Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

Default EB V8 Vacuum Lines

hey guys,

was under the bonnet of the car today while it was running, and i noticed a loudish sucking noise. I found a hose not connected to anything just sucking air but i couldnt find where it is suppoder to plug into. I also noticed that there was and empty plug on the bottom of my map sensor. I included some pics, anyone got any idea where they go?

JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #2
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

i have know idea on the first one but the second one should have a hose on it
its more of a tube actually clear tube
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #3
Psycho Chicken
Banned

It's not a MAP sensor, it's a BAP sensor. Should be open I believe, I'll check the manual, it's an early EB V8 thing.

As for the first hose, looks like the one for the heater box. Except you shouldn't have it in an XR8. Could be EGR stuff, what's that line with the 90 degree end go to?

[EDIT]Scrap that, the XR8 will still have the vac line for the heater. With the engine running, turn the heater fan on. Can you get it off the front windscreen?[/EDIT]

I'd go check mine to compare but EGR is long gone and it's not old enough for the BAP sensor.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
Psycho Chicken
Banned

According to the manual the BAP sensor should be open, so that's fine.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Yep BAP sensor leave it alone!!!! It measures air pressure therefore altitude or air density.
Does your air vents inside the car change to face or is it stuck on windscreen???? If it is the case the black lastic hose that goes inside the car goes onto that little adapter you have pictured.
I can see the black hose mentioned pictured in the second picture, running over the top of the heater tap check if thats goin somewhere.
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

OK, BAP sensor is still open, and that was the hose running over the heater tap, so thats plugged back in again!

thanks alot for the help guys!
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post