Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #31
MattyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATT2
Had the great pleasure of going to Moe once, once was enough, Go the Top Pub in Morwell had a bloody good time there, as for the best city ...Brisbane...
Haha.. yeah i was kidding - it's funny if i'm in another major city i can reel off 5 towns that i live near, then i say 'Moe' and they're like 'ohhh'. Normally followed by a Jayden Lesky murder comment
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 10:45 PM   #32
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just putting in a comment about Hobart.

Hobarts a nice place, and to me it will always be home but it doesnt offer alot to a young person like me. It really depends on what your after. It does get cold, but if that doesnt bother you much then you'll be fine. You pretty much need to be qualified in anything to get anywhere. You will get a lot for what you paid for houses are cheap.
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #33
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I mentioned in my prior post, Mercer did an independant survey of all the worlds cities. Here is the top five plus our cities and a couple of others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsweek
What foreign postings are most coveted by expatriate executives? To find out, Mercer Human Resource Consulting, which provides advice to multinational companies on international assignments, has come up with a global ranking of the world's most livable cities based on 39 key quality-of-life issues. They include political stability, currency-exchange regulations, political and media censorship, school quality, housing, the environment and public safety. Mercer collected the data between September and November of 2006 and considered 215 cities around the globe. Switzerland's main commercial and cultural center, Zurich, topped the list this year, followed by Geneva, and Vancouver and Vienna, which tied for third. To see how other cities fared, check out this interactive table.
Mercer Human Resource Consulting Worldwide Quality of Living Survey 2007 as measured against major world cities, with New York as the control measure:

http://bwnt.businessweek.com/interac...ies_worldwide/
http://www.mercerhr.com/referencecon...ontent=1128060
Zurich 1st
Geneva 2nd
Vancouver 3rd (equal)
Vienna 3rd (equal)
Auckland 5th
Sydney 9th
Melbourne 17th
Perth 21st
Adelaide 30th
Brisbane 32nd
Singapore 34th
London 39th
New York 48th
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #34
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having travelled most the World, If you live in Australia then theres a good chance you live in a good place...
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #35
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Depends what you want...

Melbourne IMO is the best place to live. Sporting events, culture, night life...everything.

But Melbourne is not a great holiday destination compared to places like QLD, which still has fantastic natural scenery in the rainforests while NT has Ayers Rock (Uluru). Alice Springs is another great tourist spot.

So best city in Oz? It's really quite hard to say...depends where you come from, what you like and where you've been.

There is no one answer.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #36
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Zurich 1st
Geneva 2nd
Vancouver 3rd (equal)
Vienna 3rd (equal)
Auckland 5th
Sydney 9th
Melbourne 17th
Perth 21st
Adelaide 30th
Brisbane 32nd
Singapore 34th
London 39th
New York 48th
I have been to all those places except: Vancouver, Auckland and New York.

As far as the Australian places go, best things I have seen/done in each:
Adelaide: went to see Australia vs West Indies one day match on Australia day
Perth: Not really IN Perth but spent the day at Freemantle and/or Rottnest Island
Brisbane: caught the river cat from Hamilton to Southbank
Melbourne: see the view from Rialto observation deck
Sydney: Catch the ferry to Manly
Canberra: dunno, theres heaps to see for a nerd like me. Telstra tower? I like towers
Newcastle: the tower on the waterfront

Last edited by GXL078; 16-05-2007 at 11:50 PM.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #37
capriv8

Perth - cars, sport, education, beaches, money, no stress, lots of oppertunity equals great lifestyle and more important good health.
capriv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #38
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotto

adelaide-not multicultaral at all-a bit like newcastle-low wages-not many good looking women ,very average-lucky if you see one in a hundred and we went everywhere ,night clubs restaraunts etc even more average in bikinis at the beach,think there sports teams are good,when they dont win much at all,frontrunners,but choke most times when it counts!!

Mate have to strongly disagree with very average looking women in Adelaide lucky if you see one in a hundred. That is so not the case and I live here. :

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #39
Yellow Fire
Cleveland Powered

bathurst. the best race track in the world and plenty of great people
Yellow Fire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #40
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Adelaide is not multicultural? They must bring them in for the Australia day parade. All cultural groups are represents in ther hundreds. Average looking women is BS too. Just go to Glenelg and have a look along Jetty Rd. Young females parade up and down seeing who can get the most comments form the bikie types out the front of the hotels. There are attractive young women there in packs at every turn. made me wish I was 20 years younger.Anyone who bags Adelaide is just jumping on the "lets' bag Adelaide" bandwagon because that's what their minds are programmed to do from birth.

Last edited by GXL078; 17-05-2007 at 08:43 AM.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #41
pb02
inconceivable!

One little town that many people don't know about....

Womboota!

Pros: More Churches than houses. State of the art recycling centre (read, 4 bins of different colours), yet to be influenced by the 19th Century. The closest McDonalds is 45 minutes away.

Cons: 4 Churches! Yet to be influenced by the 19th Century. When someone goes on holiday the population halves! The local phone book only has half a yellow page. The closest civilization is 45 minutes away.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #42
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Average looking women is BS too.
Agreed. I work in the city and if you go for a walk at lunch time during summer in Rundle Mall, you have to have the rest of the day off work due to getting a sore neck from perving at all the women!
Sshhhh! Don't tell the wife!

For me, definitely Adelaide. Being in IT, there is plenty of good work here. I also live in the Barossa Valley, so have the best of city working and country living.

You know you're in Adelaide when... http://blog.myspace.com/frankiemadeleine
Old 17-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #43
lotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
Mate have to strongly disagree with very average looking women in Adelaide lucky if you see one in a hundred. That is so not the case and I live here. :

howdy-mate the only thing adelaide has in common with newcastle is that its not multi-cultural,average women in adel,newcastle has a lot of hot women!there evrywhere.

i have travelled all over the world,honestly,i will tell you per population,and in no particular order ,the most babes i have seen ,have been in sweden,south africa-capetown,montreal in canada!and spain,!!

australia ,sydney by far-second would be perth,melbourne,gold coast,then adelaide ahead of tassie and darwin!

but i do agree with earlier comments that anyway in australia is pretty good,and its the best country to live in!!

but if you think adelaide for chicks!! you need to get out more,sorry

cheers mark
lotto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 06:28 PM   #44
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Go for the biggest city in OZ.... MT ISA.
Old 17-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #45
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotto
A whole lot of stuff about Adelaide* *edited
MoreHPformyXR6 lives in Adelaide and I take his judgement to be more solid and justified than yours. You live in NSW...far away from Adelaide.

There are good ladies everywhere you go. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While some like the anorexic models, others like some with a bit of curves (or a lot).

Each to their own.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #46
lotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
MoreHPformyXR6 lives in Adelaide and I take his judgement to be more solid and justified than yours. You live in NSW...far away from Adelaide.

There are good ladies everywhere you go. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While some like the anorexic models, others like some with a bit of curves (or a lot).

Each to their own.
mate!! fact is I can HONESTLY say I lived in adelaide for thirty years,so there you go!!!

I would not make a judgement like that without fact,i have only been in nsw 6 years and travel back to adel nearly every year to see my parents!!
lotto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #47
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Between March and October, , Townsville, QLD.

then in the summer months, , Hobart....

AC/DC
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post