Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Default Any Other Fellow Dirtbikers On Here?

Hey guys.

Just wondering if there is any other dirtbikes on here i know there is a few. Maybe start up a thread to chat about it or whatever. Post a pic of your bike.

Glenn

Old 31-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
xr6268

yeh. race 250fs from qld to melbourne, amx, opens etc. oh and there yzs
Old 31-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

sweeeeeeeet i have an XR400R
Old 31-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #4
VSSII

Got a Yamaha 11/98 WR250Z which will be up for sale in about a week. Yamaha of Troy graphics, new fork seals, rear bearings, two new tyres and about 10 months rego. Had it for 3 years trailriding and I still find it too toey for me!
Old 31-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
Matt_971
Regular Bum

hahaha toey eh.

i got a husaberg fe600. Mild head work, warm cam and bit more fuel for it to chew n it ******* flies!!

still yet to ride a bike like it. is sooo ridable. is very torquey motor dont need to rev it like most 4 strokes these days. and it handles like a dream.

where do you guys go riding. i am from echuca n plenty of state forest round here. also mum is on a farm up in the hills near seymour. thats good up there too.
Old 31-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #6
Duc21

Default My last bike

This is my last bike which i have just recently sold.... 2004 RM250. Awesome bike straight from the shop, then she got a bit of work done to her so was pretty lethal!!! :
Old 31-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #7
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah use to ride a cr250...
was choice...
sold it when i moved.
Now on a 06 R6 instead
Cant beat a two stroke...
Old 31-05-2007, 10:11 PM   #8
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

02 YZ 426F Love it to bits.
Old 31-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2005 Yam Banshee
Old 31-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
CrankR
XR6 Madness

Have me a '07 Yamy YZ250F that i race on weekends.

It's a very fast machine, too fast actually. I'm still getting use to riding on MX tracks and so am always scared to go flat out. Bumps and jumps are not the kind of riding i'm used to.

Never the less i still go and give it my best and my confidence is up which helps me gain the skills i need quickly.
Custom Tune, Underdrives, Paccie #4490's with 2 1/2 Magnaflow

Last edited by CrankR; 31-05-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 31-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #11
mrniceguy

I have an 07 CRF450. Raced at AJS a few times, now just ride in the bush or hit my trailer ramp from time to time. Will post up some pics when photobucket decides to work for me.
Old 31-05-2007, 11:31 PM   #12
aughia
Starter Motor

I have a KTM 300 EXC that i trail ride here in VIC.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:23 AM   #13
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm hoping to get a WR250f to take trail riding etc soon.

When looking at bikes, generally what should i be looking out for? I know a fair bit about cars, but when it comes to bikes i know fairly little.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:58 AM   #14
mrniceguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv619
I'm hoping to get a WR250f to take trail riding etc soon.

When looking at bikes, generally what should i be looking out for? I know a fair bit about cars, but when it comes to bikes i know fairly little.
Get the best condition newest model you can afford. Dont worry too much about make, the condition of the bike is far more important. Helps heaps if you know the service history of it, and know what the owners attitude to maintainance is. Dont buy from a dealer either, you wont get any sort of guarantee with a MX'er and dont think so with a traily, but not sure. Dealers have a tendancy to "polish a ****" to get a sale, as thats how they make a living. And remember new style 4 strokes (WR/YZF etc) have maintanance schedules more like an old 2 stroke mx'er than a XR400. Oh and and one way to tell if a bikes had lots of use is to look at the clutch and magneto covers. Lots of wear=many hours. People often buy a graphics kit just for a sale, but not clutch and mag covers. Bottom of the chassis rails are worth a look too.

Also ask the owner how long since he greased his headset and linkage bearings. The answer will tell u lots about what type of bike owner you are dealing with.

The best bike to buy is one owned by someone you or your mate knows, who has looked after it, and who is selling it because he never has the time to ride it! Good luck!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:25 AM   #15
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrniceguy
Get the best condition newest model you can afford. Dont worry too much about make, the condition of the bike is far more important. Helps heaps if you know the service history of it, and know what the owners attitude to maintainance is. Dont buy from a dealer either, you wont get any sort of guarantee with a MX'er and dont think so with a traily, but not sure. Dealers have a tendancy to "polish a ****" to get a sale, as thats how they make a living. And remember new style 4 strokes (WR/YZF etc) have maintanance schedules more like an old 2 stroke mx'er than a XR400. Oh and and one way to tell if a bikes had lots of use is to look at the clutch and magneto covers. Lots of wear=many hours. People often buy a graphics kit just for a sale, but not clutch and mag covers. Bottom of the chassis rails are worth a look too.

Also ask the owner how long since he greased his headset and linkage bearings. The answer will tell u lots about what type of bike owner you are dealing with.

The best bike to buy is one owned by someone you or your mate knows, who has looked after it, and who is selling it because he never has the time to ride it! Good luck!
Hey thanks mate. What do you think about this bike?? It "says" that it has only 230km, but is their a way for a dodgy owner to disconnect the odometer (not saying this guy has, but to be sure)?

It looks to be a fairly good price for a practically new bike.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:28 AM   #16
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

My baby. But is for sale now fell out with my mate so no1 to ride with dead money now. But i love her to bits. Most reliable bike ever. People say there slow but those people just dont know how to ride.

Change the oil every 4-5 rides takes ages to get dirty. Change the oil filter every 2nd oil change and wash the air filter every ride. Wash it keep it clean and thats it. Just keeps going and wont die. Starts every time.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:03 AM   #17
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

06 CRF450X (Pictured)

02 DR-Z400 bored to 440, RM forks, Ohlins internals in shock, head work, cams. Supermoto kit.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #18
mrniceguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv619
Hey thanks mate. What do you think about this bike?? It "says" that it has only 230km, but is their a way for a dodgy owner to disconnect the odometer (not saying this guy has, but to be sure)?

It looks to be a fairly good price for a practically new bike.
Well it certainly looks clean, worth a look for sure. And yes disconecting the odometer is very easy. But its not always done for the reason you might think. Some blokes who ride mostly in the bush (or race enduros) will remove indicators and the speedo just to reduce chances of smashing them in what would otherwise be a minor crash. I know with KTMs you can even buy a spacer to replace the odometer drive next to the front hub.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #19
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=19518
Closed Thread