of next year. The initial excise will be a HUGE 2.5c/L. It will go up by 2.5c/L per year until it peaks at 12.5c/L in 2012. Heavens knows what petrol will be worth by then.

And for the conspiracy theorists linking the excise to the rebate announced last year, the excise was announced in December 2003, almost 3 years before the rebate was introduced and 4 1/2 years before the first 2.5c/L excise will be levied in 2008.

Taxation by stealth? A surprise, shock, ambush style tax imposition? I think not.
ok then . the govt, wont grab the money back . even when they start taxing us , for LPG. they are just doing us another favour, ( as they do) because they are such good economic managers .
YA FARKEN HAPPY NOW .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #35
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

head out to outback queensand and the .57c will look good
Old 11-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #36
DaveGod
Your not Ron

I wasnt going to read all that. But i read alot of whinging about it peaking at 57cents. Its been 59cents at kaleen in Canberra for AT LEAST the last year. And iam sure that somewhere else people are paying more then me. So you should feel lucky that you pay less then me, and myself for paying less then someone else. This is just another pointless whinge thread about gas/petrol/govt bashing.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #37
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

It goes up and down all of the time ... and in some areas ... yes I have to pay more ... but still .... it's a darn sight cheaper than ULP and it's derivatives.

I really have no complaints about it ... if you have to pay the extra .. pay it.

If you can't afford it ... get a smaller vehicle ... get a bike ... or drive less.

My wife has the LPG ute today ... and I have the petrol Territory ... and bloody hell ... I'd hate to be filling the Territory up all of the time ... I'd seriously be broke with the amount of kays I do.

We really shouldn't whinge ... there are other countries out there paying a hell of a lot more for fuel than we are.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #38
Robe

Thumbs down

That gas is still cheaper than petrol and that it costs more in other parts of the State or the country or the world is still no reason for us to keep copping cost increases.

Over the last three years the price of gas has risen well out of proportion with CPI and with just about all other products.

If milk had more than doubled in the same time would we still just shrug it off?

I have the horrible feeling that the petrol companies' strategy is to keep creeping up the cost of gas.

They will still be able to claim that it is cheaper than petrol while pocketing the profit from a huge mark-up.

: :

Bog standard silver BF Wagon, except for the Elvis doll , on gas.

Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Association
www.VRRDA.com.au

2015 Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance State Championships
23 May 2015, Furlan Club, Thornbury
Robe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #39
goXF
Now AU powered

In Bendigo its been sitting at 46.9cpl for months

Current Car: 2002 AU3 Falcon Forte sedan, 51,000Km when purchased - NOW: 81,000Km.
goXF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #40
aye you
The Origional, The Best

80c/l up in darwin. on a side note, what distance are people getting on their LPG cars? been thinking bout converting my AU to duel fuel
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #41
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by aye you
80c/l up in darwin. on a side note, what distance are people getting on their LPG cars? been thinking bout converting my AU to duel fuel
While it is cheaper, you get less power and worse economy than unleaded. From memory, the BF pure gas was 15.7l per 100k @ <160kw compared to 10.7l per 100k @ 190kw. I've never been a fan of gas and whilst I may be misguided in this view, I just don't trust it and think its only for BBQ's.

Dirty Harry, apologies. I was of the belief that the LPG excise was starting around 10-15c before being allowed to go up higher 2-3 years after introduction, has it changed in the last 4-5 years????

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #42
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Yes there is a power loss .... at redline (who drives at redline at 90% of the time????)
Torque figures are not that far apart in real world revs ... especially when it comes to work utes on LPG ... so there is bugger all difference in pulling effort (tractive effort). After driving both BFII petrol and LPG utes .... I felt there was literally no difference in normal driving.

Yes LPG will use more in stop start traffic ... but when on the go ... there is little difference (especially highway running). The cost offset make LPG much cheaper to run ... and with larger tanks (in wagons and utes) ... a decent range as well.

Also BBG LPG is different from automotive LPG too.

There is more safety precautions when it comes to LPG as well ... in an accident .... there's more chance of a petrol vehicle igniting than an LPG vehicle.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #43
Jesk
certified nutter

Quote:
in my ef i get 375-400km per tank city, or 475-500km country (think its 53L), and I have no problem with the amount of go I have, ask sexr6tasy and m3lly though i still run petrol in it about $10 of 98 octane a week (BP ultimate she runs smoother then on V-power (which i work for shell)) I have no idea what kind of mileage I'd get out of a whole tank of petrol but on the gas I'm not complaining since I can drive to mount gambier on about $30 (450km) and often have change. Naturally theres a bit more go to be had when I'm running petrol so I'm often running that for the cruises. but in findon last weekend I managed to fill up LPG at 49.9cpl
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #44
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Mate in perth it hasnt been in the 40`s for years.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #45
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Got a BA Futura on dedicated gas, still lots of power although down on a petrol model, but around town you wouldn't notice it. Get 450k out of a tank without running it empty, can get 500 if careful.
My XC 351 is also on gas (dual fuel) and I get 270 kays (65 litres)and it feels like the handbrake is on.